Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
If September 7th would matter, we’d already gotten our PPRs as it’s three weeks left only. Isn’t that right?
7 September date is a tentative date. If they have to postpone until December, they'd have to issue the documents again this is why they are instructed to wait until the border opening and then initiate sending of COPRs based on the grouping of applicants.

Reactions: Canex17 and rogerEE

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
7 September date is a tentative date. If they have to postpone until December, they'd have to issue the documents again this is why they are instructed to wait until the border opening and then initiate sending of COPRs based on the grouping of applicants.
I don't think that border closure has been the only factor. US residents have been "exempt" from travel restriction all this time, but a lot of us have seen no movement in our files and despite being in RFV status since 2020 we still have not received PPRs.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I don't think that border closure has been the only factor. US residents have been "exempt" from travel restriction all this time, but a lot of us have seen no movement in our files and despite being in RFV status since 2020 we still have not received PPRs.
They're treating all overseas applicants the same. They don't specifically look for US residents to issue PPRs.

Regardless, we will know after 7 September.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
That makes sense, but that’s just a guess, right?. I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes too much unsubstantially, you know.

Yeah, let’s wait until after September 7th. With the way things are going with the virus and its variants, we could easily see it get postponed again.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
I thought they opened the borders for COPR-holders on June 21. So I don't understand why they wait to issue COPR's until the Sept 7 opening?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I thought they opened the borders for COPR-holders on June 21. So I don't understand why they wait to issue COPR's until the Sept 7 opening?
They opened borders for valid COPR holders. They just don't want to issue new COPRs as long as the border restrictions are there.

Reactions: immicow

Skey

Aug 3, 2021
It is good being optimistic, but this 7th September notion is really ridiculous. Do you really believe that IRCC does not know when the border will open. The ministry will tell them on 7th September that we are opening the border and then they are going to find out. Do you really believe that IRCC agents will find out border opening through the news? There are memos, protocols, and other documents which are shared with border staff and IRCC. They all know well what is going to happen.

The fact of the matter is that restrictions on new immigrants have been lifted since the end of June. IRCC is not interested in issuing PPRs to FSW outlands candidates because they are difficult to process. Likewise, the bulk of the applications are more than 90,000. If they process all of them, the current year quota set will be exceeded by a huge margin.

So then what's their plan. Well, it's a simple issue as many PPRs to Inlands candidates, Refugees, and Parents. Then about FSW candidates, they start processing their application from next year in Jan and will clear the backlog by June. So it gonna be a long wait.

As for the leaked document it most probably pertains to last year. As IRCC was expecting border easing in September or December. That's, why they started redoing the FSW, draws, and most people got RSV from September to December.

So wake up. Start living your lives

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
It is good being optimistic, but this 7th September notion is really ridiculous. Do you really believe that IRCC does not know when the border will open. The ministry will tell them on 7th September that we are opening the border and then they are going to find out. Do you really believe that IRCC agents will find out border opening through the news? There are memos, protocols, and other documents which are shared with border staff and IRCC. They all know well what is going to happen.

The fact of the matter is that restrictions on new immigrants have been lifted since the end of June. IRCC is not interested in issuing PPRs to FSW outlands candidates because they are difficult to process. Likewise, the bulk of the applications are more than 90,000. If they process all of them, the current year quota set will be exceeded by a huge margin.

So then what's their plan. Well, it's a simple issue as many PPRs to Inlands candidates, Refugees, and Parents. Then about FSW candidates, they start processing their application from next year in Jan and will clear the backlog by June. So it gonna be a long wait.

As for the leaked document it most probably pertains to last year. As IRCC was expecting border easing in September or December. That's, why they started redoing the FSW, draws, and most people got RSV from September to December.

So wake up. Start living your lives
Incredible insight.
First off, IRCC doesn't work the way you feel they should work. For better or worse, they do things their way. a lot of things they do make no sense so you really can't predict what they can or can't do. It's better to take things at face value than overthinking and overanalyzing.

Skey

Aug 3, 2021
Incredible insight.
First off, IRCC doesn't work the way you feel they should work. For better or worse, they do things their way. a lot of things they do make no sense so you really can't predict what they can or can't do. It's better to take things at face value than overthinking and overanalyzing.
Yup, you are right. Having expectations from IRCC to do something is the biggest mistake.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi there, can you please guide me how to add a new born child in the application. What information is required by ircc
I guided myself with some of the other threads over here, but you need to inform about the newborn via Webform in Advance, because IRCC will tell you what to send them according to your PROFILE.

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
@legalfalcon IRCC has requested some additional information from me by filling out some IMM form. But in the same form they have said provide the information by completing the form bearing an original signature. SO my question is do I need to first fill and print the form and sign it or can I just put my signature electronically like in any other IMM forms we do. The issue is if I leave the signature box empty it doesn't allow me to validate.

Any help would be appreciated here.

Gomze

Jul 18, 2021
There are rumors floating around that Canada is heading for an early election. It doesn't sound like a great news for us.