+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Could you please share from where did u get this graph ?
Thanks
You can find all the statistics here. You can apply all the filters that you are interested in. Just keep in mind that this is filled on voluntary base and it is not necessarily up to date and/or complete. You can also create an account for free and add and maintain your case, helping building more reliable stats.

Reactions: xmanprash

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon do you have any idea about this? Thanks
Each application is processed on its own merits and has no impact on each other. It will have no bearing on your PR application.

As per subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act dual intent is allowed

Dual intent

(2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Reactions: D-star

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
The officer assigned to my file issues copr for August & September 2020 AOR during same pandemic while Q1 2020 applicants still wait for indefinite amount of time. What would happen if I simply apply again? I am positive i will receive ITA immediately and probably have a better chance of application being processed normally. I may lose ~$2000 on another process but at least its better than this- losing time waiting and nothing seems to be happening. No communication whatsoever. No ETA. @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The officer assigned to my file issues copr for August & September 2020 AOR during same pandemic while Q1 2020 applicants still wait for indefinite amount of time. What would happen if I simply apply again? I am positive i will receive ITA immediately and probably have a better chance of application being processed normally. I may lose ~$2000 on another process but at least its better than this- losing time waiting and nothing seems to be happening. No communication whatsoever. No ETA. @legalfalcon
IRCC will not process two applications, when one is in process. This is to avoid duplicity of work, so either you will have to withdraw the first one, which would not be worth it since it has already processed.

So just be patient and wait. Even though applicants who have approvals cannot travel due to travel restrictions. So just wait it out.

msg2nish

Sep 16, 2019
1. No, there will be no impact. The application is locked on the day you submit it. If you move out, if permanently or fore the foreseeable future, you should inform IRCC of the change of country of residence, so that when you application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport for the PR Visa and COPR. If you are leaving Canada for a short duration, you do not need to inform. However, be advised that if your COPR is issued, you may have to apply for PRTD if you are not in Canada to return, as upon the issuance of signed and stamped COPR, all other visas are cancelled.

2. The BOWP is only for a PA. For dependents they will have their own SOWP / visitor's record / Visa etc.
Thank you very much for detailed response. Its very clear now. Thanks again!!

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes, Since there is confusion among March 2020 AoR group, I wanted to check this with you: My medical expired in Feb last week as per the GCMS. My medical status in the portal changed to 'You don't need a medical exam' on March 2nd, 2021. It is almost a month, there is no change in this status, and we are making the below assumptions. Are these correct?

a. VO wants our medical to be extended, and hence, they have sent it for reassessment.

b. The Reassessment might have been completed. But, it is not updated in the CiC portal. Or, is the Reassessment on-hold for the outland applicants?

c. As per the link you have shared before, designated countries require a medical examination. Since Residents of India need a medical examination, they belong to a designated country. Hence, their medical status will be extended for 1 year.

Could you kindly help us in clarifying the above statements? Are these the right assumptions?

Many thanks in advance.

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Each application is processed on its own merits and has no impact on each other. It will have no bearing on your PR application.

As per subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act dual intent is allowed

Dual intent

(2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html
Thank you