Background check in progress

just did my bio last week.

i think i need to just wait now

Reactions: psidhu92

maulin_patel

Apr 9, 2015
Yes. Should be based on dates not random

I think they must be informed

what about the rule IRCC shared ? we should receive calls based on AOR Dates!! Service Canada is calling random people instead of AOR dates. I know people in Mississauga with AOR 20 April got a call while I am waiting for call with 21 Mar AOR. Also 1 guy () in Sudbury got a call to schedule appointment in Brampton that too 20 June AOR, NOT FAIR for people in Brampton with AOR dates of Feb, guys you should All tweet IRCC and tell them what's happening!

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
With the Government of Canada announcing further public health protections at the border, processes are being introduced to support enhanced family reunification, entry for compassionate reasons, and the safe and gradual entry of some international students.

The Government of Canada is deploying additional public health officers to ports of entry and strengthening quarantine monitoring to aid in the fight against the spread of #COVID19.

Certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be eligible to travel to Canada. This includes people in a long-term exclusive relationship and their dependent children, adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents. Detailed information for extended family members, including the process and requirements, will be on the IRCC website on October 8. Travellers should not make any travel plans until this information is available and they’ve received proper authorization.

Foreign nationals travelling for compassionate reasons, such as a life-threatening illness, critical injury or death, will be eligible to enter Canada with limited exemptions from quarantine, subject to the approval of the provincial or territorial government. On October 8, information on how foreign nationals can request entry to Canada with limited exemptions from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons will be available on the Public Health Agency of Canada website.

Updated travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, 2020, to allow the entry of international students to Canada if they will be attending a designated learning institution with a #COVID19 readiness plan approved by their provincial or territorial government.

Reminder that all travellers must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada, unless they’re exempt.

Learn more about upcoming changes to expand exemptions to the travel restrictions for family members and compassionate cases:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html

Reactions: legalfalcon

Waseema16

Mar 3, 2016
Got a call from Service Canada on Oct 1st ,2020.Booked appointment for Oct 2nd, 2020 location:Toronto(Scarborough town centre-Service Canada)
AOR - March 26,2020(Inland-CEC)

Reactions: asdfghj and NOC98

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Did Service Canada Edmonton even start call people?
No Idea man haven’t seen anyone from edmonton getting calls. My AOR is March 13 CEC stuck because of biometrics.
What’s your AOR.?
Hey .. someone got call today in Edmonton Apr is August
I dont know why they dont call people with aor of march or april
It is me that san naam is referring to, I think. I got a Service Canada call in Edmonton AB today—I believe they have just opened. AOR Aug 18. I'm sorry. I don't know why they are not calling in order. Soon for you all, I hope. All the very best.

Reactions: psidhu92

Prxyz12

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hello everyone, been following this group as a non member of the forum, but had a query so this is first time I am posting from my account. Thanks @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes for your help to everyone.

My AOR is March 12th and June 9th MEP.
Recently called the IRCC call center. They said my eligibility is passed.
They also said last update was around mid June probably (didn't hear this properly, could be June end)

Is my eligibility recommended passed (agent) or passed (officer)? Any comments based on just the timeline of events?

Also how positively should I take the update (if) it is recommended pass?

Last edited:

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, can you travel using CoPR until you get your PR card? No
I mean once you land, you are officially a permanent resident right? Yes
So when you come in and out of Canada, there's only three official documents that are recognized as identification for a Student/Foreign Worker/PR/Citizen

Student/Foreign Worker: Permit (Study or Work)
PR: PR Card
Citizen: Passport

You'll need to have one of those when you come back in the country. The only option for a PR with no PR Card is to get a PR travel document but that has to be applied for when outside of the country and I have no idea how long that takes. I'm just going to assuming a long time because IRCC, am I right? :p https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

The only exemption to that rule apparently is if you're entering Canada in a private vehicle (I'm assuming you're not getting married in the states). A rental vehicle is not considered a private vehicle.

Hope that helps!

Paulferns

Mar 20, 2020
If I cancel my representative, how do I change the contact info like address, e-mail and phone number to mine and not my representative's ?
Put an e mail to your representative that you will link your account . Create your own GC Key account and link the application .

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Thanks. How will I change the contact info like the address , email and phone number for my application ?
Raise webform and mention in the message area about thr contact info change..it takes 7 business days for them to reply u back..luckily i called the agent and she is nice enough to update my contact info just thr mobile number but dont except everyone to be soo nice that attends you.Best way raise webform.