+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I also suspect this! I’m FSW inland and I’ve travelled to the US about three times since I came to Canada. My GCMS note shows that info sharing partner is the US and they put it as ‘not urgent’.
I’m tired of waiting and I’m getting frustrated.
I've never been to the US, but there was a note saying that USA has cameback as complete for info sharing.

Reactions: EstherNnnanna

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
IRCC's explanation is that they don't have enough staff to process existing applications in time, but they are fine with taking in record number of new applications.

I don't think anything will happen unless we voice our concern to IRCC. Calls and web forms won't do, rather tweet to IRCC and https://twitter.com/marcomendicino to speed up process for old applications.
Not trying to take IRCC's side here, but even before COVID i had friends who gotten their PRs in 4 months others in 6 to 8 months. So I think it all depends on your case: nationality? Countries you lived in? how many countries you travelled? Number of dependents...etc.

When I phone IRCC and ask the agents why people with AORs after me are getting their COPRs, that's what they usually tell me. each case is different. I think what they need to do is update their Estimated Processing Times to be more accurate than just saying it's 6 months for 80% of people.

There is a good post by legal Falcon showing processing times for 2016 to 2019 and how processing times have been increasing. Not sure how much COVID adds to 2019, but it's definitely more than 6 months for the whole application.

Reactions: Twee

Rohan88g

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I also suspect this! I’m FSW inland and I’ve travelled to the US about three times since I came to Canada. My GCMS note shows that info sharing partner is the US and they put it as ‘not urgent’.
I’m tired of waiting and I’m getting frustrated.
I have been to USA at-least 10 to 15 times and my criminality is passed and info sharing complete.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
After an eternal wait in Buenos Aires, we got an amazing email today:

"Dear costumer,

We are contacting you on behalf of the Visa Application Center for Canada in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

We are pleased to inform you that we will resume biometrics taking starting next week. Kindly visit our website to schedule your appointment and to obtain further information: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/argentina/

Should you have any further concerns, please let us know.

Many thanks."

We have booked our appointments (2 applicants, my wife and I) for next Tuesday, Dec. 1st, 2020 at *mmmh* 8:45 am!!!

usa2canada2021

Nov 11, 2020
Hi @Invincible84 / @legalfalcon / Guys,

My COPR and PRV were issued in October/2020 and it expires in February/2021. I am currently in USA, so I am exempt from ban.
But, currently I am not willing to move to Canada right now because of on going COVID and cases on the rise in USA and Canada. So I tweeted IRCC asking for extension of my COPR and PRV.
IRCC replied back saying to check below link for latest up-to-date information regarding approved COPR.
So when I checked the below link, it says that we don't need to inform IRCC if we are not ready to move to Canada currently.
So I think that I don't need to worry about informing IRCC for now. And when I am ready to move to Canada in summer, then I can fill out web form and ask IRCC to extend COPR and PRV.

What do you guys think?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Last edited:

JagSidhu91

Oct 7, 2019
Not trying to take IRCC's side here, but even before COVID i had friends who gotten their PRs in 4 months others in 6 to 8 months. So I think it all depends on your case: nationality? Countries you lived in? how many countries you travelled? Number of dependents...etc.

When I phone IRCC and ask the agents why people with AORs after me are getting their COPRs, that's what they usually tell me. each case is different. I think what they need to do is update their Estimated Processing Times to be more accurate than just saying it's 6 months for 80% of people.

There is a good post by legal Falcon showing processing times for 2016 to 2019 and how processing times have been increasing. Not sure how much COVID adds to 2019, but it's definitely more than 6 months for the whole application.
Well IRCC always hide behind this explanation that "each case is different". I don't see how such a large number cases can be different. They don't ask for additional documents or interviews. I see posts regularly from people who even have everything approved but final decision not made, or CoPR not issued. Then there are some files just sitting idle, they haven't even started certain steps for them.

IRCC fail to explain how case with similar background are so different, that some take 3 months to process and majority other take time in year(s)

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Friends, delighted to share that I got COPR today.

CEC Inland
AOR: Mar 19,2020
COPR : Nov 24, 2020

Happy to answer any questions.
Did you receive any email or call for COPR? I have application approved and document number is already generated but still waiting official COPR letter and further instructions.