***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Rima Sharma

Mar 16, 2021
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27 April 2020
My medical expired more than a month back and the new status stated that I didn’t need a medical exam. But a few days ago, my medical was renewed.

1. Does this mean an officer worked on my file?
2. Does this mean I can expect a decision soon?
3. Is there anyone here that got their medical renewed and recently got their PR? How long did it take to get the decision after the medical renewal?

Thanks
what is your AOR?

r12498

Mar 21, 2021
hello folks,

i would like to share my timeline for Express entry CEC
VO- ottawa
AOR 3 march 2020

Medical passed 15 march

biometric 13 march

applied for GCMS note , file was approved and all feild was passed on assessment page (SEPT 2020) and i was tagged in covid CN group in GCMS notes
called IRCC agent several time , they said no ETA for copr due to covid.
sent webform 3 times , each time , "application is in progress" generic reply from ircc.
talked with ircc agent in JAN 2021 agent said they will send message to visa office since application is already completed and approved, after that kept calling ircc for follow up.

checked profile randomly , found application approved on 16 feb 2021 but No copr email and letter attach on profile , sent webform to ircc , got copr from etobicoke office after 25 days, asking to send photo for pr card.

it took almost a year to get copr and now god know how much for pr card.

all the best, i hope everyone get copr soon!

Last edited:

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
hello folks,

i would like to share my timeline for Express entry CEC
VO- ottawa
AOR 3 march 2020

Medical passed 15 march

biometric 13 march

applied for GCMS note , file was approved and all feild was passed on assessment page (SEPT 2020) and i was tagged in covid CN group in GCMS notes
called IRCC agent several time , they said no ETA for copr due to covid.
sent webform 3 times , each time , "application is in progress" generic reply from ircc.
talked with ircc agent in JAN 2021 agent said they will send message to visa office since application is already completed and approved, after that kept calling ircc for follow up.

checked profile randomly , found application approved on 16 feb 2021 but No copr email and letter attach on profile , sent webform to ircc , got copr from etobicoke office after 25 days, asking to send photo for pr card.

it took almost a year to get copr and now god know how much for pr card.

all the best, i hope everyone get copr soon!
Congrats mate. You really had to work for this... you had probably the worst timing for CEC application

Reactions: kn604

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Do you believe cic has any plan or strategy to respond to the pending applications from Early 2020? They have made it known that they are aware of a backlog. The website says they are currently prioritizing finalizing applications received in late May 2020. I know there there are many applicants like me who applied before that time - with all stages passed but no copr. @legalfalcon

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Haha. Amazing, love the no offense part and then you go on to berate outland candidates as low lifers who won't get a job upon landing. Like someone else mentioned you sure should go back to US and get your EB1C green card. USCIS will sure roll out the red carpet for you.
I don’t think anyone intended to berate other candidates here but don’t you agree that prioritizing people who already have their life set up in Canada makes more sense rationally speaking when the world is in pandemic mode? Canadian government thinks otherwise of course, but it does make perfect sense to me. Now as an applicant who got stuck I see outland applicants who applied months (!) later get their applications processed while I’ve been in Canada for two years. It’s not fair so any frustration found on these forums is valid in my opinion.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I don’t think anyone intended to berate other candidates here but don’t you agree that prioritizing people who already have their life set up in Canada makes more sense rationally speaking when the world is in pandemic mode? Canadian government thinks otherwise of course, but it does make perfect sense to me. Now as an applicant who got stuck I see outland applicants who applied months (!) later get their applications processed while I’ve been in Canada for two years. It’s not fair so any frustration found on these forums is valid in my opinion.
Brother m an outland applicant and i applied an year ago and i’ve seen no update watsoever on my application so far.. infact they are only processing inland candidates so far n outlanders are stuck waiting for a chance to take a step towards their hopeful future in Canada.. Peace

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Brother m an outland applicant and i applied an year ago and i’ve seen no update watsoever on my application so far.. infact they are only processing inland candidates so far n outlanders are stuck waiting for a chance to take a step towards their hopeful future in Canada.. Peace
We’re in the same boat then regardless of our application origin. Best of luck to you too!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Do you believe cic has any plan or strategy to respond to the pending applications from Early 2020? They have made it known that they are aware of a backlog. The website says they are currently prioritizing finalizing applications received in late May 2020. I know there there are many applicants like me who applied before that time - with all stages passed but no copr. @legalfalcon
It all hinges on when the government opens the borders, and when they start to roll out the COPRs. IRCC has to eventually open things up but unless there is a formal announcement, everything else is a prediction.

Reactions: FS@5055

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
My medical expired more than a month back and the new status stated that I didn’t need a medical exam. But a few days ago, my medical was renewed.

1. Does this mean an officer worked on my file?
2. Does this mean I can expect a decision soon?
3. Is there anyone here that got their medical renewed and recently got their PR? How long did it take to get the decision after the medical renewal?

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

PRDreams

Mar 22, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi
Wanted to check if someone else (CEC inland) is also having case officer SP10734 assigned and application is still in progress state.

Marappli

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Called IRCC today, I was told

Eligibility passed,
Medical passed but expired,
Criminality in progressing,
Security not started.

It’s been a over one year, the only passed is Eligibility. Anyone who in the same boat?

And do you guys see IRCC will progress April application next?

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020

Eligibility passed,
Security not started.

It’s been a over one year, the only passed is Eligibility. Anyone who in the same boat?

AOR Mar 25
medical: expired
eligibility: in progress
crim: in progress
security: not started

according to my gcms notes my file has not been touched since July 7

Reactions: sweta soni

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020

Eligibility passed,
Security not started.

April?