+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
djpatel99 said:
Thanks. Here is my timeline. My local office is Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 25, 2015.

We started processing your application on June 22, 2015.

We sent you correspondence on July 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before
sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We sent you a notice on January 8, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Thanks for sharing the information.

It looks like CIC is finishing the complete process from application to oath within 12 months... :D :D :D

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
We are very happy to have received the invitation to take the oath on Mar 6th!
After the RQ and long wait and lots of discouragement from several people, it all worked out at the end!
I am so glad we did not withdraw our application.
So for anyone who received an RQ, don't take this as a failure. Just fill it out properly and hope for the best.

When we had our test back in Nov, the person checking all the forms told us we have to be seen by a Citizenship Judge and it might take up to a year. That left me very discouraged. But now it looks like someone went over the files and saw that all is good and we were able to move on. That letter from cic with the invitation was the best I have seen for a very long time.

I am wishing everyone who is still waiting good luck and lots of patience!

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rakiura74 said:
After the RQ and long wait and lots of discouragement from several people, it all worked out at the end!
So for anyone who received an RQ, don't take this as a failure. Just fill it out properly and hope for the best.

When we had our test back in Nov, the person checking all the forms told us we have to be seen by a Citizenship Judge and it might take up to a year. That left me very discouraged. But now it looks like someone went over the files and saw that all is good and we were able to move on. That letter from cic with the invitation was the best I have seen for a very long time.

Congratulations Rakiura. If I'm not mistaken, you got the full-length RQ before the test and not the CIT 0520 form (the mini-RQ). Am I right?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rakiura74 said:

Lots of Congratulations !!!!

did you have DM on your E-cas or you just rcd the invite by mail

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
asaif said:
Congratulations Rakiura. If I'm not mistaken, you got the full-length RQ before the test and not the CIT 0520 form (the mini-RQ). Am I right?
We got the RQ before the test, shortly after applying. I guess that was the long one. We sent back a huge pile of files...

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
JJGGG said:
Lots of Congratulations !!!!

did you have DM on your E-cas or you just rcd the invite by mail
DM in e-cas, but no text line as of the date. Last lane still says invite to test.
But received invite to oat by mail.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday interview was strange at Mississauga. Lady was very kind. Before my sitting and asking questions she simply told me to relax, my documents are complete, no need of questions and I shall get my oath invite in mail. This happens so too. She just had a casual look on my PR card, not even reading it. Is there a remote chance that I get an RQ instead of verbal questions? Anybody with such experience?

I am thankful to forum members for their kind support during whole process. Canadavisa made this good forum to exchange thoughts and experience.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
Yesterday interview was strange at Mississauga. Lady was very kind. Before my sitting and asking questions she simply told me to relax, my documents are complete, no need of questions and I shall get my oath invite in mail. This happens so too. She just had a casual look on my PR card, not even reading it. Is there a remote chance that I get an RQ instead of verbal questions? Anybody with such experience?

I am thankful to forum members for their kind support during whole process. Canadavisa made this good forum to exchange thoughts and experience.
Wishing you all the best .Guess you are cleared . there is no reason the CO will mention Oath invite if there are still concerns on your file .

keep us updated

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:

While there are no guarantees, stay optimistic and keep your fingers crossed. In my opinion, residency concerns are not the primary reason for getting an RQ. It might be that they just want to give themselves some extra time to do other checks and reviews discretely. For example, they will never tell you that because of your national/ethnic/religious background, your file is getting extra layers of CSIS scrutiny. The CO might issue a baseless RQ just to keep you in the system for upto 3 years without a chance for you to raise any questions. Their power is limitless and there isn't oversight whatsoever on the way they make their decisions. If a CO doesn't like you for whatever reason, he/she can virtually keep you in this citizenship limbo forever. But again, stay optimistic. COs are human beings just like us and the vast majority of them are fair, reasonable and decent people.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Somkijiji
EsieMadz
Grasshopper
Samsciti
will-i-am0121
Colnago
andrew7007
Viktoria
Mehrdad

The tracking sheet shows that you wrote your citizenship tests in or before September 2015. Can you please confirm that you haven't received the oath letter yet. Thanks.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif I wrote my test on Aug 31 alongwith my wife. CIT 0520 docs submitted. No DM No oath.
asaif said:
Hello,

Somkijiji
EsieMadz
Grasshopper
Samsciti
will-i-am0121
Colnago
andrew7007
Viktoria
Mehrdad

The tracking sheet shows that you wrote your citizenship tests in or before September 2015. Can you please confirm that you haven't received the oath letter yet. Thanks.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
Hello,

Somkijiji
EsieMadz
Grasshopper
Samsciti
will-i-am0121
Colnago
andrew7007
Viktoria
Mehrdad

Asaif , thank you for your continuous follow up to keep the tracking table in shape

after going thru your timeline . can you pls advise how you made the FOIA request by mail or online .
what info you provided and have you attached passport copy .
did you indicate time frame , fees , reason why the request is made

my understanding this will be mailed internationally to our canadian address , is there any other way to receive it by email

thanks

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Simp said:
Ideally u must have heard something from CIC by now.But if not try giving call to CIC and infant check if they dcvd your Fps.

Cheers

s
Just waiting. My decision was made. Just waiting for the oath letter. I am very positive it will be on MArch