Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
AOR: March 13th
BIL: March 30th

FSW Inland, 480pts. I’m a TFW visa holder.

IRCC totally gave up on us. As an inland applicant, I work here, pay taxes and did everything but biometrics. Almost six months without any news. It’s been six months, how crazy is that?

I understand the sentiment of limiting access to new people from abroad who don’t have a job here but why stop the process for those who are already here and live/pay taxes? It’s stage IV now. Everything’s open here in Downtown Toronto, I went to restaurants and bars numerous times for a couple of months now. I see people without masks all the time. Then they opened Service Canada but without biometrics department. How’s giving biometrics unsafe when it takes 10-15 minutes to do but bars without masks in public are alright where people sit for hours? It just doesn’t make sense. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Does anyone have a rational explanation of the IRCC’s priorities?

They at least could lay out the details and schedule so that we can plan our lives. We’re basically stuck in a limbo and cannot pursue better job opportunities, start business, move or do anything other than keep up with what we have. I feel like my rights are limited even though I did everything right with the application. This treatment paints a really bad picture and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP

IRCC totally gave up on us. As an inland applicant, I work here, pay taxes and did everything but biometrics. Almost six months without any news. It’s been six months, how crazy is that?

I understand the sentiment of limiting access to new people from abroad who don’t have a job here but why stop the process for those who are already here and live/pay taxes? It’s stage IV now. Everything’s open here in Downtown Toronto, I went to restaurants and bars numerous times for a couple of months now. I see people without masks all the time. Then they opened Service Canada but without biometrics department. How’s giving biometrics unsafe when it takes 10-15 minutes to do but bars without masks in public are alright where people sit for hours? It just doesn’t make sense. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Does anyone have a rational explanation of the IRCC’s priorities?

They at least could lay out the details and schedule so that we can plan our lives. We’re basically stuck in a limbo and cannot pursue better job opportunities, start business, move or do anything other than keep up with what we have. I feel like my rights are limited even though I did everything right with the application. This treatment paints a really bad picture and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Absolutely understand your concerns. I'm in the same situation. Any possible relocation within Alberta, promotion..is off the table due to the current situation. In noncovid times we'd have already gotten our PR's. Unfortunately, it's not the case now. Biometrics is a SC problem and not IRCC. I think IRCC can do nothing about it and wait until they get "go" from SC. I hate to say it but we have to be patient and believe in the journey we've started. CRS 976, AOR 3/25, inland, biometrics pending.

Maclose

May 15, 2020
Good day everyone
My AOR WAS 30th March and I sent a message via the web form for update in my application tho I haven’t done my biometric yet..
Here is their response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied appear to have been met,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Can someone please help explain why security is pending and eligibility is met and not passed ?

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Good day everyone
My AOR WAS 30th March and I sent a message via the web form for update in my application tho I haven’t done my biometric yet..
Here is their response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied appear to have been met,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Can someone please help explain why security is pending and eligibility is met and not passed ?
Hey,

I got the same thing in a web from response as well. I ordered GCMS notes and found out that my eligibility was set to met by a Case Processing Agent and has not been reviewed by an Officer yet. Eligibility happens in two steps. First the Case Processing Agent makes a recommendation (met, review required etc.). Then the Officer will review it and make the final decision. And only when an Officer set's your eligibility to Passed the Security screening will begin.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020

Absolutely understand your concerns. I'm in the same situation. Any possible relocation within Alberta, promotion..is off the table due to the current situation. In noncovid times we'd have already gotten our PR's. Unfortunately, it's not the case now. Biometrics is a SC problem and not IRCC. I think IRCC can do nothing about it and wait until they get "go" from SC. I hate to say it but we have to be patient and believe in the journey we've started. CRS 976, AOR 3/25, inland, biometrics pending.
The more people writing to them on Twitter may help us to raise the voice to grab their attention. I'm waiting from March 13 too. I've been pushing on Twitter so far. But overall fewer people in need it seems. All are waiting patiently.

Reactions: rickyhai11

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
My webform reply says Eligibility is Met.Does this mean my Eligibility is passed?
Eligibility 'Met' or 'Recommended Pass' is marked by the Case Analyst. After that, it goes to the Officer review and he passes the Eligibility finally.

But if your Security is passed and Criminality in the process (Awaiting biometrics) then Eligibility is likely final passed.

Last edited:

Maclose

May 15, 2020
Hey,

I got the same thing in a web from response as well. I ordered GCMS notes and found out that my eligibility was set to met by a Case Processing Agent and has not been reviewed by an Officer yet. Eligibility happens in two steps. First the Case Processing Agent makes a recommendation (met, review required etc.). Then the Officer will review it and make the final decision. And only when an Officer set's your eligibility to Passed the Security screening will begin.
Thanks a lot for this ..I will raise my gcms next month

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Eligibility 'Met' or 'Recommended Pass' is marked by the Case Analyst. After that, it goes to the Officer review and he passes the Eligibility finally.

But if your Security is passed and Criminality in the process (Awaiting biometrics) then Eligibility is likely final passed.
My security says currently valid and criminality in processing

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
The more people writing to them on Twitter may help us to raise the voice to grab their attention. I'm waiting from March 13 too. I've been pushing on Twitter so far. But overall fewer people in need it seems. All are waiting patiently.
This is exactly what I want to say. I have been doing same thing on Twitter for awhile.

Reactions: Dhan09

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018

We are on the same boat. It's painful and trying to bring my voice to IRCC via Twitter everyday and will keep doing this. Hope you guys can do this as well. If so it would make significantly difference

Maclose

May 15, 2020
Hey,

Please how do I raise GCms note

hundal jagbir

May 8, 2020
Please can any group member who ordered gcms notes from canadian government site tell me that after raising notes do they got confirmation email?
I ordered notes on 19th August and received an email confirmation, but following was written on email
Tracking Number
Your temporary request tracking number is 1635431. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.

After that I did not receive any new number. Can somebody help me?

hgyyz09

Aug 17, 2020
Please can any group member who ordered gcms notes from canadian government site tell me that after raising notes do they got confirmation email?
I ordered notes on 19th August and received an email confirmation, but following was written on email
Tracking Number
Your temporary request tracking number is 1635431. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request.

After that I did not receive any new number. Can somebody help me?
Yes there is a thank you email with temporary tracking number right after your submission. Until I got gcms back no new email or number was received.