+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

delta1

Jan 26, 2021
Update from today's IRCC call, application is Approved, agent mentioned only pending thing for now is COPR.
Congratulations...... Even my timeline is similar to yours
AOR - 18 March 2020
Eligibility - passed
Bio - 1 October
criminality - passed
Security - not started
I am not sure why it has not started as i don't have any travel history apart from my home country. I did a flagpoling for my work permit at the border. As @legalfalcon had mentioned in earlier posts that the eligibility needs to pass conclusively which i have confirmed with the agents thrice and they said it is passed. Also i have ordered GCMS as it may give some more info. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: akcjay

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Congratulations...... Even my timeline is similar to yours
AOR - 18 March 2020
Eligibility - passed
Bio - 1 October
criminality - passed
Security - not started
I am not sure why it has not started as i don't have any travel history apart from my home country. I did a flagpoling for my work permit at the border. As @legalfalcon had mentioned in earlier posts that the eligibility needs to pass conclusively which i have confirmed with the agents thrice and they said it is passed. Also i have ordered GCMS as it may give some more info. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Currently there are delays in general and if your security is not started even after the eligibility is conclusively passed, it could be because IRCC has not yet sent a request for security screening or if it has been sent, it has not yet been initiated.

All requests for Security screening have to be sent. After security screening is asked, it takes 110 days to complete, unless your application is under comprehensive screening.

To read in detail on the security screening, how it is done, and who all is involved, see https://bit.ly/2Yep4YE

Reactions: Annie.1011

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Can someone please give me info on how to get my GCMS notes from inside Canada? Is there a site that most people use or that alot of the people here can vouch for?

Is there a difference between ordering for GCMS notes through CBSA compared to ordering through IRCC? Is it still faster to get a response through CBSA?

Does ordering GCMS notes affect my application in way? Is it a simple process or should I get my lawyer to do it for me?

@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can someone please give me info on how to get my GCMS notes from inside Canada? Is there a site that most people use or that alot of the people here can vouch for?

Is there a difference between ordering for GCMS notes through CBSA compared to ordering through IRCC? Is it still faster to get a response through CBSA?

Does ordering GCMS notes affect my application in way? Is it a simple process or should I get my lawyer to do it for me?

@legalfalcon

If you are in Canada, you can request your own GCMS notes from IRCC through the official site at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Te GCMS notes from IRCC and CBSA are the same, except the redactions may be different as per the agency. Also, requesting GCMS notes from IRCC is use simpler, as you only have to select the right option, where as for CBSA you have to precisely enter what you want.

IRCC was experiencing delays in October-November, now most notes are being released within 30-40 days.

Also, when you request you own notes, you can request them for free under the Privacy Act. If you have any family members as dependents in the application, make sure you get the consent form signed from them, of else their info will be redacted.

The consent form can be found at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

Alternatively, you can also ask your lawyer, if he is wiling.

Saradeen+

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I have called IRCC yesterday and They are still saying Criminality is in progress. This is the same response i got when i called in November. I dont think it takes 3 months for them to check my criminality. It is so frustrating that they don't even touch our files. They are just trying to avoid questions by saying we dont have enough staff and due to covid it is slowing down process bla bla bla. Same script all time.
Same here!!. I am a nurse working on the Frontlin!!. I don't think if I have criminal background I would be able to practice here!. Still waiting!! March 28,202

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

@legalfalcon
Here is how to request Gcms Notes for free https://bit.ly/34KNSLI

Also see a detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: dextro590

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
What is happening in Ottawa VO?

AOR 20 March 2020
Only eligibility passed..

Anyone here with Ottawa VO with same time line?

So frustrating, October AOR applicant getting COPR...

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Thanks ... Found it

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 1
Created date: 2020/10/14
Document: Counterfoil / Vignette
Valid To: 2021/03/01

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 2
Created date: 2020/10/14
Document: COPR / CRP
Valid To: 2021/03/01

If these lines represent them issuing the COPR on 14/10/2020 then why not just send it across ?!

I believe due to COVID restrictions they are withholding issuing COPR since there is a possibility it will expire and they will have to go through the process of reissuing COPRs again.

Reactions: guelphite

bluesparrow

Oct 9, 2020
Tbh, I don’t care much at this point. I entered all of the information including UCI and my name.

My situation is the following: my wife and I have a lil baby in our hands and there’s an ongoing global pandemic. All this IRCC nonsense made me doubt if I should stay in the country at all. This treatment of professionals who came here and put a decent amount of trust in the system, worked their ass off and have been patiently waiting is a bad look from any angle. I submitted a complaint that expressed my frustration with the unjust treatment of applicants with AOR received in March 2020 such as myself. I sent a letter to the IRCC Minister and received nothing but an automated reply. Having some intern reply to our emails would be a low-hanging fruit but apparently it’s not in the cards either.

I’m a software dev, COVID has never stopped my work. CIC is a web app and all of the docs are digital, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to go through applications all this time. It’s straightforward even when you think about the security implications of WFH. It’s ridiculous.

Leaving the country, breaking the lease, spending a decent amount of money on flights/hotels, risking my family health and going back to our home country would create a shitton of problems and would put our lives at risk as that part of the world doesn’t follow any strict guidelines. I had four distant relatives die in the last six months because of COVID. So, I’m pretty much looking at the last possible actions here to expedite the process.

I know that I can apply for BOWP in a couple of months but it’s stressful knowing that all of it is in the limbo. I’ve been staring at CIC status page for far too long now and totally gave up after I saw their update on Jan 19th.
Spot on. CIC portal is online and the staff can work from home, there is no point in delaying the applications. Its just that they are lazy and incompetent and are hiding under the cover of COVID.

Reactions: rmalik29

Black hawk

Jan 27, 2021
What is happening in Ottawa VO?

AOR 20 March 2020
Only eligibility passed..

Anyone here with Ottawa VO with same time line?

So frustrating, October AOR applicant getting COPR...

Yeah so so frustrating. I guess is due to the lock down.

AOR: 17th March.
Medicals: 25th February
Biometrics: June 15
COR: Nigeria

The last time I ordered a gcms notes was in September which indicated everything was passed and the final decision was approved. It's been 4 months now no COPR.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon My medical expires Feb 24. I have already applied for BOWP and used the same medical I used for PR application because the BOWP questionnaire asked if I had done an IRCC medical a medical within the last 12 months. Come February 24, How will I know whether the medical is extended for each application or if I need to do a new medical? To be proactive, should I just book a medical exam and just have it on hand so that I will be prepared for anything? I am not sure I can do medical without IRCC requesting one though. Please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon My medical expires Feb 24. I have already applied for BOWP and used the same medical I used for PR application because the BOWP questionnaire asked if I had done an IRCC medical a medical within the last 12 months. Come February 24, How will I know whether the medical is extended for each application or if I need to do a new medical? To be proactive, should I just book a medical exam and just have it on hand so that I will be prepared for anything? I am not sure I can do medical without IRCC requesting one though. Please advise.

For the BOWP, you do not need a new medical, only your medicals have to be valid when you apply. As regards your PR application, if your meds re about to expire or have expired they will be sent for reassessment to the IRCC health branch, who will make a determination on whether to extend them or to ask for re-med.

When your meds have been extended, it will be reflected on your MyCIC account and you can also see them in your GCMS notes. Alternatively, you can know about the extension by calling IRCC or via webform.

Reactions: Bruno1808

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
I gave biometrics on october 15th. It showed up in the portal for me the same day. But it was about a month I think before the call centre agent could tell me that a Notes entry was in acknowledging that they're on file pending review from an officer. Then it took until december 9th for an officer to go in, look at it, and close criminality. It was the first movement on the file since july.
I don't know what is going on, mine is updated on my profile but as per IRCC agent it has not been verified by the officer yet.

• Wow
Reactions: ForUs2020