Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
For the last several months, whenever I’ve called IRCC, they said that my security has not started but my elligibility on file is ‘passed’ instead of ‘recommended pass’.

@legalfalcon I know that the security stage only starts when the elligibility is passed by the officer. If the elligibility is only passed by an analyst and not the officer, can it still show up as ‘passed’ instead of ‘recommended pass’?

Yeaterday they also said that the security status can stay at ‘not started’ instead of ‘in progress’ untill the stage is complete. is this accurate?
Security only starts when it is initiated by IRCC. It can also be that the security may have been initiated but nit updated, for which you will have to see the activities page in your GCMS notes. Also, the security section on page 2 is redacted. Security in most cases will start only after your eligibility has been conclusively passed.

Currently IRCC has put many applications on hold due to cOVID.

To read on security see https://bit.ly/3nKkjR4

Reactions: dextro590

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
IRCC has gone mad. Earlier they were taking at least 3months to process PGWP and now, they are giving out results in 2 weeks but for us, they are fucking sleeping.

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone I my AOR was on the 13th of MArch 2020, medicals and biometrics have been approved but the rest is still in progress. I contacted IRCC 3 times and the 3 times they confirmed that everything is approved and I just need to wait on COPR. I also requested my GCMS notes and it does state that all criterias passed and application is approved. Have anyone recei ved COPR that has an AOR for the month of MArch 2020.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
For the last several months, whenever I’ve called IRCC, they said that my security has not started but my elligibility on file is ‘passed’ instead of ‘recommended pass’.

@legalfalcon I know that the security stage only starts when the elligibility is passed by the officer. If the elligibility is only passed by an analyst and not the officer, can it still show up as ‘passed’ instead of ‘recommended pass’?

Yeaterday they also said that the security status can stay at ‘not started’ instead of ‘in progress’ untill the stage is complete. is this accurate?
If you obtain your Gcms Notes from IRCC and security has been initiated then it will be redacted. On the other hand if you obtain the same information from CBSA then usually that information is not redacted see below

To see the differences in obtaining the Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

You can also see the online version of the CBSA security screening manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Reactions: dextro590

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who ordered GCMS from GetGCMS.com?

I had ordered from them on 4th Nov and haven't received them yet but I got a mail from them that says that GCMS can be delayed more, so instead I should get CBSA notes from them at a discounted price.

Not sure if this is legit. can someone confirm pls
If your file is chronically delayed you can make a request to receive the same information for an alternate source (i.e. CBSA) for free and as a courtesy many 3rd parties may honor it. You can obtain Gcms Notes from IRCC or CBSA, its much the same process and the exact same cost; the only thing different is the consent form. To learn more see https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

shadowz

Mar 5, 2019
Hi everyone I my AOR was on the 13th of MArch 2020, medicals and biometrics have been approved but the rest is still in progress. I contacted IRCC 3 times and the 3 times they confirmed that everything is approved and I just need to wait on COPR. I also requested my GCMS notes and it does state that all criterias passed and application is approved. Have anyone recei ved COPR that has an AOR for the month of MArch 2020.
Can you please provide if you are Inland or outland.
What is the Current country of residence and country of birth details?
Biometrics Date?

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
AOR - March, 9 2020

GCMS notes from late August:
Medicals - April 6
Biometrics - May
Criminality - not started
Security - not started
Eligibility - recommended pass

No reply to the webform I sent 4 weeks ago.
Cannot reach them by phone from outside Canada.

I'm considering ordering GCMS notes again.
Has anyone ever gotten their application updated without seeing any ghost update?

D-star

Nov 9, 2020
Hello! FSW Outland, AoR is also March 13, 2020. All passed and approved as per GCMS notes. Also waiting for COPR

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
Hello! FSW Outland, AoR is also March 13, 2020. All passed and approved as per GCMS notes. Also waiting for COPR
Hi! Can you please tell me how or where did you ask for your GCMS notes? Thank you!

I have a similar timeline but didnt ask for GCMS notes yet

Techsojourn

Oct 15, 2020
NOC Code......
2171A
Hi Ranger, My AOR also Mar 13th. Called IRCC today morning again. Everything is passes and approved. Officer has to send Copr or pr portal mail, only that is pending. Pending in same state from dec end.

Reactions: Ranger91

Dev_333

Nov 24, 2020
yes

MIPZ

Jan 11, 2021
Hi Ranger, My AOR also Mar 13th. Called IRCC today morning again. Everything is passes and approved. Officer has to send Copr or pr portal mail, only that is pending. Pending in same state from dec end.
Hi, Did you ask for a GCMS note? If so, could you please tell me how or where did you ask for it? hank you!

annaxu

Jan 15, 2021
Hi, my AOR is March 17th, 2020, medical and biometrics have been approved but the rest is still progress.

I am almost the same as you.

I have not contacted IRCC yet, but my immigration representative will do it for me...

How does your portal reflect your status?

You said you contacted IRCC and they said everything has been approved, does the everything on portal e.g. eligibility and security change to "approved" ?

Thanks

annaxu

Jan 15, 2021
Hi All,

I have been a silent follower of this forum.
AOR - March 16, 2020
Medical passed - 01 April
Biometrics- exempt and was updated Oct 1
I am using an attorney
No update, I mean I literally don't know what's happening with my file. I contacted my attorney several times asking him to call or send a webform to IRCC but they keep giving me excuses as to why we should not contact IRCC. It was driving me nuts, so I raised a webform last week and I'm yet to get a response.

We understand with the current situation everything is slow but I think it is totally not fair as to how they treat applicants from 2019. Like, they just pick files randomly.

Maybe, we should just find a way to collectively sign a letter addressed to the prime minister to look into IRCC modus operandi because this is getting out of hand. We can just keep waiting with no result and we get delayed with our personal plans.

AOR: March 17th, 2020
Medical: May 6th, 2020
Biometrics: Nov 9th, 2020
everything else is in progress...

I applied via immigration agency. I contacted them several times and they said it is normal due to pandemic.
It has been 10 months
Today, I ask them to call IRCC and ask for the access to the information...
but my representative said it will be useless...