FSW
AOR Received.
24-03-2020
Med's Done....
28-05-2020 Passed
Interview........
Not required
@Corvallis2015 @raindropcreature @trangvu.cy

Quick question guys, were all your stages passed or did you have RFV message in your notes before today? And did any of you get the IRCC emails from last week about delays? Thanks
I have never requested anything from them. Online profile shows that security and background are being processed. I got IRCC email last week about delay but seems like that’s auto for everyone.

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
I have never requested anything from them. Online profile shows that security and background are being processed. I got IRCC email last week about delay but seems like that’s auto for everyone.
Thanks for your response. I'm also in the US but PNP. From the posts I've seen, it seems like people that have all stages passed but their apps have not been approved got the email about the delay but those that have 'Approved' in their GCMS notes, got the survey email.

With the address confirmation, hopefully it means they have started to work a little more on applications from visa-exempt countries....fingers crossed.

ps1234

Mar 29, 2021
Congrats on your PR.
May I ask how were you able to travel to Canada? I thought borders were closed to people who received COPR after 18 March 2020,
Honestly, I didn't even know that post-March 2020 COPRs were not allowed to travel. I never regularly monitored the IRCC website for travel exemptions. I only checked the website for requirements for entering Canada a few days before the flight which meant presenting a negative Covid-19 test and quarantining for 14 days. The COPR also came with a paper with information about entering Canada, and it didn't say anything about not entering because our papers were post-March 2020 or anything like that. Therefore, working with the information that we had, there was nothing that said we couldn't travel to Canada. Anyway, when we arrived, no questions asked at Immigration and pretty much smooth sailing.

PS - just received the PR card today. :D

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Urgent!

hi, @caipsnotes @legalfalcon
I am not receiving any emails from IRCC. So, I checked my GCMS and found that my lawyer provided the wrong email id :( How can I correct it? should I raise a web form? How long does it take to update the system after I raise the webform?

Reactions: Carmen01

Corvallis2015

Dec 26, 2020
@Corvallis2015 @raindropcreature @trangvu.cy

Quick question guys, were all your stages passed or did you have RFV message in your notes before today? And did any of you get the IRCC emails from last week about delays? Thanks
No mine is still in the review required category, yup I got delay email. I think it has to do with VO, only Montreal VO, US based applicants got this email. At this time, only applicants from the US are allowed to enter the Canada, so they may be thinking about clearing a US based backlog

sd00

Feb 17, 2021
My PR application is in progress (AOR 26 March 2020 - CEC Inland). Criminality is left and every thing else is passed since about June.

I applied for WP extension for 18 months which got approved. If I leave Canada for 4-5 months, will my PR application be affected?

What will happen if I receive my PR approval when I am outside Canada. Can I come to Canada on WP and then apply for PR card? Or I will have to land with CoPR in canada? Do I have to let IRCC know if I am outside the country? as I was planning to keep Canada's address continued on the PR file.

@legalfalcon your input will be appreciated

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Urgent!

hi,@legalfalcon
I am not receiving any emails from IRCC. So, I checked my GCMS and found that my lawyer provided the wrong email id :( How can I correct it? should I raise a web form? How long does it take to update the system after I raise the webform?

If you are being represented by a lawyer, you should ask the lawyer to send a webform and update the email id.

If you are not represented by a lawyer, you can update your email via webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My PR application is in progress (AOR 26 March 2020 - CEC Inland). Criminality is left and every thing else is passed since about June.

I applied for WP extension for 18 months which got approved. If I leave Canada for 4-5 months, will my PR application be affected?

What will happen if I receive my PR approval when I am outside Canada. Can I come to Canada on WP and then apply for PR card? Or I will have to land with CoPR in canada? Do I have to let IRCC know if I am outside the country? as I was planning to keep Canada's address continued on the PR file.

@legalfalcon your input will be appreciated

Thanks
You can travel anywhere and leave Canada, it has no impact on the processing of your PR application.

If your application is approved while your are outside Canada, it will depend on how you get the approval.

If you receive a COPR, which is signed and stamped, which is sent to most inland applicants, then you become a PR effective date on the COPR and all other existing visas and permits are cancelled. You will have to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada.

You do not have to change your address on file if you are leaving Canada for a short visit. Only of your move to another country, you have to change your address, and in that case IRCC will send your a PPR, and issue you a PR visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country) and COPR.

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Got an email today asking to confirm my address. I moved (within city) three months ago and notified them right away.
FSW AOR march 2020. Is it a sign of getting copr or passport request soon?
Could you please share your VO? Also, are you currently residing in Canada?

Sachin007

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My medical expired on 24th March 2021, however my Wife medical was supposed to expire on August 2021.

Now on portal I see, Medical status as -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Can I check, only my medical might be sent for review again and it can either get extended or I will be asked to redo?

My wife medical is still valid, will be extended too?

Thanks in advance