Mar 23, 2020
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-2020
Just called IRCC agency,
Eligibility passed,
Security not started,
CrimInality in progress,

Agency told me that means my file does not picked up by an officer.

Anyone same boat as me?

Still stuck in the deep ocean..
Same brother, only change for me is Criminality is passed. Same status since last July as per GCMS.

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
Did you claim points for arranged job offer, if you did, you cannot. If you did not, then you can.
Hi @legalfalcon

I have same query.

If we are on closed work permit and have claimed 50 points for PR application.

What happens when we get BOWP, atleast then we can change jobs. Believe that's what open permit is for.

Would have completed 2 years on closed permit when I apply for my BOWP. Hope this won't make me loose 50 points.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
If you don't intend returning until your PR application is approved, there is no point applying for a BOWP. Once you move out of Canada for an indefinite period make sure that you update your address with IRCC.

As and when your application will be approved, you will be informed and based on the country you will be in, you will be sent instructions to submit your passport, if you are not from a visa exempt country.
Thank you for the detailed response, I appreciate it! I’ll dismiss the BOWP application idea then. All the best.

iona_p

Jul 4, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, my AOR is 31march 2020 and I'm a FSW outland. In the month of October on my application said cleared medical on 16th June 2020 today it shows 14th Dec 2020. Why has the date changed. I had done my medicals in the month of February 2020 post receiving ITA.

Reactions: Mariem Rita

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have same query.

If we are on closed work permit and have claimed 50 points for PR application.

What happens when we get BOWP, atleast then we can change jobs. Believe that's what open permit is for.

Would have completed 2 years on closed permit when I apply for my BOWP. Hope this won't make me loose 50 points.
It is not about what open permit is for. You can work for any employer when you have a open work permit. If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then the "year after clause will also go away" as the employer who gave you that undertaking will withdraw the offer, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.