+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I don’t think anyone intended to berate other candidates here but don’t you agree that prioritizing people who already have their life set up in Canada makes more sense rationally speaking when the world is in pandemic mode? Canadian government thinks otherwise of course, but it does make perfect sense to me. Now as an applicant who got stuck I see outland applicants who applied months (!) later get their applications processed while I’ve been in Canada for two years. It’s not fair so any frustration found on these forums is valid in my opinion.
At least you're already in Canada, able to work and bridge your visa as needed. It sucks that you have to wait, but what's PR going to allow you to do in the middle of a pandemic that you can't already?

I'm an outland applicant. I lived in Canada for 3 years, but I decided to return home just before the pandemic, expecting to be gone a few months. Here we are a year later.

It's unfair on everyone, whether inland or outland.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020

cck1986

May 8, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Visit the link and select "immigration" from the drop down. The info is on that page.

I have a feeling "finalise" is used in the broadest sense of the word. They've probably "finalised" most of March and April as well.
I would disagree with you, people who applied in April are the most I luckiest of all based on percentage wise approvals which is based on immitracker, though not formal it just gives a trend

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Visit the link and select "immigration" from the drop down. The info is on that page.

I have a feeling "finalise" is used in the broadest sense of the word. They've probably "finalised" most of March and April as well.
@Marappli @Canex17 . Yes, this was the page from the website that I was referring to. I haven't been following it, so I haven't been monitoring its changes, but I remember looking at the same info around January 19 when they first announced they were prioritizing CEC and this info first became available. At that time, the website said they were working on apps received in early-mid August 2020. It didn't say "finalizing" at that time so that could've meant anything for example - they just started processing them. If you've been following the website, then please share any changes you may have seen. If the current info is a continuation of that, then It hints at the backlog being cleared in a backwards order by month.The next update will be telling

Reactions: Canex17

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available.

• Sad
Reactions: bgpatel

ticalee

Sep 17, 2020
Contacted MP. MP required the latest status and forwarded it to me which is exactly the same as GCMS notes:

Criminality in progressing,
Security not started.

And MP told me they can't do anything.

Then I called IRCC last week. My file has a note that MP has inquired about the status. But IRCC's respond is as usual, WAIT
:mad::mad::mad:

bgpatel

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Contacted MP. MP required the latest status and forwarded it to me which is exactly the same as GCMS notes:

Criminality in progressing,
Security not started.

And MP told me they can't do anything.

Then I called IRCC last week. My file has a note that MP has inquired about the status. But IRCC's respond is as usual, WAIT
:mad::mad::mad:
This is a complete sh1t show. processing applications in LIFO? that's nuts man. I can't stop thinking about my application. Out life is stuck.

navi11

Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone,
I applied for my PR under CEC ( cut off was 75 my score was 467 )and was on LMIA based work permit and after receiving my invitation i lost my job in first week of march 2021 and my employer applied for my another work permit in January 2021 as the first one was about expire, which got approved today but unfortunately i don't work for them anymore my questions are :-

1. will it affect my PR as i gained the job offer points ? as my file is now under processing.
2. can i cancel the LMIA based work permit and apply for BOWP ?
3. Does CIC will contact my employer about anything?

Note:- Received AOR on march 18, 2021
please help me out i am very confused about it.

Thank you in advance :)

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
I applied for my PR under CEC ( cut off was 75 my score was 467 )and was on LMIA based work permit and after receiving my invitation i lost my job in first week of march 2021 and my employer applied for my another work permit in January 2021 as the first one was about expire, which got approved today but unfortunately i don't work for them anymore my questions are :-

1. will it affect my PR as i gained the job offer points ? as my file is now under processing.
2. can i cancel the LMIA based work permit and apply for BOWP ?
3. Does CIC will contact my employer about anything?

Note:- Received AOR on march 18, 2021
please help me out i am very confused about it.

Thank you in advance :)
If you got invited in that draw, with cutoff CRS of 75, you don't have to worry about losing any points unless you somehow dip below 75. I think you'll be fine. :D

As for LMIA query. I don't know. I'd say contact them through webform and explain the situation, but you'll likely be waiting 2-4 weeks for a response....

navi11

Jul 4, 2019
i did contact(called) them on march 18th to withdraw my application they said we will put a note on the file for withdrawal of file but they apparently approved it.

and thank you for replying:):):):)
If you got invited in that draw, with cutoff CRS of 75, you don't have to worry about losing any points unless you somehow dip below 75. I think you'll be fine. :D

As for LMIA query. I don't know. I'd say contact them through webform and explain the situation, but you'll likely be waiting 2-4 weeks for a response....

Reactions: Canex17

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
My medical expired more than a month back and the new status stated that I didn’t need a medical exam. But a few days ago, my medical was renewed.

1. Does this mean an officer worked on my file?
2. Does this mean I can expect a decision soon?
3. Is there anyone here that got their medical renewed and recently got their PR? How long did it take to get the decision after the medical renewal?

@caipsnotes
Hi. That's good your meds have been extended. That's a good sign

Below is a related write up

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended), in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Medicals are valid from the date as shown in the GCMS notes and that is the date when medicals were assessed by a Medical officer. Also see this link related to it Assessing the immigration medical examination

At the final stage IRCC will also check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi. That's good your meds have been extended. That's a good sign

Below is a related write up

Expiry, re-meds and extensions - If the medical results are about to expire then you may be asked for a re-medical examination, if required. If a re-med is not required then the medicals will be extended. This is how the process works - when the validity period of medical results expire or are about to expire an IRCC officer will send it for reassessment and the regional medical officer (RMO) at the IRCC Health Branch (HB) will make the determination. Based on this reassessment by the RMO the GCMS file is updated as extended or the applicant is informed to get the medical examination done again. At this time the process for reassessment is not automatic and has to be manually undertaken. Due to the manual nature of this process there can be delays in sending the file for reassessment; updating GCMS with the extension status or informing the applicant (tip - use the web-form and inquire about the status or request your GCMS file). As an applicant you can also get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended), in which case submit the upfront sheet to IRCC via the web-form. Other things to keep in mind - if IRCC grants an extension then it will be for no more than 6 months; a re-med on other hand is valid for 1 year. Also, if you see a message on myCIC "you do not need medical exam" then it quite likely means that your medical results have been sent for reassessment.

Medicals are valid from the date as shown in the GCMS notes and that is the date when medicals were assessed by a Medical officer. Also see this link related to it Assessing the immigration medical examination

At the final stage IRCC will also check if your medicals and passport are still valid. Before PPR is sent the details of an applicant's COPR, its expiration and the PR visa are input into the GCMS system. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.
Will the extension be granted for 6 months from the initial expiry date of medicals? Or from the reevaluation date. (i.e. if my medicals expired in February 2021, and were reviewed in May. Will the 6 months start from February or May?)

Reactions: Mintyads