+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats oilsand. Were you rq'd? When did you get your DM?
oilsand said:
Finally, exactly 4 months after I took the citizenship exam last Sept 14 I got my oath taking invitation by mail. I'm scheduled for Jan 28 @ 8:15 am in Canada Place.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
Congrats oilsand. Were you rq'd? When did you get your DM?
Thanks, I was not rq'd but was requested to submit a translation of my old passport. My ecas changed to DM last Jan 7 and haven't changed since even after I received my invitation today.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they specifically ask you for the passport translation? My CO just asked me for colored copies at the interview and did not mention translation as the stamps are bilingual. Guess I am the only guy left here now?
oilsand said:
Thanks, I was not rq'd but was requested to submit a translation of my old passport. My ecas changed to DM last Jan 7 and haven't changed since even after I received my invitation today.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Did they specifically ask you for the passport translation? My CO just asked me for colored copies at the interview and did not mention translation as the stamps are bilingual. Guess I am the only guy left here now?

Dont worry , you are not the only one left , I did my test on Nov 30 at mississauga , got 20/20 . CO mentioned that he's gonna contact CBSA to clear my travel history , even I have seen CBSA report in his hands while going thru my passport stamps . While CIC is able to get our records from CBSA in 24hrs , i am unable to understand why no progress on my case . hopefully positive outcome soon , keep praying ....

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I did the test today, I had many non English stamps but the officer didn't even bother to look at the translations (Didn't even asked)

He mentioned we have other ways to check like CBSA and we have already done that I will just go through your passport,

He just took a quick look at the passport, only checked my original documents.

jess901

Dec 1, 2015
JJGGG said:
Dont worry , you are not the only one left , I did my test on Nov 30 at mississauga , got 20/20 . CO mentioned that he's gonna contact CBSA to clear my travel history , even I have seen CBSA report in his hands while going thru my passport stamps . While CIC is able to get our records from CBSA in 24hrs , i am unable to understand why no progress on my case . hopefully positive outcome soon , keep praying ....
I did my test on Nov. 3 and that was what the CO who interviewed me said as well. Be patient and it will come soon. I did not get my DM until Dec. 12 (consider the statutory holidays in your case) and my oath is coming up next week.

rc1

Oct 16, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Don't worry andrew, ill be there with till the end ;)

They requested 2 pages on my passports that had stamps from Egypt to be translated, but haven't got any update since they received the documents.

Looking at oilsands timeline, I think I might be looking at early March for a reply.

rc1

Oct 16, 2015
oilsand said:
Finally, exactly 4 months after I took the citizenship exam last Sept 14 I got my oath taking invitation by mail. I'm scheduled for Jan 28 @ 8:15 am in Canada Place.
Congratulations bud! Hopefully we will be done soon as well.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
Yes, they did for my expired passport and I asked if the request will delay my application. The response was no, it just routine to have a translation of non english stamp in a passport. The officer was quick to say that the invitation will come within the 2-4 mos duration, which in fact was kinda true as I receive my invitation 4mos to the dot from test date.

Edit: My ecas is still showing DM.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too had Egypt stamps on my passport but they were in Arabic and English too.
rc1 said:
Don't worry andrew, ill be there with till the end ;)

They requested 2 pages on my passports that had stamps from Egypt to be translated, but haven't got any update since they received the documents.

Looking at oilsands timeline, I think I might be looking at early March for a reply.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
My complete eCas

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 2, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 8, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you correspondence on October 7, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on December 15, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
You became a Canadian citizen on January 8, 2016.

What a ride!!!!!

Good luck to everyone in this group

rc1

Oct 16, 2015
andrew7007 said:
I too had Egypt stamps on my passport but they were in Arabic and English too.
Mine unfortunately were in Arabic only, and I believe I had a Saudi stamp that was in Arabic as well, can't remember clearly.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CIC office is Mississauga. My finger prints are sent to St. Clair office. What does it mean? What kind of inquiries are made in that office? can somebody tell?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
My CIC office is Mississauga. My finger prints are sent to St. Clair office. What does it mean? What kind of inquiries are made in that office? can somebody tell?
Guess you have ordered ur ATIP ,even its less than a month u send ur FP.
Uusually RQ cases of mississauga are transferred to st Clair office , ur case is different though !!!

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I asked for ATIP. It wrote that RCMP required FP in September for clearance. They asked me for FP in December end. In ATIP primary office is Mississauga and secondary office is St. Clair. Following the instructions of CIC, FP agency sent those to St. Clair office. I don't know if it is somewhere midway of my journey or almost the end. May be they start verifications from different departments after receiving FP, then it will take quite long. If different verifications do not depend upon my fingerprints then it may be last step.