CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Guys my 90 days for BIL will also be over by first week of June, and even lets say service canada opens i dont think i will get an appointment in a week since there is too much pending cases. Any suggestions?

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Guys my 90 days for BIL will also be over by first week of June, and even lets say service canada opens i dont think i will get an appointment in a week since there is too much pending cases. Any suggestions?
I think you would not have to worry about it for now.

CIC's information on the biometrics collection has changed.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Previously they mentioned about 90 days, but they deleted that part a few days ago.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the biometrics collection site closest to you reopens. Once your local biometrics collection site reopens, make an appointment to give your biometrics as soon as possible.

It seems you would not have to worry about the expiry date anymore. Just keep checking if they change the guideline.

Ozymandias84

May 27, 2020
Hey Guys.... any ideas if cases are reviewed for eligibility even if biometrics are still missing?
I do not anticipate at least in the foreseeable future that CEC-inlands will be able to give biometrics...our cases might just be delayed a considerable amount of time...

Last edited:

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hey Guys.... any ideas if cases are reviewed for eligibility even if biometrics are still missing?
I do not anticipate at least in the foreseeable future that CEC-inlands will be able to give biometrics...our cases might just be delayed a considerable amount of time...

I have same question are they still processing the files in background even if biometrics are pending?

Iamelie88

Sep 1, 2019
Just called a service canada in edmonton today, website says they are open. But the lady said all biometrics collection are still cancelled and no information available on when they will resume.
oh great, I am also in Edmonton, if you get any news about them i would really appreciate letting me know too.

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Hi,
Did anyone here receive any ghost updates?

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Hahah..yes yours seem coming and mine is just relaxing.

I am 20 March AOR, FSW O
I would like to believe that, but at the moment it looks like they are issuing ppr only for inlands.

Shadow playz

May 29, 2020
Hi all,
ITA : March 5
AOR : March 19
Applied : Inland

Please find below the status of my application:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • May 19, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Kindly let me know in which status is my application is currently in like IP1 0r IP2 and is there any possibility to get COPR soon. Any information on this would really be helpful.

Thanks !!

Shadow playz

May 29, 2020
Once Service Canada reopens, You can try giving your biometrics by just walk in. I tried by booking appointments for WP extension biometrics and the date available was too far. Thought of giving a try by walk-in and it worked out with just a few mins of wait time. Good luck !!