+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I ordered for my GCMS notes October 13 and on Nov 9th I got this message:

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on October 13, 2020, for the following records: The electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXXX. I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. Considering the extension, your request is now due on January 11, 2021 Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

My AoR is March 13, 2020. I have no clue what is going on with my application. Last two webform responses have been generic. Should I be worried? Thanks
I'm still waiting for my GCMS notes (day 44) but I got an update via web form:

We verified the information on the file of XXXXX and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements are passed.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
@legalfalcon I guess 'passed' and 'valid' mean the same thing?

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I'm still waiting for my GCMS notes (day 44) but I got an update via web form:

We verified the information on the file of XXXXX and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements are passed.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
@legalfalcon I guess 'passed' and 'valid' mean the same thing?
Some Gcms Notes are taking longer than usual to come through; the delays are not across the board. If you have not received a time extension letter about your Gcms Notes then you should follow up with IRCC. Also for future reference Gcms Notes can also be obtained from CBSA and there are less chances of delays with them.

If the web form response states that a processing stage is currently valid, then “valid” means as follows; “For a document—legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC” and no further input is needed by the applicant. More often than not Valid can be interpreted as Passed. Your Eligibility is passed for sure as security screening is either underway or passed.

Reactions: D-star

EECandidate20

Jan 26, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just received a reply from a webform asking about the status of my application. I got the following reply
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
What do they mean exactly by background verifications? Isn't the background verification the same as security + criminality? I know from previous webforms and GCMS notes that elegibility is passed.

My timeline is
AOR March 1st, FSW-inland
Medical passed March 9th
Biometrics exempted October 15th

@legalfalcon

Last edited:
Reactions: SVSD

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
Trying to do the math here: 6 month (regular process) + 6 month of covid = reasonable timeline is March 2021. Sad but true. Does it make sense?
I hope it does make sense like extremely upto that point. That is the time period I am thinking would be maximum for the processing.

puneet kanda

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Friends, delighted to share that I got COPR today.

CEC Inland
AOR: Mar 19,2020
COPR : Nov 24, 2020

Happy to answer any questions.
First of all congratulations!!!
Can I ask if you don’t mind were you bio exempt? If you provide them bio when did you provide your bio. When did your background pass on portal and did you receive and email regarding copr or your file got approved in portal first. Thank you

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Some Gcms Notes are taking longer than usual to come through; the delays are not across the board. If you have not received a time extension letter about your Gcms Notes then you should follow up with IRCC. Also for future reference Gcms Notes can also be obtained from CBSA and there are less chances of delays with them.

If the web form response states that a processing stage is currently valid, then “valid” means as follows; “For a document—legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC” and no further input is needed by the applicant. More often than not Valid can be interpreted as Passed. Your Eligibility is passed for sure as security screening is either underway or passed.
Thank you!