+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

LobsterBisc

Sep 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether my biometric information is valid or not then today, I got a letter for my BOWP application stating that my biometrics were valid (with date of expiry and everything). Would that mean that those same biometrics are valid for my EE (CEC AOR Mar8 BIL Mar 13) application?

Your support is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether my biometric information is valid or not then today, I got a letter for my BOWP application stating that my biometrics were valid (with date of expiry and everything). Would that mean that those same biometrics are valid for my EE (CEC AOR Mar8 BIL Mar 13) application?

Your support is much appreciated.

Thank you.
yes

VACK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Guys who are biometrics exempt due to past submission, how many of you got your biometrics updated on profile???

Reactions: pbhanot

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I have to travel to India for my Sister's marriage. I am on an open work permit (expiring 10th Dec). I have already applied for my PR (AOR 6th April) and BOWP too.

Can anyone please help me with what all documents I need to show to enter back in Canada?

My GCMS notes say I have my eligibility passed, criminality in progress and security not started. I am also biometrics exempt. I saw some posts on this website saying they were stuck in India even with a valid work permit and even after spending time in Canada already on the work permit.

Will I be stuck in India for any reason? I am FSW Inland applicant. Senior member like @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes please help, I am really in straits right now.

RickSanchez

Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys. So a raised a second webform. The first one from two months ago said that Eligibility was met and the background wasn't started yet.
The second one from yesterday tells me that background still hasn't started but the thing that confuses me is the one-sentence for Eligibility. It states as follows:
  • The responsible office has verified if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
It only says that they have verified. it doesn't say if it's passed or not passed. Should I be worried? it's so confusing. Can it be the there is something wrong with my case? But again if there is something wrong they should reject it right? and not just keep us like this. I don't know man
I'm sharing my info also for some insight.
Thanks a lot. At least we have each other.

Category: FSW-O
ITA Received - Feb 19, 2020
AOR - March 24, 2020
Medicals - passed on May 29, 2020
Biometrics - June 4, 2020, Completed
Ip2 to Ip1 - July 15, 2020
Case Processing entre - Ottawa, Ontario.

Last edited:

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey how we get COPR like in email or by mail? And does that come in working hours or anytime?
WARNING: This applies to inland applicants only since this is how I applied

So you don't get your COPR electronically, that's a physical document. You will get an email with instructions (or a message through the MyCIC portal) to send in your passport (and possibly some other documentation - don't quite remember but not important in the grand scheme of things) into CIC. This is why it's called a Passport Request or PPR. Once you send it in, you should get your passport back in about two weeks with your COPR (a physical document).

When I got back my passport, I was then contacted shortly after with a date, time and location for my landing interview. For me, this was at the immigration office downtown Halifax. I'm in Nova Scotia. You also have the option of flagpole-ing at the border. I'd suggest you do the interview. It literally 5-10 minutes, they ask a few question, give you some instructions about being a permanent resident, shake your and welcome you as a permanent resident. Then the long wait starts for your PR card. It took me about 2 months, there was a slight delay because they didn't accept the pictures that I sent. (Yes you need a second set of pictures for this, you will take them to your landing interview).

Not sure how that process differs for outlanders but anyone who's done it that way, feel free to chime in. I could imagine the process is similar except you would do your interview whenever you reach your point of entry in Canada.

Reactions: Vinami

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have to travel to India for my Sister's marriage. I am on an open work permit (expiring 10th Dec). I have already applied for my PR (AOR 6th April) and BOWP too.

Can anyone please help me with what all documents I need to show to enter back in Canada?

My GCMS notes say I have my eligibility passed, criminality in progress and security not started. I am also biometrics exempt. I saw some posts on this website saying they were stuck in India even with a valid work permit and even after spending time in Canada already on the work permit.

Will I be stuck in India for any reason? I am FSW Inland applicant. Senior member like @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes please help, I am really in straits right now.
I was reading somewhere that if you're a temporary foreign worker, if you reside in Canada then travel is considered essential or non-discretionary (because you need to get back home) so you're exempt from travel restrictions. I need to find the link

(Edit) Found it!

From this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#essential

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Will I be stuck in India for any reason? I am FSW Inland applicant. Senior member like @legalfalcon and please help, I am really in straits right now.
I have a temporary resident visa. Can I leave Canada and come back?
Single-Entry Temporary Resident Visa

• If you have a single-entry temporary resident visa, you will generally need a new visa to come back to Canada.
  • You can request to return to Canada on your original single-entry temporary resident visa, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.
Multiple-Entry Temporary Resident Visa

• Yes, you can come back to Canada, if you have a multiple-entry temporary resident visa and it has not expired.
Expired Temporary Resident Visa

• You can ask to come back to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
    • you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon, and
    • you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.
An officer will make sure you meet all the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada. If you visit any country other than those listed above, you will need a new temporary resident visa.