+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

ssp4194

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Aor 26 aug 2020 CEC INLAND - calgary
I am Principal applicant along with spouse (in canada)

Me and My husband give biometrics in 30 dec 2019 and it is showing in my application.

33% completed
Eligibility: we are reviewing weather you met eligibility requirements
Medical: passed 8 oct 2020
Backgroud check: we are processing your BC. We will send you message if this changes.
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints.We will send you message if this changes.
Additional documents: we do not need Additional docs.We will send you message if this changes.
Final decision : In progress.We will send you message if this changes.

I never check any status before. So i don't know what changes before.
Could anyone tell how long its gonna take and on which stage i am on?
Based on your application status, it seems they are checking eligibility requirements. You can also order GCMS notes for more details. But i would sugegst you to order it after 2-3 weeks as you just submitted application in August, 2020.

Reactions: Ravz@

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
outlander..............Aor 16 March 2020. Biometrics done June18... stream pnp through EE .. PPR 16 October .. no additional documents required. Sent passport already to VAC SYDNEY Australia no idea how long they will take.. wish you guys all the best...
Hi, could you share your visa deadline once you received your passport back? I have received PPR as well, but not sure how this will be handled. Obviously, when the visa is issued, we will not be able to travel to Canada and I am afraid the COPR will get expired....

Reactions: jule1989

Sukhgillman89

Dec 6, 2019
Hi, could you share your visa deadline once you received your passport back? I have received PPR as well, but not sure how this will be handled. Obviously, when the visa is issued, we will not be able to travel to Canada and I am afraid the COPR will get expired....
I have not received my passport yet but will let you know once received copr letter... as I read on ircc website we might can travel to Canada

Reactions: jule1989

Ramsay123

Aug 12, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon , @caipsnotes ,

first of all really thanks to you guys for being with us, helping and motivating at this hard time.I have a doubt based on my analysis that every category is getting coprs/updates except fsw inlands. I have seen in whatsapp groups, other forums chats and based on that it seems that cpc ottawa might have kept fsw inland applications on hold till they clear fsw-o, cec.

Do you guys think it can happen as nobody from feb , mar aor for fsw inlands has got any updates ( based on people’s responses with whom i am in contact) ? Can we do anything to resolve this situation?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Sukhgillman89

Dec 6, 2019
I have blood relationship with Canadian permanent resident. what you guys think will IRCC give me authorisation to travel on prv Copr ... any expert here ...Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

first of all really thanks to you guys for being with us, helping and motivating at this hard time.I have a doubt based on my analysis that every category is getting coprs/updates except fsw inlands. I have seen in whatsapp groups, other forums chats and based on that it seems that cpc ottawa might have kept fsw inland applications on hold till they clear fsw-o, cec.

Do you guys think it can happen as nobody from feb , mar aor for fsw inlands has got any updates ( based on people’s responses with whom i am in contact) ? Can we do anything to resolve this situation?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

There is nothing you can do to expedite the process. All you can do is send webforms and ask for the updates. Ottawa is currently a red zone due to COVID, that could be a reason for it not issuing any PPRs. CPC-O is currently not issuing any COPR for either inland or outland.

Some applicants have had twitter campaigns, not sure how much it helps or writing to the minister of immigration.

Reactions: Ramsay123

trangvu.cy

Oct 12, 2020
US
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-03-2020
Med's Done....
28-05-2020 Passed
Interview........
Not required
There is nothing you can do to expedite the process. All you can do is send webforms and ask for the updates. Ottawa is currently a red zone due to COVID, that could be a reason for it not issuing any PPRs. CPC-O is currently not issuing any COPR for either inland or outland.

Some applicants have had twitter campaigns, not sure how much it helps or writing to the minister of immigration.
Hi @legalfalcon
Im FSW Outland living in US. Indian citizen & my agent is also based in India.

The profile completed 100% since Sept. 24th and there is no update since then. Background & Eligibility are in progress.

Do you know an estimated time till I hear something back?

Much appreciate it!

akashagr

Jan 27, 2020
Calmness and positivity

While it is great to see applicants from the group get passport requests, calls for biometrics, progress, but the harsh reality is that you are still waiting. This causes even more anxiety and stress, and you may start wondering is there is anything wrong with your application. From fanatically visiting trends, data sheets to asking fellow applicants about their MyCIC status, ordering GCMS notes, calling IRCC and even sending multiple CSEs. The vicious cycle starts.

As time progress and more applicants start getting PPRs, calls for biometrics, ghost updates, and the anxiety and stress only increases.

But, is it worth it?

Definitely not. Many people think that filing an application for immigration with IRCC is akin to filing an application for your passport, driver's license etc. This is the biggest myth.

You should never compare timelines during the immigration process

An immigration application is a complex one, with many variables. No two applicants are the same, even if they may have the same date of birth, similar profiles, and may come from the same country.

Since you have filed your application, you must be aware that many questions are asked on the application, which then have to be supported by documents. This is what makes each application unique, and so does the processing of such applications.

With so many variables, when you compare your application timelines with another applicant, you are comparing apples to oranges. Please remember, immigration is law, and as any lawyer will tell you, no two cases are ever the same.

I have always emphasized and reiterated, instead of being obsessed with timeless, follow the progress by tracking the stages of your application.

R10 (completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

The uniqueness of each application does not stop here, the processing and evaluation of each application are done by humans, who have their own unique personality and way of analyzing. Even though each immigration officer is obligated to follow the law as stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Regulations, and the manuals, by their speed, way they analyze, and their drive, are factors, which again add more variables.

Also, IRCC has many visa offices where applications are processed. Each visa office has different priorities, workloads, and individuals, that once again adds to more variables. Now with COVID, a lot of new protocols have been put in place, and people age getting fatigued, and every one is stressed.

In conclusion, most applications are processed within 6 months or less, and the 6 months processing time starts when your application is assessed as complete (R10). However, as per the recent 2019 annual report, this has not gone up to 8-9 months. Don't be disheartened and stress yourself. If you have filed all your documents, and you meet the criteria, your application will be approved. Just don't stress yourself out. Lead your life as normal, do things that you love and spend time with your family. After you move to Canada, another rat race is waiting for you.

All the best!
well said, Thankyou

axing

Mar 25, 2020
Hi,

I am in FSW- outland category, AOR March 5th, health and biometric given.

I raised up a webform in September, and got the following response:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Then I raised up another one this month, the response was:
  • The eligibility verification is in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
So what is the difference between the two responses in terms of eligibility? Does the eligibility check wait for approval by an officer (but not an assistant) now? Thank you.

Oct 23, 2020
For inland applications with COPR, what's the current method of getting the actual letter? Our online account shows that the COPR documents exist (ie has document numbers, says they're valid) but you can't actually view them. Does this imply they'll be physically mailed?

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
For inland applications with COPR, what's the current method of getting the actual letter? Our online account shows that the COPR documents exist (ie has document numbers, says they're valid) but you can't actually view them. Does this imply they'll be physically mailed?
I know two people who got COPR recently: they got an email from the processing office with instructions to send two passport size photos. It seems they are working on changing that process right according to some members here.

Deeps21

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Can anyone please confirm what is the process after receiving COPR, do we need to submit our passport for that process? My passport is going to expire in Jan 2021. Should I wait for the final decision and then renew the passport or will that impact my PR process if I'll go had for renewal at this time as it takes 1 1/2 months for passport renewal?