+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
please what is the timeline once an application is designated urgent? Test oath and receipt of citizenship certificate can all happen within 4 weeks for urgent cases? What is the timeline for urgent cases that suddenly became urgent?

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
please what is the timeline once an application is designated urgent? Test oath and receipt of citizenship certificate can all happen within 4 weeks for urgent cases? What is the timeline for urgent cases that suddenly became urgent?
Only CIC can answer that.

Timeline for urgent cases that I've seen in this forum from the start (already urgent) is 4 months.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANMAPLE said:
Seems like we are going to have to wait until November or something :(
For me, I'm pretty sure about that since I received a post-test RQ. Anyway, I'm traveling for a conference around the end of October, so I don't want the oath ceremony to be held while I'm abroad.

floria

Sep 28, 2015
hi dear all,

I have been in this forum for a while and got a lot great information from you. SO first thanks for all of you.
I just got the oath invitation yesterday so I would like share my timeline here.

Local office: Windsor, ON
Package received by CIC: March 9,2015
Received correspondence acknowledging receipt: March 30, 2015
Start processing: May 27, 2015
Wrote test: September 15, 2015
CIC sent out the Oath invitation on September 24 to attend the Oath ceremony on Oct 21,2015

Good luck to all of you.
Cheers.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
floria said:
hi dear all,

I have been in this forum for a while and got a lot great information from you. SO first thanks for all of you.
I just got the oath invitation yesterday so I would like share my timeline here.

Local office: Windsor, ON
Package received by CIC: March 9,2015
Received correspondence acknowledging receipt: March 30, 2015
Start processing: May 27, 2015
Wrote test: September 15, 2015
CIC sent out the Oath invitation on September 24 to attend the Oath ceremony on Oct 21,2015

Good luck to all of you.
Cheers.
Congratulations!

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
I have been very lazy to update the documents...and to be honest..i kind of suck with it and prob just get it all messed up :D :D :D

anyway,
i had my oath last Friday (25th) in Kitchener On.

Officially Canadian citizen. This page in my life is done, new chapter may begin.
Started my journey with immigration 2011 when i applied my permanent residency, now 2015 became citizen :)

Thank you all for the support over the years and all the answers for the questions that was asked probably million times already :)

take care.

bongeorgeo

Apr 16, 2011
Hi virtual lovely fellows and friends.
Congratulations to everyone that got his test, oath or citizenship

Torontonians still unlucky :(

I wonder if you guys know some good translator to translate passports stamps .

Do they ask for names and dates on the citizenship test ?

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

For citizenship test if i need to take the documents for my son and what could be those documents ? just PR card and passport or school record as well.

I assume he don't need to go in person with us.

Thanks

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Simp said:
Hi,

For citizenship test if i need to take the documents for my son and what could be those documents ? just PR card and passport or school record as well.

I assume he don't need to go in person with us.

Thanks
Hi Simp,

When me and my hubby had the test and interview last week, we took our son's PR card and passports with us but the officer told us that they don't even look at those since as soon as parents are granted with the citizenship, kids will get it automatically. So there is actually no need to bring anything. :)

Good luck!

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

Yesterday we went for our test in Mississauga office. Both me and my wife passed. The test was easy. It was followed by a 15 minutes interview. They asks you basis question about your job, family, entry / exit from Canada etc.

We are told that we will receive our oath with in 1-3 months and they will inform us through letter. 2 of my friends who recently became citizens, were also told the same thing, but they received letter with in 2-3 days after the test and oath in 2 weeks time.

Nevertheless, I am not in a hurry, so I will let them take their own sweet time. If I receive my oath before 3rd Monday of October (It's a test question :p :p ), I would vote, otherwise will vote in next elections ;D ;D

Someone please update the tracker. Also update my local office as Mississauga, test date was 28th Sept.

- Grasshopper