+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

JSidhuBrar

Mar 16, 2021
Hello

I got my GCMS notes which states everything is passed except Security which is not started but on the notes it seems it was started in June 2020.

I can see on the notes-

Admissibility:

Security: 1
Created date: 05-2020
Updated date: 05-2020
Due date: 05-2021

@legalfalcon

Which means the security has started?

Please advise if you have the same situtation.

thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello

I got my GCMS notes which states everything is passed except Security which is not started but on the notes it seems it was started in June 2020.

I can see on the notes-

Admissibility:

@legalfalcon

thanks
The status shows as "Not started"

Criminality and security have a shelf life just like medicals. If the processing takes longer, then criminality and security have to be re-done.

So in many cases even when eligibility is passed, the security has not been initiated. You can call IRCC or send a webform to ask if your security has been initiated.

There are many applications that are in the same stage as yours, where eligibility is passed, and security has not been initiated. Security only starts after it is initiated by IRCC. A security screening request is a message transmitted to National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners.

If you are an inland applicant, then you may only be subject to a record check, which is a fairly quick process as compared to comprehensive screening, which takes longer. To read on how security screening is done, when it is initiated and record check via comprehensive screening, see https://bit.ly/3b4cTUr

Reactions: JSidhuBrar

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello

I can see on the notes-

Admissibility:

@legalfalcon

thanks
If Security has started it will be redacted in Gcms Notes from IRCC or it will state in-progress as in this example of Gcms Notes from CBSA. Going forward if you want to monitor security in GCMS then it's better to request GCMS from CBSA, see why https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

For reference here is the online version of the CBSA security manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Will the extension be granted for 6 months from the initial expiry date of medicals? Or from the reevaluation date. (i.e. if my medicals expired in February 2021, and were reviewed in May. Will the 6 months start from February or May?)

Here is my detailed post on from when the extension is given and what date matters. #4,335

Reactions: jule1989

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Hello @caipsnotes @legalfalcon can I apply for a Canadian visitor visa while my express entry application is still being processed (approved since Sept 2020 accordingto GCMS)? I was wondering if the visitor visa would cancel my Express entry application or not. Thanks

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi. That's good your meds have been extended. That's a good sign

Below is a related write up

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended), in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Medicals are valid from the date as shown in the GCMS notes and that is the date when medicals were assessed by a Medical officer. Also see this link related to it Assessing the immigration medical examination

At the final stage IRCC will also check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.
Hi,

Thanks for this detailed reply. When I called on March 10th, my medical was expired, criminality was still in progress and security not started. But in only 9 days, my medical was extended and criminality and security was passed.

What are the next steps after all stages are passed?

Reactions: immicow

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for this detailed reply. When I called on March 10th, my medical was expired, criminality was still in progress and security not started. But in only 9 days, my medical was extended and criminality and security was passed.

Hope to God that they actually issue the COPR - been hearing folks have been stuck at that stage for months...

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
Hi,

Was there any update in your portal which said Medical is extended? My medicals expired on Feb 23,2020 but I find "You have passed the medicals".

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hope to God that they actually issue the COPR - been hearing folks have been stuck at that stage for months...
Yeah been hearing this alot. I’m just glad that there was any progress what so ever. My elligibility was passed in Aug of last year and the file wasn’t touched untill last week.

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Was there any update in your portal which said Medical is extended? My medicals expired on Feb 23,2020 but I find "You have passed the medicals".
When the medical expired, the status changed to ‘You do not need a medical exam’. After the extention, it changed again to ‘You passed the medical exam on (new date)’.

Reactions: akcjay

akcjay

Oct 21, 2020
When the medical expired, the status changed to ‘You do not need a medical exam’. After the extention, it changed again to ‘You passed the medical exam on (new date)’.
thanks for the response, mine says:
  • May 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

msg2nish

Sep 16, 2019
@legalfalcon Thank you for your contribution and guiding us with your responses. I think I can rely on you for this query
I've submitted my EE application under PNP (OINP - Human capital stream) + CEC on Mar 9th 2020. I am currently residing in Canada on BOWP.
I would like to confirm if
  1. There will be any impact on my in progress application If I move out of the country?
  2. Can my dependents remain in Canada on existing BOWP?
My OINP nomination doesn't have any employment restrictions and subject to the following condition and/or restrictions:
1. You continue to demonstrate on a reasonable basis an intention to reside in Ontario.

Please suggest

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you for your contribution and guiding us with your responses. I think I can rely on you for this query
I've submitted my EE application under PNP (OINP - Human capital stream) + CEC on Mar 9th 2020. I am currently residing in Canada on BOWP.
I would like to confirm if
  1. There will be any impact on my in progress application If I move out of the country?
  2. Can my dependents remain in Canada on existing BOWP?
My OINP nomination doesn't have any employment restrictions and subject to the following condition and/or restrictions:
1. You continue to demonstrate on a reasonable basis an intention to reside in Ontario.

Please suggest

1. No, there will be no impact. The application is locked on the day you submit it. If you move out, if permanently or fore the foreseeable future, you should inform IRCC of the change of country of residence, so that when you application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport for the PR Visa and COPR. If you are leaving Canada for a short duration, you do not need to inform. However, be advised that if your COPR is issued, you may have to apply for PRTD if you are not in Canada to return, as upon the issuance of signed and stamped COPR, all other visas are cancelled.

2. The BOWP is only for a PA. For dependents they will have their own SOWP / visitor's record / Visa etc.