Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am in the same timeline as yours. Did you receive any update?
The first update that most applicants will see would be the medicals passed or a biometrics letter. However, since most IRCC offices are closed, this will be delayed. But if you see any update, post it here, it's always encouraging.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Did anyone see an extension of time to submit the application recently?

Jan 1, 2020
My previous application got rejected since I did not submit the Australia PCC. Recreated the profile, and submitted the application again.

CEC
ITA: 23 March
AOR: 26 March

All the best everyone.

I also had a few questions. I gave my biometrics for my previous application. Will they still be valid of I will have to give new biometrics?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
there was 30 days added.
This is what some people reported. IRCC is strange in its own ways. No announcement, just an extension in the profile.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Air travel restrictions affecting foreign nationals
These have been implemented under the authority of the Minister of Transport through interim orders under the Aeronautics ActFootnote 1.

The basic rule is that foreign nationals are prohibited from boarding an aircraft for a flight to Canada departing from any country other than the United States, unless an exemption applies.

Canadian citizens, permanent residents and protected persons continue to be permitted to board an aircraft, subject to health screening measures.

Exemptions
Family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents
The interim order exempts foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens or permanent residents from the travel restriction.

The definition of immediate family members set out in Interim Order No. 2 is broader than that in IRPA (spouses and common-law partners, their dependent children and any dependent children of their dependent children) and includes

• the foreign national’s own parents or step-parents
  • the parents or step-parents of the foreign national’s spouse or common-law partner
  • the foreign national’s guardian or tutor
In respect of a parent, dependent child is defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations as a child who

• (a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namely,
    • (i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent, or
    • (ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and
  • (b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namely,
    • (i) is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner, or
    • (ii) is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before attaining the age of 22 years and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
Find additional information related to the interpretation of a dependent child:
Where the immediate family member is a parent or step-parent, the foreign national child’s age is not a factor and there is no requirement to establish dependency.

The Canadian citizen or permanent resident family member’s physical location is not a factor. They may be in Canada, in a third country, or accompanying the foreign national.

Travellers are expected to self-identify to airlines at the point of boarding that they are exempt under this provision by presenting documentation to establish their family member’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status and their relationship to that family member.

Recommended documentation for travel
Documentation showing their immediate family member’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status, such as a

• Canadian passport
  • Canadian permanent resident card
  • Canadian permanent resident travel document (visa counterfoil)
  • visa-exempt foreign passport and a IRCC Special Authorization for Canadian Citizens (see below)
Documentation showing their relationship to that family member, such as

• a marriage or common-law status certificate
  • a birth certificate
  • a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) for Family Class (FC) (Please note that the COPR category under Application Details will be FC.)
  • other document(s) supporting an immediate family connection (for example: correspondence from IRCC showing spousal sponsorship in progress, documentation indicating a common residential address)
Paper and electronic copies of the documents listed above are acceptable.

Role of IRCC
Air carriers who require assistance to confirm that a foreign national passenger is eligible for this exemption will communicate through established channels to Transport Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency.

Government of Canada officials may contact the IRCC Operations Support Centre (OSC) to confirm citizenship or immigration status and to verify family relationships to the extent that this information is available in Citizenship, Immigration or Passport program records.

Family reunification
The interim order also exempts foreign nationals whose travel to Canada is authorized in writing by a consular officer in order to reunite family members.

The expanded definition of immediate family member described above continues to apply.

While the foreign national’s immediate family member must be a resident in Canada, that family member does not have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

This means that a foreign national with an immediate family member residing in Canada as a worker, visitor, student or protected person would be included in this exemption.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Recommended documentation for travel
Global Affairs Canada will provide a letter to the client confirming their eligibility for this exemption.

Important note: Regular travel document requirements for air travel and entry to Canada continue to apply. Foreign nationals who are exempted from the travel restrictions must continue to meet all travel document requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

Role of IRCC
Consular officials who require assistance to confirm that a foreign national passenger is eligible for this exemption will seek guidance from Global Affairs Canada through established channels.

Government of Canada officials may contact the IRCC Operations Support Centre (OSC) to confirm citizenship or immigration status and to verify family relationships to the extent that this information is available in Citizenship, Immigration or Passport program records.

Accredited officials
The interim order exempts foreign nationals who are exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa under paragraph 190(2)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and their immediate family members. Note that the broader definition of immediate family members continues to apply.

The foreign national must hold a passport that contains a diplomatic acceptance, a consular acceptance or an official acceptance issued by the Chief of Protocol for the Global Affairs Canada on behalf of the Government of Canada and are a properly accredited diplomat, consular officer, representative or official of a country other than Canada, of the United Nations or any of its agencies, or of any international organization of which Canada is a member.

Protected persons
The interim order exempts protected persons within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A protected person is a person on whom refugee protection is conferred under subsection 95(1), and whose claim or application has not subsequently been deemed to be rejected under subsection 108(3), 109(3) or 114(4) of IRPA. The only document that may presented to provide proof of this status is a Canadian Refugee Travel Document issued by IRCC, in line with section 39(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

National interest
The interim order exempts a foreign national whose presence in Canada, in the opinion of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship or the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, is in the national interest.

This exemption may only be applied by any of the 3 ministers listed. The decision for the exemption will be made by the respective minister. The IRCC Case Management Branch will manage these situations in accordance with existing processes.

Transit passengers
The interim order exempts foreign nationals in transit through Canada to another country. Given the interplay between the interim order under the Aeronautics Act and related emergency orders under the Quarantine Act, the airport of arrival into Canada must have the facilities to permit the foreign national to connect to their destination without the foreign national having to present themselves for examination to enter Canada.

Crew members
The interim order exempts foreign national crew members, including those arriving by air to join a vessel.

Airlines will permit boarding for seafarers travelling to Canada to join a ship’s crew if they are holding a seafarer’s identity document supplemented by a passport or other seafarer documentation, including proof of employment on a vessel at a Canadian port.

This exemption does not affect regular travel document and permit requirements for foreign nationals under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Canadian citizens travelling on a foreign passport
Canadian citizens are encouraged to carry a valid Canadian passport at all times. Exceptionally, Canadian citizens may travel to Canada on a visa-exempt foreign passport with a special authorization. When this special authorization is issued, IRCC will produce a confirmation email approving the special authorization. For the purposes of the interim order, the Canadian citizen can provide this email to the airline to show they are not a foreign national, and therefore not subject to this travel restriction. Note that the foreign passport number in the approval email should match the traveller’s foreign passport number.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My previous application got rejected since I did not submit the Australia PCC. Recreated the profile, and submitted the application again.

CEC
AOR: 26 March

All the best everyone.

I also had a few questions. I gave my biometrics for my previous application. Will they still be valid of I will have to give new biometrics?
Yes, if your have provided the biometrics before for a PR application, you will still need to provide it again.

Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
CEC-Inland:
AOR: 24 March
1st application status update email: 24 March
Fingers crossed and good luck all.
I also got ITA on March 23, but I can't get upfront medical exam now as they're closed by the IRCC indefinitely until further notice. This is the only document I'm missing now and I'm kind of worried since god knows how long this closure will last. Did you submit your application with or without upfront medical exam?

joeyy

Dec 15, 2019
EE: 08/05/2019
AINP NOI: 06/11/2019
AINP NOM: 20/01/2020
ITA: 22/01/2020
AOR: 12/03/2020
Nationality: Indian
Residence: Saudi Arabia.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I also got ITA on March 23, but I can't get upfront medical exam now as they're closed by the IRCC indefinitely until further notice. This is the only document I'm missing now and I'm kind of worried since god knows how long this closure will last. Did you submit your application with or without upfront medical exam?

All panel physician have been asked not to conduct any more medical. If you cannot get the medicals done, you can submit your application and include a LoE.

When the medical exams start,IRCC will send you a letter instructing to get it done and submit it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
EE: 08/05/2019
AINP NOI: 06/11/2019
AINP NOM: 20/01/2020
ITA: 22/01/2020
AOR: 12/03/2020
Nationality: Indian
Residence: Saudi Arabia.
All the best for your application!! Keep your progress posted here!