+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Under the immigration law there is nothing as inland and outland. This is just the processing based on your visa office, i.e. after your application is approved, if you are in Canada, you will be sent a COPR by email, if you are outside Canada you will be asked to submit your passport.

Irrespective of whether you are in Canada or not, your PR application will continue to progress.

If you have change your country of residence, you should inform IRCC and update your address so that your PPR can be sent with instructions to submit your passport to your LVO.

If you do not update your address, and instead get a COPR, then you will have to apply for a PRTD, which again will take 60-90 days and will cost.

So if you do not intend going to Canada anytime soon, update your address.
@legalfalcon - Thank you and appreciate for sharing the information. Is there any information regarding same on the website anywhere in your knowledge?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: PK14

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am in same situation. These days BOWP are coming through in 4-6 weeks.
1. So if I apply for my BOWP and on the same file apply for SOWP for my wife then that means her SOWP has more chance of being processed quicker?
2. Will they give result together? or they can approve BOWP and hold or reject SOWP?
3. If they are processed different then how much delay can we expect for SOWP.
4. What are the chances of getting approved given the current circumstances?
5. My wife is in India. Can she travel on SOWP right now? with AL. Have you observed any current scenario.

@legalfalcon Thanks a ton for your help and guidance here. We really do appreciate your efforts.

1. No, SOPW cannot be processed before BOWP. The SOWP is dependent on the spouse, i.e. you having a WP.

2. In most cases they will be done together.

3. There is no delay, as soon as the BOWP is processed, the SOWP will be processed, as the critters for SOPW is the spouse having an WP.

4. It depends on your application. No one can predict chances. If your PR application has passed R10, then you have a right t ask for BOWP give that you meet the criteria.

5. As an immediate family member your spouse can travel. SOWP is not a visa it is a permit. If you apply for SOWP from within Canada, your spouse has to be in Canada and you will only get a permit. If you apply for SOWP form outside Canada, you will be issued a VISA and permit.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
@legalfalcon - Thank you and appreciate for sharing the information. Is there any information regarding same on the website anywhere in your knowledge?
One thing more. Sorry if this seems too simple but I am confused in this a little.

1. I am applying for my own BOWP under new public policy. Application is from me and for myself. So In the same application I can apply for my wife's BOWP. (Same application Number) Wouldn't that be, I am applying for her. Or she has to apply on her own or something.

2. Does she need an upfront medical with this application?

I am sorry, help me understand how this work. @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
One thing more. Sorry if this seems too simple but I am confused in this a little.

1. I am applying for my own BOWP under new public policy. Application is from me and for myself. So In the same application I can apply for my wife's BOWP. (Same application Number) Wouldn't that be, I am applying for her. Or she has to apply on her own or something.

2. Does she need an upfront medical with this application?

I am sorry, help me understand how this work. @legalfalcon
BOWP is only for the PA and not the dependent spouse. The dependent spouse will have to apply for a SOWP. So you can apply for both BOWP and SOWP together. SOWP does not need medicals if you are inland and are extending the SOWP.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
BOWP is only for the PA and not the dependent spouse. The dependent spouse will have to apply for a SOWP. So you can apply for both BOWP and SOWP together. SOWP does not need medicals if you are inland and are extending the SOWP.
So when I apply for my BOWP and during that I select an option to apply for my wife's SOWP in the same case file? and upload all the documents they ask. TRUE? and we have same application number.

(Its her first time application for SOWP and we never applied for her work permit)

She is an outland secondary applicant on CEC file. She is still in India and never visited Canada. Still no medical right?

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Our medical was conducted on the 4th of February, 2020 so it stands expired as of now but prior to replying to you, I checked that the IRCC website says, "You do not need a medical exam. We will message you if this changes."
Did the change in medical status come with email notification or did you have to login to your portal to see this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So when I apply for my BOWP and during that I select an option to apply for my wife's SOWP in the same case file? and upload all the documents they ask. TRUE? and we have same application number.

(Its her first time application for SOWP and we never applied for her work permit)

She is an outland secondary applicant on CEC file. She is still in India and never visited Canada. Still no medical right?
Your spouse will have to file a separate application. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/work-permit-types.html

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Thanks a lot for your help.
So should I wait to apply for her SOWP until my BOWP is approved. Otherwise wouldn't the officer see that ok PA's WP is expiring in 2-3 months, we cant give SOWP to his wife.
Or it is still ok to apply both the same day and put the details in LOE ?

this last question will get me going. Thanks again.
Wife Outland.

@legalfalcon

Feb 20, 2021
Tomorrow, March 20, 2021, will mark my one-year PR (CEC) application "anniversary".

Not a peep from IRCC.

My inquiry to the local Member of Parliament's office was met with acknowledgment and sympathy without garnering any meaningful result.

Government agencies are playing "pass the ball" and any and all accountability is denied.

Your thoughts?

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Tomorrow, March 20, 2021, will mark my one-year PR (CEC) application "anniversary".

Not a peep from IRCC.

My inquiry to the local Member of Parliament's office was met with acknowledgment and sympathy without garnering any meaningful result.

Government agencies are playing "pass the ball" and any and all accountability is denied.

Your thoughts?
I sent an email to my MP on March 2. Received an automated acknowledgment email on the same day. Other than that, no response yet.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019

Not a peep from IRCC.

Your thoughts?
Its the same with me. My local MP also just got me the status of my shipment which I could have received through a webform myself.

Its pretty clear now that no one can do anything except just wait.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Not like there's a shortage of these here...but this is going to be a rant post. Although it's redundant at this point and complaining here will not solve any problems, I needed to off-load this somewhere.

AOR 2 March 2020. Originally applied as FSW-O, but came to Canada late last year on a closed work permit and now my dependents are also here with me. All stages have been passed and GCMS notes reflect "Final: Approved" since January 2021. I can even see a COPR number assigned to me in the "Finalize Application" section of the GCMS notes and I'm not in the "COVID RFV" group. We've literally just been waiting to receive our COPRs for the last 2 months now.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of this unreasonably long wait and it's starting to take a toll on my mental health. If all the stages were passed and the application was "approved" in January, and all applicants (myself and my dependents) are currently in Canada, why must it take so long to be given the COPRs??? It's one thing to have the stages (criminality, security, etc.) taking longer than usual due to COVID-19, but here we have a case where the only thing left is for the final communication to be sent from the IRCC and it's taking forever. If it was a situation where we were still outland and the IRCC's policy decision was to freeze the issuance of COPRs for individuals outside of Canada during COVID-19 (thus leaving us stuck without the PR for some time), I would probably understand. However, it's irritating to know that the application has already been approved, COPR numbers have been assigned, we are all in Canada and we still can't get our PR finalized yet.

It has been over a year since receiving an AOR and still no PR, even despite having the biometrics completed and medicals passed very quickly (within 2 weeks of receiving the AOR). I'm currently in a full-time, permanent job and my income falls under a relatively high tax bracket. I'm paying plenty dues to this Government and trying to raise a family in this reputable first-world country. What do I get in return from the IRCC keeping me in a "temporary" status?

1. Banks will only issue a secured credit card to me, with relatively low credit limits
2. I'm being declined for financing/leasing of a car, even despite having built a decent credit score already and being easily able to afford it
3. It was a challenge to even convince a landlord to rent an apartment to us
4. We can't qualify for certain Government benefits, especially for our child
5. I can't open an RESP for our child (no permanent SINs)
6. Notwithstanding all the above, I'm generally just seen/treated as a "temporary outsider"

I've sent dozens of Webforms by now, and of course I'm given the same generic response every single time about "processing times during the pandemic". Frankly, COVID-19 has been impacting Canada for over a year and that is more than enough time to adjust the operations accordingly. Do whatever it takes; I simply cannot fathom this COVID-19 excuse anymore. COVID-19 should not be an excuse for a significant Government directive as this to have fallen so far behind. How long will this continue?

On one hand, we individuals with AORs from early 2020 are met with significant delays and excuses from the IRCC, and on the other hand, they're finalizing CEC applications submitted way after our AORs and also inviting 27,000 people to apply in a single draw? Seriously??? I'm happy for the CEC candidates, but at the same time, this is just unfair and disrespectful to us in the FSW and other streams. Why not clear the backlog first, before adding more to the workload that you claim is already imploding?

I'm trying to hang in there and patiently wait my turn to get the PR, but it's really getting harder with every day that passes.

Hoping everyone here gets their PR soon. Kudos to you all for maintaining your patience.
Your frustration is very understandable. I would be livid too. Did you make sure your new address is updated on your application? Check the GCMS file.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Not like there's a shortage of these here...but this is going to be a rant post. Although it's redundant at this point and complaining here will not solve any problems, I needed to off-load this somewhere.

AOR 2 March 2020. Originally applied as FSW-O, but came to Canada late last year on a closed work permit and now my dependents are also here with me. All stages have been passed and GCMS notes reflect "Final: Approved" since January 2021. I can even see a COPR number assigned to me in the "Finalize Application" section of the GCMS notes and I'm not in the "COVID RFV" group. We've literally just been waiting to receive our COPRs for the last 2 months now.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of this unreasonably long wait and it's starting to take a toll on my mental health. If all the stages were passed and the application was "approved" in January, and all applicants (myself and my dependents) are currently in Canada, why must it take so long to be given the COPRs??? It's one thing to have the stages (criminality, security, etc.) taking longer than usual due to COVID-19, but here we have a case where the only thing left is for the final communication to be sent from the IRCC and it's taking forever. If it was a situation where we were still outland and the IRCC's policy decision was to freeze the issuance of COPRs for individuals outside of Canada during COVID-19 (thus leaving us stuck without the PR for some time), I would probably understand. However, it's irritating to know that the application has already been approved, COPR numbers have been assigned, we are all in Canada and we still can't get our PR finalized yet.

It has been over a year since receiving an AOR and still no PR, even despite having the biometrics completed and medicals passed very quickly (within 2 weeks of receiving the AOR). I'm currently in a full-time, permanent job and my income falls under a relatively high tax bracket. I'm paying plenty dues to this Government and trying to raise a family in this reputable first-world country. What do I get in return from the IRCC keeping me in a "temporary" status?

1. Banks will only issue a secured credit card to me, with relatively low credit limits
2. I'm being declined for financing/leasing of a car, even despite having built a decent credit score already and being easily able to afford it
3. It was a challenge to even convince a landlord to rent an apartment to us
4. We can't qualify for certain Government benefits, especially for our child
5. I can't open an RESP for our child (no permanent SINs)
6. Notwithstanding all the above, I'm generally just seen/treated as a "temporary outsider"

I've sent dozens of Webforms by now, and of course I'm given the same generic response every single time about "processing times during the pandemic". Frankly, COVID-19 has been impacting Canada for over a year and that is more than enough time to adjust the operations accordingly. Do whatever it takes; I simply cannot fathom this COVID-19 excuse anymore. COVID-19 should not be an excuse for a significant Government directive as this to have fallen so far behind. How long will this continue?

On one hand, we individuals with AORs from early 2020 are met with significant delays and excuses from the IRCC, and on the other hand, they're finalizing CEC applications submitted way after our AORs and also inviting 27,000 people to apply in a single draw? Seriously??? I'm happy for the CEC candidates, but at the same time, this is just unfair and disrespectful to us in the FSW and other streams. Why not clear the backlog first, before adding more to the workload that you claim is already imploding?

I'm trying to hang in there and patiently wait my turn to get the PR, but it's really getting harder with every day that passes.

Hoping everyone here gets their PR soon. Kudos to you all for maintaining your patience.
Sorry if this is a stupid/triggering question but I had the same thought as @nns14 - in the undoubtedly many webforms you've sent them asking for status, have you also told them that you're actually inland now? I mean it's ridiculous that their system doesn't have automation for this kind of thing but your situation sounds totally bizarre and infuriating. If you're here have you called to tell an agent in person that you're actually here and see if they'll put a note on your file as well as confirming an inland address is entered in? Sometimes people share that the agents are kind and do put in a note to the officer. I've no idea if it has any effect in reality on getting it seen by an officer before they choose to touch your file themselves, but worth a shot?