+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
asaif I guess I will be the last as I haven't received DM yet. Test passed on Aug 31 and rqd.
afraid i will be joining you as well !!!
good luck for all of us

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Just checked my eCas. I am surprised that I got oath invite so quickly(not complain). Finally the whole journey will finish soon. Lots of thanks and good luck for all of you. following is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2015.
We sent you a notice on December 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on January 21, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umxian said:
Just checked my eCas. I am surprised that I got oath invite so quickly(not complain). Finally the whole journey will finish soon. Lots of thanks and good luck for all of you. following is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2015.
We sent you a notice on December 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on January 21, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Many congrats Umxian. What is your local office?

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyc84 said:
Finally received invitation to test at St. Clair on Feb 2 at 8:30 a.m. The finish line is in sight.
Congratulations. Your are reaching goal. Are Brampton people dealt with at St. Clair office too?

yyc84

Apr 28, 2015
amk2015 said:
Congratulations. Your are reaching goal. Are Brampton people dealt with at St. Clair office too?
Yeah it looks like it. I thought my local office was going to be Mississauga but surprisingly it is St. Clair. I guess they are reallocating work load to get files processe efficiently. Not complaining.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My offer to help in overseeing of the tracking sheet fell on deaf ears. It seems that the people who control it now don't care about the rest of the pack as long as their applications are finalized. Well, no one is asking you to keep an eye on on it forever. Just let those who still care and benefit from it take over from you.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asaif thanks for your efforts. Appreciate you giving us your time. But guys like me who are still waiting for DM or oath for very long have been disenchanted with this whole process. So apologies.
asaif said:
My offer to help in overseeing of the tracking sheet fell on deaf ears. It seems that the people who control it now don't care about the rest of the pack as long as their applications are finalized. Well, no one is asking you to keep an eye on on it forever. Just let those who still care and benefit from it take over from you.

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
All the best for the people who have done test 6 months ago and still waiting for oath with no obvious reason for delay. I have done test in end of July in Vancouver and fingerprint after test in August and still nothing

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey bud, I did my test on Aug 31. On enquiring from CIC they told me if I don't receive any DM on my status after 6 months I can call them up and they would be able to take action. You might consider approaching your local MP if that fails.
hany_sams said:
All the best for the people who have done test 6 months ago and still waiting for oath with no obvious reason for delay. I have done test in end of July in Vancouver and fingerprint after test in August and still nothing

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
I called them 6 months after test and they told me that I'm non routine and therefore not eligible for the 6 months note. I asked what's holding it up and how long I should be waiting for and they gave me the standard response of non routine 36 months waiting period. Is CIC committed to even respond after 36 months? I don't think so. I will go to MP shortly but don't have much hope. I have never left the country since landing, working since I came here and don't have even a single traffic ticket. My sympathy and empathy with all who are in my situation and patiently waiting. All the best to all

andrew7007 said:
Hey bud, I did my test on Aug 31. On enquiring from CIC they told me if I don't receive any DM on my status after 6 months I can call them up and they would be able to take action. You might consider approaching your local MP if that fails.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you order an ATIP?
hany_sams said:
I called them 6 months after test and they told me that I'm non routine and therefore not eligible for the 6 months note. I asked what's holding it up and how long I should be waiting for and they gave me the standard response of non routine 36 months waiting period. Is CIC committed to even respond after 36 months? I don't think so. I will go to MP shortly but don't have much hope. I have never left the country since landing, working since I came here and don't have even a single traffic ticket. My sympathy and empathy with all who are in my situation and patiently waiting. All the best to all