Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I had very limited time to prepare for the test, but I downloaded the audio file of the book, and listened to it constantly (in addition to having read it 3 times, and taken all of the practise tests I could find at least 3 times). I also watched the news (The National, CBC) to create context for the information I learned. You've lived here for 3+ years. You have a lot of the pieces, but you need to be able to string together the story of Canada in a logical and ordered fashion. Dates can be important some of us have had them on our questions, but the strong advice of the CIC is best -- the Guide is the best resource. If you know what's in there, then you're going to be ok:)

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have my citizenship test planned on 8th in Ottawa.Someone mentioned me that it takes 2-3 hours for all the procedure there ? any thoughts ?

Secondly if they will call me and my wife together or we have to separate ?

Thirdly i have very often travelled to US for short trips ,most of the us stamps are their and basically Canada border agency does not stamp the passport since 2013 so entry is not there,i have made an XL sheet for all my stamps and exits from Canada and entry ,do you think it is enough or they go in a very detail ?

Thanks for your help

s

zemm

Oct 7, 2015
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anyone in Calgary going for the test on Oct 13?

Citizenship Timeline -
App Sent: 18-Mar-2015 (Canada Post)
App Recd: 23-Mar-2015
AOR in eMail: 07-Apr-2015
eCAS Activated:
Processing Started:24-June-2015
File Transferred:
Test Date:13-Oct-2015
Oath Date:

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did our test in Edmonton. Wife n I both did the interview together. The officer minutely went through my stamps and later asked me to color photocopy all the pages of my passport and mail it to them. Hope this helps.

Simp said:
Hi Everyone,

I have my citizenship test planned on 8th in Ottawa.Someone mentioned me that it takes 2-3 hours for all the procedure there ? any thoughts ?

Secondly if they will call me and my wife together or we have to separate ?

Thirdly i have very often travelled to US for short trips ,most of the us stamps are their and basically Canada border agency does not stamp the passport since 2013 so entry is not there,i have made an XL sheet for all my stamps and exits from Canada and entry ,do you think it is enough or they go in a very detail ?

Thanks for your help

s

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
samreentariq said:
Hi Wadood,

Please refer to the following thread, you can draw your own conclusions if you want to send extra documents or not. Personally I did not send anything extra and believe it should be that way.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-additional-documents-with-initial-application-noa-t4s-etc-t272341.0.html
Hi .. Can I ask you a question please when u came in to Canada in July 2012 how come u have applied for citizenship in January 2015 as then u don't meet 1095 days plz ?

jeanmtl

Oct 7, 2015
anybody else in this case?
I am still waiting and it is driving me crazy- what s next? just waiting for another exam date?

it seems that I have a similar case than the user "ThenCameTheMorning"
on the March 2015 Citizenship Applicants spreadsheet
any way to contact him/her?

Thanks for your help,

Citizenship Timeline:
Application Received => 19-MAR-2015
AOR in Email => 01-APR-2015
Processing Started => 28-MAY-2015
File Transferred => 18-JUN-2015, MONTREAL
Test Date => 05-AUG-2015, CIC status checked 11-AUG-2015, they said they sent letter 17-JUL-2015 , I never got the letter
request for another test sent => 12-AUG-2015
Test Date #2=>
DM =>
OATH =>

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
What documents exactly are we to bring to the citizenship test?

They said docs submitted with the application but i cant remember wat they are.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
zaig said:
Hi .. Can I ask you a question please when u came in to Canada in July 2012 how come u have applied for citizenship in January 2015 as then u don't meet 1095 days plz ?
Is it for me? I am in Canada since 2009

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Andrew.

i had my test done today and went well so in Ottawa they ask for separate interviews after u pass the test.

the officer just matched the passport stamps with the resident calculator ( i had basically many ) but she was patient and did not ask for anything just other than normal job and family stuff.

after that she said no concern.And when i asked what next so she said we will send for review and that is all.

so am not sure what it means ??? she did wrote on application no concern though. i think it is just the way to say either things done and file after reviewing ll be sent with oath letter or smiting else ???

any thoughts

s

andrew7007 said:
We did our test in Edmonton. Wife n I both did the interview together. The officer minutely went through my stamps and later asked me to color photocopy all the pages of my passport and mail it to them. Hope this helps.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simp said:
Thanks Andrew.

i had my test done today and went well so in Ottawa they ask for separate interviews after u pass the test.

the officer just matched the passport stamps with the resident calculator ( i had basically many ) but she was patient and did not ask for anything just other than normal job and family stuff.

after that she said no concern.And when i asked what next so she said we will send for review and that is all.

so am not sure what it means ??? she did wrote on application no concern though. i think it is just the way to say either things done and file after reviewing ll be sent with oath letter or smiting else ???

any thoughts

s
Simp, the CIC officer who talked to us (my wife and I @ Ottawa) said, he did not have any issues with our application and he will approve it. Oath will be 2-3 months. He did not say anything about a review or anything.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To us she said as well that no concern but did not mention anything about oath.

So i assume every citizenship officer has different way to tell.To my understanding She might have meant by review for decision stuff or whatever.

Do they tell if they have any concern ?

S
hgn said:
Simp, the CIC officer who talked to us (my wife and I @ Ottawa) said, he did not have any issues with our application and he will approve it. Oath will be 2-3 months. He did not say anything about a review or anything.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think when citizenship officer has checked ur passport she gave me a letter to sign it and over this letter she wrote no concern.

So i assume this letter goes to citizenship judge and he or she signs the final decision.

Some citizenship officers are though straight to tell that you ll get the oath in la la wks and some just give standard statements.

So question is if they have to send you Resident questionnaire,dint they tell you at interview ??

S

Simp said:
To us she said as well that no concern but did not mention anything about oath.

So i assume every citizenship officer has different way to tell.To my understanding She might have meant by review for decision stuff or whatever.

Do they tell if they have any concern ?

S

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
we did our test today and we passed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

the test questions didn't look like the ones on the practice tests

we were told that we will receive a letter n the mail in te next 1 to 3 months

the test is not hard you just have to read the book lots of times don't ignore the captions under the photos some questions were abut things only mentioned in the captions

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!! All the best for the Oath letter!
glowingheart said:
we did our test today and we passed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

the test questions didn't look like the ones on the practice tests

we were told that we will receive a letter n the mail in te next 1 to 3 months

the test is not hard you just have to read the book lots of times don't ignore the captions under the photos some questions were abut things only mentioned in the captions

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
andrew7007 said:
Congratulations!! All the best for the Oath letter!
Thanks altho I just checked my mail box and there was a letter fro CIC requesting fingerprints
it was dated yesterday

guess one more step