+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
So I called IRCC today. I asked the guy if there had been any changes to my file since May 2020, and he said no LOL. He said he would make a note that I had called to ask for info, and hopefully the officer will see that, and do something about it.

FYI:
AOR Mar 11, 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
VO: Sydney

It has been the same since May 2020...
Really! Which number you try to contact them? Is it possible to ask them to leave a note for the officer?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, would be great if you advise on my situation.

I am March 7 AOR with Biometrics in Oct 2020. My gcms notes state that my application was approved sometime in Oct 2020, with COPR document valid till Feb 10th. Have not received anything yet from IRCC or in the portal and the date is almost there now.

Calling IRCC does not really help; they say it is approved but there is nothing I can do; I request web form updates but haven't heard for over a month now. I am sure by this date medicals would expire. What happens in these situations?

If you are outside Canada then IRCC has put on hold many application that are approved and you can even see the COPR dates in the GCMS. The application have been put on hold as you are not exempt from travel restrictions, and once the cOPR is issued the file is closed. To re-issue the COPR the file has to be re-opened and processed.

In comparison if you are not issued the COPR, your application remains open. See page 1 for application status.

If your meds expire, IRCC will send them for reassessment to the Health Branch, and the Regional Medical Officer will make a determination to extend them or to ask for a re-med. If the determination is a re-med, you will be informed of the same.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
If you are outside Canada then IRCC has put on hold many application that are approved and you can even see the COPR dates in the GCMS. The application have been put on hold as you are not exempt from travel restrictions, and once the cOPR is issued the file is closed. To re-issue the COPR the file has to be re-opened and processed.

In comparison if you are not issued the COPR, your application remains open. See page 1 for application status.

If your meds expire, IRCC will send them for reassessment to the Health Branch, and the Regional Medical Officer will make a determination to extend them or to ask for a re-med. If the determination is a re-med, you will be informed of the same.
Hi @legalfalcon , may I ask according to your experience of the recent finalized cases, how IRCC is finalizing the cases with principal applicant is in Canada while at least one dependent is outside Canada? Will the inland PA receive direct CoPR while the dependents outland wait for their PPR? Otherwise the dependent will not be exempt from the travel restrictions as PA is not a PR yet, which seems to be a deadlock.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , may I ask according to your experience of the recent finalized cases, how IRCC is finalizing the cases with principal applicant is in Canada while at least one dependent is outside Canada? Will the inland PA receive direct CoPR while the dependents outland wait for their PPR? Otherwise the dependent will not be exempt from the travel restrictions as PA is not a PR yet, which seems to be a deadlock.

As per law, the PA has to land first. The dependents cannot land before the PA lands. For applicants who are inland, the PA will be issued a COPR which will be stamped and the dependents will be asked to submit the passport if they are not from visa exempt country.

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
I have seen a lot of CEC applicants from March AOR getting COPR's in the last 2 weeks, So happy for them. I called the agent yesterday, My case is Criminality under process the rest are all passed...
So frustrating, is there anyone else left here with a similar situation...
Thanks...
Yes same like you

Reactions: siji083

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
As per law, the PA has to land first. The dependents cannot land before the PA lands. For applicants who are inland, the PA will be issued a COPR which will be stamped and the dependents will be asked to submit the passport if they are not from visa exempt country.
Thank you @legalfalcon , hope IRCC will finalize CoPR splitly for inland PA and outland dependencies as soon as possible.

According to your previous reply, during the period after PA is landed or sent direct CoPR through email, but the outland dependencies have not land to Canada, is the case still open or is considered as closed?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon , hope IRCC will finalize CoPR splitly for inland PA and outland dependencies as soon as possible.

According to your previous reply, during the period after PA is landed or sent direct CoPR through email, but the outland dependencies have not land to Canada, is the case still open or is considered as closed?

The application is closed as soon as the COPR is issued.

Reactions: CarlCoco
Nov 21, 2020

Hi @shomaro - Could you please share your status and AOR date?

I am in the same situation (primary applicant with outland dependent). Also, there is a separate thread for this:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-inland-dependent-outland-during-covid-19.694193/page-23#post-9187871

s_can2019

Sep 13, 2020

Thanks @legalfalcon
Sorry I did not cover that in my note. I am an inland candidate, in Canada for a couple of years now with the dependents. Does that alter your advice on this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon
Sorry I did not cover that in my note. I am an inland candidate, in Canada for a couple of years now with the dependents. Does that alter your advice on this?

If you are an inland applicant and your address is updated, i.e. your Canadian address is available on file with IRCC, then your COPR will be processed in due course by either seeing it to you via email, or asking you to create an account on the PR confirmation portal <https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html>

While there is no way to expedite the process, as IRCC is continuing to send COPRS to inland applicants, and the day you receive your COPR, you will be a landed PR.

You just have to give it time and as and when your file is processed, you will be informed. You can check your GCMS notes see which VO your file is at. Most inland applicants who have receive COPR is from Etobicoke. If your file is at CPC Ottawa , it may be delayed due to office closures and staffing issues.

s_can2019

Sep 13, 2020
If you are an inland applicant and your address is updated, i.e. your Canadian address is available on file with IRCC, then your COPR will be processed in due course by either seeing it to you via email, or asking you to create an account on the PR confirmation portal <https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html>

While there is no way to expedite the process, as IRCC is continuing to send COPRS to inland applicants, and the day you receive your COPR, you will be a landed PR.

You just have to give it time and as and when your file is processed, you will be informed. You can check your GCMS notes see which VO your file is at. Most inland applicants who have receive COPR is from Etobicoke. If your file is at CPC Ottawa , it may be delayed due to office closures and staffing issues.
Thanks @legalfalcon

My primary office is CPC Ottawa. Will keep waiting. Is there a way to check what is the address on the file? Went through the GCMS notes and the online profile; could not really find it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon

My primary office is CPC Ottawa. Will keep waiting. Is there a way to check what is the address on the file? Went through the GCMS notes and the online profile; could not really find it.
You can sent a webform and confirm.

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
Hi All,
Can someone help here. I am an EE applicant.
My medical was approved last year on the 6th of May 2020, and the same was reflecting in my application.
But today when i checked the application, the status has changed to below.
Is this because it has been over one year since i got my medicals done? If so, do they not extend if the medicals expire?

• You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Regards

azadamit2011

Sep 30, 2020
There are many application that are pending and in the same situation as you. The only reason is that the security has to be initiated by IRCC by transmitting a request to National Security Screening Division at CBSA. If this has not been done then the security screening would not initiate.

Another reason could be that the security screening has been initiated, but it has not yet been updated in your file. You can send a webform to IRCC and inquire.
1. security has to be initiated by IRCC by transmitting a request to National Security Screening Division at CBSA: Can there be any reason, why they have probably not transmitted the request?

2. security screening has been initiated, but it has not yet been updated in your file: The CBSA report was requested on 12 Jan 2021, I think it will be the latest update only. What do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance

VishInd

Jul 23, 2020
So I called IRCC today. I asked the guy if there had been any changes to my file since May 2020, and he said no LOL. He said he would make a note that I had called to ask for info, and hopefully the officer will see that, and do something about it.

FYI:
AOR Mar 11, 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Medical: Passed
VO: Sydney

It has been the same since May 2020...
Hi- Does your medical still say passed? Mine changed from passed to 'medical exam not required. We will let you know if this changes'