March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
Congratulations Nasimj !

Did your ecas status change to "Decision Made" before you see the oath date?
Hi,
yes my e-cas changed to DM 2 days after the test but the last update I had in there was from June when my file was transferred, no update about the test either and then today I got an update for oath :)

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
hello,

I have gone to US few times by road and one stamping is missing. I cant find that in my I-94 records also. What would be the best to do in my case when officer asks and checks my residency days reported and stamps in the passport. How can we tackle it. Would appreciate your help.

Smile_Canada said:
No you don't need the copy of residence calculator.

You only need Copy of biographical pages of all your passports(current and expired) and travel documents.
And you need to carry originals of all the document you send along with your application.

For my test, Officer only checked original Passports, landing papers, pr cards, driving licence, care card. She matched them with copies i sent, and check marked saying verified.

And again i am repeating myself, if you are frequent US traveler by road, n don't have all stamps on your passport take i-94 report. It is available online at no cost.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
adiwen said:
Recently discovered the community. I applied in March, and my location is Mississauga.

Looking through the spreadsheet, and it looks like the GTA offices are quite a bit slower than others.

I didn't get the LOT line (what is up with that?) but I'm assuming my file has been transferred as per the status descriptions on CIC.

Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 25, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 10, 2015.

We started processing your application on June 17, 2015.

I hate how opaque the CIC process is, but it feels better to be in this with you guys.

I'm going to add myself to the spreadsheet.
Hi Adiwen,

I am an April applicant, although my application went in process June 23rd and no progress since then. I called CIC end July and confirmed my application was still in Sydney.

I travel often, around one travel every 2 months. I am self employed.

I guess this may have triggered something with CIC and they are spending more time on my application :(

I am from Montreal.

Lets cross fingers and hope for the best.

You might try and call CIC to find out if your file is still in Sydney or not. I called them 1st, they did not want to give me any news. I called them a 2nd time saying that I can not access my online status (which actually was not true...) and the agent agreed to give me some updates, I asked him at the end if it is trasferred to local office and he said no, that the application is still in Sydney.

Good luck

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Simp said:
Hi All,

Congrats to everyone who is getting their letters.

I applied in march and received AOR on 28th march and then in process on June 26 but after that no progress and i am an applicant from Kingston.

So any thoughts.When i called to Citizenship Canada,the person said to me that we are not allowed to tell anything about what is online status and normal processing time is 2 yrs for applicant before Aprl 2015.

I really don't know where we stand and what should be the next step so it has been just 2 months for in process status.

Any thoughts ll be appreciated.

Thanks
I am in the same boat, my app is in process since June 23rd and no progress since then.

I called CIC (please check my previous post) and they confirmed it is still in Sydney...

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Millu said:
Havent have too much time to update here :/
Work and kids keep me busy :p

I got called to the citizenship test and i attended this past Monday.
It was very straightforward test and went very smoothly. Passed and after that my documents reviewed and talked with the officer.

I will be getting a call to the Oath in 2-3months he said :)

whoopwhoop
Hi Millu, how was the test? Was it hard? Im a little nervous. My test will be on Monday Aug 31. I hope i can make it. I have read the book probably 5 times now.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I too am giving my test with my wife on Aug 31/Tomorrow at 1.00 pm Edmonton office. All the best for the test.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
applicant361 said:
the spreadsheet not working, can someone fix it please?
The spreadsheet seems to be working fine, could you be more specific about the issue you are facing?

adiwen

Aug 26, 2015
Babi22 said:
Hi Adiwen,

I am an April applicant, although my application went in process June 23rd and no progress since then. I called CIC end July and confirmed my application was still in Sydney.

I travel often, around one travel every 2 months. I am self employed.

I guess this may have triggered something with CIC and they are spending more time on my application :(

I am from Montreal.

Lets cross fingers and hope for the best.

You might try and call CIC to find out if your file is still in Sydney or not. I called them 1st, they did not want to give me any news. I called them a 2nd time saying that I can not access my online status (which actually was not true...) and the agent agreed to give me some updates, I asked him at the end if it is trasferred to local office and he said no, that the application is still in Sydney.

Good luck
Hey Babi22,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just going to coast till I hear something from CIC.

I really don't see a point in worrying until I hear something and calling the call centre right now. Their processing times say I should be done before March 2016 so I'll just be patient.

From what I know, Sydney won't flag you for things like that. They are only responsible for a preliminary check to make sure your documents are in order (I may be wrong). Good luck either way.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try using another internet web application,, safari or google chrome or even fire fox,, i have had the same issue.

applicant361 said:
the spreadsheet not working, can someone fix it please?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Just did my test and interview today. It went well but they asked the original copy of my IELTS and i explained that i sent the original before together with my pr application. The officer said if they need some additional documents they will let me know within 1 month but if not and all in good shape they will send me the letter to attend the oath taking ceremony. I hope so....

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Any March applicant from Toronto/GTA get a test invite or RQ or something besides "In Process"? It's been 2.5 months- i just hope it's all good.

ONAP

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
Doc's Request.
05-09-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2012
Lux et Veritas said:
Any March applicant from Toronto/GTA get a test invite or RQ or something besides "In Process"? It's been 2.5 months- i just hope it's all good.
nope, we are all waiting I guess since June and no change in status

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The wife and I passed our tests. They have asked me to submit color photocopies of all the pages of my passports. They will check Toronto if we entered in 2011 Oct as we were on PR and no stamps on our passport. Oath should be within 2 to 4 months.