+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

ypalkar

Oct 5, 2020
What is happening in Ottawa VO?

AOR 20 March 2020
Only eligibility passed..

Anyone here with Ottawa VO with same time line?

So frustrating, October AOR applicant getting COPR...
Yes I have same time line as you and same VO. But for mty case Criminality is pending because my biometrics are not verified by officer

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I more option I think is to raise our views on https://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-national-news/newsbreaker

A lot of CEC Inland applicants who applied between January - May 2020 are still waiting for Decision Made which was only hold for Biometrics due to service Canada closure while many applicants from June and above have already had their Decision Made. Why is this inconsistency / Injustice?

Note : Now, all the Canadian Experience Class applicant have provided Biometrics by Nov 2020 but still officer are not looking into while providing decision to the files which are submitted after July 2020 .
I asked the agent this question and their response is every application is different so it depends on the complexity of application which I think is BS.

vikas2019

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

I live in British Columbia since Sept 2019 and currently working on a work permit. I applied for my express entry PR back in early March 2020 (had BC PNP too), and it's almost 11 months since then, but I've still not got the PR. I checked with my company's immigration consultant team, and I get very standard unhelpful responses that the application is in progress and we do not know the expected processing time due to COVID. On further probing them about the status, I found it's in the background verification stage since October. It's more than 3 months in that stage and still not yet completed. I've called the IRCC folks to know more, but it gets disconnected after the automated status with a message that we cannot support the high call volume due to COVID. I also submitted an inquiry request to IRCC via Web form, but it's been a week and not received any response.

I wanted to check if anyone else applied their PR around a similar timeframe and has experienced similar delays? I'm wondering if it is getting delayed for all of the PR applications or if my application is missing something? Checking if folks have any ideas or suggestions to help expedite it?

babyhip

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

I live in British Columbia since Sept 2019 and currently working on a work permit. I applied for my express entry PR back in early March 2020 (had BC PNP too), and it's almost 11 months since then, but I've still not got the PR. I checked with my company's immigration consultant team, and I get very standard unhelpful responses that the application is in progress and we do not know the expected processing time due to COVID. On further probing them about the status, I found it's in the background verification stage since October. It's more than 3 months in that stage and still not yet completed. I've called the IRCC folks to know more, but it gets disconnected after the automated status with a message that we cannot support the high call volume due to COVID. I also submitted an inquiry request to IRCC via Web form, but it's been a week and not received any response.

I wanted to check if anyone else applied their PR around a similar timeframe and has experienced similar delays? I'm wondering if it is getting delayed for all of the PR applications or if my application is missing something? Checking if folks have any ideas or suggestions to help expedite it?
Don't worry. I'm exactly same situation with you. BC PNP + EE, AOR: march 2020. criminality in progress, security not started. endless waiting, with many others like us.

rmalik29

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
I
Hi,

I am in a similar situation as well. Same timeline and I am in BC too.

babyhip

Jan 28, 2021
I believe that most applicants of Jan-May 2020 AOR should act together, collect evidence and file a class action lawsuit towards IRCC (after we have received our PR in the future), and we shall request IRCC to pay compensation for our loss of time and pause of life because of their irresponsible management and unfair processing rules.
The compensation itself does not mean much to us, but it's an action to remind all Canadian gov departments that they need to treat all applicants fairly in all time, otherwise someone will be watching them.
If we don't take any serious action after being treated like this, the same thing will happen again & again towards our children and grandchildren in the future (and our parents too if they plan to join you in this country)
Like this post if you are interested in this idea. or provide any feedback if you have related law knowledge/experience. Thanks

btw: I'm currently living in BC, and if I can collect 30 likes in this post, I will contact a lawyer to get some initial information about how to push this through.

Update:
30 likes collected. I will start contacting lawyer in coming weeks

Last edited:

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
I more option I think is to raise our views on https://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-national-news/newsbreaker

A lot of CEC Inland applicants who applied between January - May 2020 are still waiting for Decision Made which was only hold for Biometrics due to service Canada closure while many applicants from June and above have already had their Decision Made. Why is this inconsistency / Injustice?

Note : Now, all the Canadian Experience Class applicant have provided Biometrics by Nov 2020 but still officer are not looking into while providing decision to the files which are submitted after July 2020 .
Short answer to your questions: The reason is to make the statistics look better.

The application submitted between Jan - May 2020 are anyway delayed due to biometrics or other reasons. However the processing time frame for the cases submitted during the second half of 2020 are still able to be rescued to make them processed within or close to 6 months. Note that the 6 month processing time starts counting from the time the completeness check is finished (approximately when you receive your BIL & medical pass info).

Reactions: ForUs2020

vikas2019

Jan 28, 2021
This is seriously insane...I moved from US to Canada to have the stability and PR but stuck in this never ending processing. I heard some folks getting COPR even after applying in Sept or October. Is there anything we can ask from IRCC to get more details about our application?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
This is seriously insane...I moved from US to Canada to have the stability and PR but stuck in this never ending processing. I heard some folks getting COPR even after applying in Sept or October. Is there anything we can ask from IRCC to get more details about our application?
US green card can take 7-8 years waiting, some people even waited for more than a decade, but nobody complained about it.

The delay of Canada PR is just a few months or at most, 1-2 years, and it's due to the special emergency situation of COVID19. Unfortunately there are so many barking on this forum. I would suggest these people who think that Canada PR doesn't worth waiting for a year or two to move to the US in order to have a better experience of their life :)

brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Don't worry. I'm exactly same situation with you. BC PNP + EE, AOR: march 2020. criminality in progress, security not started. endless waiting, with many others like us.
I am almost in the same boat. I don’t think so we will get PR this year. I decided to renew my TRV.
Did you guys got the BOWP? I got it and it will expire in 2023. I heard that BOWP validity max upto one year but in my case i got for almost 2.5 years

babyhip

Jan 28, 2021
Latest news: someone with AOR of Nov 2020 has received COPR

babyhip

Jan 28, 2021
US green card can take 7-8 years waiting, some people even waited for more than a decade, but nobody complained about it.

The delay of Canada PR is just a few months or at most, 1-2 years, and it's due to the special emergency situation of COVID19. Unfortunately there are so many barking on this forum. I would suggest these people who think that Canada PR doesn't worth waiting for a year or two to move to the US in order to have a better experience of their life :)
the key part is unfairness. not about how long to wait.
if everyone has to wait for the equal amount of 10 years, no one will bark a thing here.

abhi77

Dec 27, 2018
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
same here.. moved to Canada from US in Dec 2018 and now stuck due to IRCC mismanagement...
having 2nd thoughts now on my decision to move to Canada!!