Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
On Feb 4, medicals changed to "You passed the medical exam" from "Yo do not need a medical exam". As there were chances of implementing lockdowns in the country, I just wanted to get it done with just in case IRCC asks for a medical and I won't be able to submit, delaying the process further. Webform response states that the responsible office has received my remedicals.

ADR status "not appliable" in My CIC account. Previous status of criminality was passed and security was "not started" as per GCMS notes. Current Status (as per webform) is "not initiated" for both security and criminality. This webform response was received after my ADR was submitted but the query was made earlier.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a query regarding Bridge Open Work Permit, I have a PR application(Aor March 2020) under express entry in progress.
My current work permit expires in September 2022. I am planning to apply for BOWP in March here in Canada.
So my question is can I travel outside canada while my BOWP is in processing and will my travel impact the processing of my bowp ?

Any recommendation is welcome!

You can travel, there is nothing stopping you and it does not impact the processing of your BOPW. However, one of the conditions of BOPW is that you should live in Canada. IF you are going out of Canada for a short trip, you may be fine, but if it's a long one, then you should defer it until you get the BOWP approved.

Reactions: Olaoluadefemi

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
You can travel, there is nothing stopping you and it does not impact the processing of your BOPW. However, one of the conditions of BOPW is that you should live in Canada. IF you are going out of Canada for a short trip, you may be fine, but if it's a long one, then you should defer it until you get the BOWP approved.
Even if its a long one(5 months) but if enter canada before my current work permit expires, say 10 days prior to expiring and also I will have the proof of receipt that I applied for bowp, will they let me in or can there be issues?

Drajesh

Mar 24, 2020
Thanks. Got your point regarding the medicals. But I intended to ask about why the criminality again changes to not started and why is the ADR showing not applicable despite the fact that I have already uploaded those documents within deadline. Also, come as it may, if they ask for remedicals, I would be going with doing another medical without trying to get the previous medicals linked.

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon. I received Ready for Visa email yesterday, which mentions that I have to inform IRCC of any "Changes in Circumstances":

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately at the email address above:
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
My wife is 6.5-month pregnant, do I need to let them know? I already submitted our passports for stamping.

Last edited:

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon. I received Ready for Visa email yesterday, which mentions that I have to inform IRCC of any "Changes in Circumstances":

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately at the email address above:
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
My wife is 6.5-month pregnant, do I need to let them know? I already submitted our passports for stamping.
Hi and congratulations to you and your family on your Ppr and pregnancy,

You do not need to inform idcc about pregnancy until baby is hereto I believe all is fine you can go ahead with the stamping. except you plan on waiting for her to deliver and then adding the baby but, if your plan is to travel before delivery then you don't need to inform them as family composition is yet to change since baby is yet to be delivered.

Reactions: habibi123

Skey

Aug 3, 2021
Hi All, I was sent re-medicals in December and request for PCC (Police certificates). However, still date no progress on my application has been made, the file is pending visa officer review, despite my application due date being 24-feb-2022. Should I expect something to happen on 24-Feb-2022, or it practically means nothing. Is there any way to speed up the process.

@legalfalcon any guidance.

ZX6789

Feb 13, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon , need your advise with regards to counterfoil validity. My application is approved and I am waiting to get back my passport. My profile just got updated and it says that counterfoil validity is till 05/05/2021.
If in the event that i cannot travel before that, can i get an extension. Also if i request for an extension, how long will it take to know the outcome of my request
also,
Now with the border restrictions being eased, would I be allowed to just do a soft landing and come back and then go later
Im in a real fix cuz my current commitments dont allow me to just leave everything and settle permanently by May22 and it’l take me a few more months to wind up

thanks for your help in advance

FSW OUTLAND
ITA - Mar 2020
APPROVAL - like literally a few minutes back !

Reactions: Rkb94

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

• Change in health;
Pregnancy is not a disease or a health issue that would make you inadmissible to Canada. If you intend to land before your baby is born, then there is no need to inform IRCC.

However, if you do not intend to land before the baby is born, then you have to inform IRCC. Your current COPRs will be cancelled, and the file will be reopened. Once you submit your child's documents, they will be processed and once done new COPRs will be issued to all family members.

Reactions: habibi123

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Pregnancy is not a disease or a health issue that would make you inadmissible to Canada. If you intend to land before your baby is born, then there is no need to inform IRCC.

However, if you do not intend to land before the baby is born, then you have to inform IRCC. Your current COPRs will be cancelled, and the file will be reopened. Once you submit your child's documents, they will be processed and once done new COPRs will be issued to all family members.
I already mailed passports and plan to land if they come back in 2-4 weeks. If it takes longer we will inform IRCC that we're unable to land. In that case, do you think they might refuse to reissue the PPR because we are late to inform them?

Last edited:

Victory71

Jan 9, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I m in March 2020 AOR.
See my story below,
1. Applied as primary applicant and non accompanying dependents.
2. Did medicals and spouse was pregnant.
3. Completed medicals for all after delivery.
4. Added spouse and kid as accompanying dependents. Paid fee.
5. Medicals expired and requested for remedical and completed.
6. BiL for spouse : completed
7.on October 2021, requested gcms, see picture.
Text:
***OFFICER REVIEW*** File reviewed. Three applicants (3). Integrated search completed — NAI found. Eligibility
passed, criminality passed. Medicals complete and valid. All requirements met. APPROVED. Based
on the strength of other prior assessment decisions — Decisions have not been revisited.

Please advice if anything pending from my end. Or just have to wait for IRCC to respond back.

yebie

Mar 4, 2020
I h
I think the money should be there for at least 6 months for POF. That is why you should attach the previous statements.
I had the money but spent some of it while waiting for my PPR. My husband wants to send the balance of the expected sum. Is this possible without being suspicious.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I h
I had the money but spent some of it while waiting for my PPR. My husband wants to send the balance of the expected sum. Is this possible without being suspicious.
I am not sure about what is the best approach... were you very close to the minimum required? I would wait for suggestions from other users more expert than me on the subject...