Nov 5, 2020
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hi guys, I have some questions, I am on a work permit and it's going on expired on 27 January 2021, I've applied for PR on 10th March but still waiting for COPR. I have to go back home for the wedding. December 1 was my marriage date but because my application hasn't been approved so I had to change plans.:(
1. If I go outside of the country and I get COPR then Will I be able to come back on COPR?
2. If I go outside of the country and I don't get COPR before I come back then Will I be able to enter Canada as my current work permit is going to expire on 27th January, so I have to come back before 27th and have to apply for bridging work permit?
3. If I apply for a bridging work permit then can I go out of the country on the implied status and come back to Canada?

Thanks.
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes please help me.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi guys, I have some questions, I am on a work permit and it's going on expired on 27 January 2021, I've applied for PR on 10th March but still waiting for COPR. I have to go back home for the wedding. December 1 was my marriage date but because my application hasn't been approved so I had to change plans.:(
1. If I go outside of the country and I get COPR then Will I be able to come back on COPR?
2. If I go outside of the country and I don't get COPR before I come back then Will I be able to enter Canada as my current work permit is going to expire on 27th January, so I have to come back before 27th and have to apply for bridging work permit?
3. If I apply for a bridging work permit then can I go out of the country on the implied status and come back to Canada?

Thanks.
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes please help me.
I am more or less in the same boat. Only difference I am married already and my wife is secondary applicant on the file. When is the safest to leave. Just when they confirm COPR or before that.

Mintyads

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Guys,

CEC INLAND APPLICANT
AOR: 19th March 2020
Medical Passed: 12th May 2020
Biometrics Exempted: 15th October 2020
Still awaiting COPR.
I had claimed points for employment in Canada with my current work permit during my EOI. The company I am employed with has asked me to resign due to the COVID situation as there are no new projects they can assign me to. Will this affect my application can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
It has been more than 7 months now since my AOR, and my file (PNP-inland) has not been seen by an officer yet. My last note is from July by an agent (review required for the eligibility).
There are different groups
  1. Everything is completed, just waiting for the final approval
  2. Eligibility passed, mainly waiting for the security
In my situation, even my eligibility was not reviewed by an officer in 7 months. No officer's touch at all, except registering my biometrics.

Are they any others in the group who are in the same situation?

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

CEC INLAND APPLICANT
AOR: 19th March 2020
Medical Passed: 12th May 2020
Biometrics Exempted: 15th October 2020
Still awaiting COPR.
I had claimed points for employment in Canada with my current work permit during my EOI. The company I am employed with has asked me to resign due to the COVID situation as there are no new projects they can assign me to. Will this affect my application can anyone help with this?

Thanks.
Do you have BOWP?

brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
It has been more than 7 months now since my AOR, and my file (PNP-inland) has not been seen by an officer yet. My last note is from July by an agent (review required for the eligibility).
There are different groups
  1. Everything is completed, just waiting for the final approval
  2. Eligibility passed, mainly waiting for the security
In my situation, even my eligibility was not reviewed by an officer in 7 months. No officer's touch at all, except registering my biometrics.

Are they any others in the group who are in the same situation?
I am in the same situation, they literally fucked PNP-Inland candidates, in the current situation, I cannot do anything. I want to travel but i am stuck due to PR and don’t know when will they issue COPR

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
does this mean COPR is close?
It is certainly closer than before. In theory, from what I gathered (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong), the officer normally sends the medicals for extension at the latter stages of the application. But there are a few folks here (me included) who got an extension and no COPR yet. So we wait...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hey Guys, I got a ghost update yesterday... but I'm very confused about what it means.

My review of additional documents changed to:
  • November 30, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
But I didn't upload or was asked to upload anything since July, and the officer had told me that I had already passed on eligibility and background check last week... Here's my full timeline:

CEC inland
ITA: March 24
AOR: March 26
MEP: May 26
ADR (Military records): July 06
ADR uploaded: July 08
GU: July 09 (Review of additional documents changed to Not applicable
Biometrics Done: Oct 22th
Medical expired: Oct 25th
Biometrics updated on File: Oct 31th
GU: Nov 6th
Medical passed (Wasn't asked to do a new one, it extended automatically): Nov 20th
Called officer Nov 23rd, he said I passed the background check. Eligibility has been passed since July.
GU Nov 30th: Review of additional documents changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

Exactly same thing happened with me even though i havent uploaded any new documents! strange stuff going on...

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Exactly same thing happened with me even though i havent uploaded any new documents! strange stuff going on...
Well.. if anything, knowing that the same thing happened to someone else who has approximately the same timeline as me, makes me a little more hopeful. Let me know if you have any news.

Out of curiosity, did you ever have your medicals extended?

ypalkar

Oct 5, 2020
which office? I am the same stuck at Etobicoke office. Almost 9 months
I am at Ottawa office. Agent said that biometrics are updated on profile but someone needs to validate them and update on file. it will kick off criminality. waiting in this state since October-15