+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> March 2020 AOR <<<***

Jan 16, 2021
AOR 21 March
VO : Ottawa

I got my biometrics completed on 9 Oct 2020. No update after that
Now even people who applied in July-August 2020 are getting their PR but my file is not being processed. I also ordered my GCMS notes 2 times, one on 27 Nov 2020 and 2nd on 6 Aug 2020. Both notes had same progress.

This is very frustrating since there are a lot of things in my life linked to this PR. I face issues in switching to new job since my Bridge work permit also was issued just for 6 months and its expiring again on March 2021.
True that, sadly there is very little we can do from our end to accelerate that process. The illogical to as to how July-Sep applicants are getting their PR approved before us.

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yes, guys we should send email to Immigration minister, I sent last friday. Maybe if he opens his laptop on monday and receives 20-30 emails saying the same thing. He might be forced to ask what is happening.
Email of Immigration Minister : minister@cic.gc.ca

If we don't put pressure on CIC we could be waiting another 6-8 months, looking at the way they are picking files.
sent an email

Reactions: SaintOfSilence
Jan 16, 2021
I'm a CEC inland applicant and there is no one progress or update on my application for the past 4 month.

AOR: March 4th
Medical passed: April 20th
Biometrics passed: September 24th
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
VO Ottawa

I don't understand what's causing this delay, it's very discouraging and frustrating. I foresee another few months of further delay considering they haven't even started my security evaluation even after >10 months. It's like nobody is working on my profile at all. I'm holding off my travel plans because of this situation and in the hope that it might come be approved soon. Is anyone in similar situation with their criminality check still in progress?
Can someone help me understand the next series of steps in the processing of my application? I'd like to know if any of those steps demand my physical presence in Canada like mailing any documents, biometrics etc.? I'm planning to visit India for 2 months and wanted to ensure there are no major challenges while travelling. Thank you.

Workload

Jan 8, 2021
Yes, guys we should send email to Immigration minister, I sent last friday. Maybe if he opens his laptop on monday and receives 20-30 emails saying the same thing. He might be forced to ask what is happening.

If we don't put pressure on CIC we could be waiting another 6-8 months, looking at the way they are picking files.
Hi, Have you sent the email in more generic way or specific to your application. I am also gonna send an email..

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021

Yes I already sent yesterday please guys we should put some pressure on cic..

Reactions: canadashine

Purva_J

Jan 17, 2021
AOR 21 March
VO : Ottawa

I got my biometrics completed on 9 Oct 2020. No update after that
Now even people who applied in July-August 2020 are getting their PR but my file is not being processed. I also ordered my GCMS notes 2 times, one on 27 Nov 2020 and 2nd on 6 Aug 2020. Both notes had same progress.

This is very frustrating since there are a lot of things in my life linked to this PR. I face issues in switching to new job since my Bridge work permit also was issued just for 6 months and its expiring again on March 2021.
Send emai to cic I already did..

Savy16

Jan 10, 2021
I find Etobicoke VO is really slow for issuing eCoPR through the portal. Here is the timeline in my case.

IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email received - November 28 (Etobicoke )
IRCC Portal profile created, address confirmed, photo uploaded - December 4

No updates since then.

I hope everything is ok. I am not sure that they will respond if I email them back to ask for the status.
Did you get the ecopr yet? I am also waiting since 23 December, nothing yet!

Reactions: canadashine

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

I am assuming you are referring to only Inland candidates? And could you share a sample format / template of your email?

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
I wrote the letter as well. Sharing my template here:

---

Dear Minister Mendicino,

My name is [NAME]. I’m writing to you as an Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) applicant for Permanent Residence here in Canada. My family and I have been residing in [CITY] on a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). I was invited to work for [ACTIVITY]. During that initial period, we decided to stay in Canada for the long term and applied for a Permanent Residence to secure our status in the country.

However, our experience with CIC has let us down, and I want to shed some light on the current situation with the applicants like me who’ve submitted their applications from Jan-Mar 2020. We’ve been patiently waiting for the immigration officers to go through our applications, but it’s been silent for more than nine months now. We haven’t received an update of any sort either. However, we’ve got to see applicants from July to September get their files processed while we continue to stay in the immigration limbo. With everything that has been going on worldwide, we’re stressed due to our temporary status. [SITUATION] and our TRV will expire this Summer. We, of course, would like to get a response before the due date. That way, we could prepare ourselves for a possible departure if our application would be refused or not processed at that time.

Thank you for your understanding and the work you do.

Sincerely,
[NAME]

---

Change things here and there of course. Cheers, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jxwantpr and PR2020

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Hi! Can you please tell me how or where did you ask for your GCMS notes? Thank you!

I have a similar timeline but didnt ask for GCMS notes yet
Hello! I ordered them online via GCMSnotes.com. I ordered in October 2020 but on day 29 I got a notification that it would be extended by 60 days, to receive them January 11th which I did.

JagSidhu91

Oct 7, 2019

Mail sent. lets see if anything happen now