25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Lux et Veritas said:
Wording is ambiguous unfortunately- made it seem like RQs will still take 36 months or less but hope you're right.
Unfortunately, it is clearly stated on the website that non-routine applications have a different time frame.

" If your application is non-routine, it will take longer to process. The current typical processing time for non-routine applications is 36 months. Some will be processed faster than this. "

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys In a nutshell, All routine applications will be processed within 12 months henceforth from the time application received effective April 1, 2015. Correct me if I am wrong.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
woohoo I got a phone call today to verify my email address and they sent me the invitation letter test by email it will be in the 5 th of august in Montreal ;D

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Guys In a nutshell, All routine applications will be processed within 12 months henceforth from the time application received effective April 1, 2015. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct !

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I notice is that the note that no routine applications could last up to 36 months is only for us, who applied before April 1st. For those who applied after April it's promised to be lees than 1 year for the 100% of the cases.

Btw .... what happened on April 1st?
I can understand if they make distinction between before and after June 11, 2015 because of the new law but why April 1st ??? ???

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
This is incorrect, non-routine applications can take up to 36 months regardless of the date you applied.

randymcnab

Jul 17, 2015
Good morning everyone. I'm looking for some advice.

Basically my father is Canadian born in quesnel. I was born in England in 1990. And my mother is English. I've read every page on the cic website to see about my eligibility for citizenship but I'm still hazy. Have tweeted as well but they keep referring me back to the confusing "are you a citizen page"

Could anyone let me know if its worth applying for citizenship right off or not?. Just don't want to waste $75.

Thank you.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randymcnab said:

Basically my father is Canadian born in quesnel. I was born in England in 1990. And my mother is English. I've read every page on the cic website to see about my eligibility for citizenship but I'm still hazy. Have tweeted as well but they keep referring me back to the confusing "are you a citizen page"

Could anyone let me know if its worth applying for citizenship right off or not?. Just don't want to waste $75.

Thank you.
You are eligible to become Canadian because your father was Canadian by birth (born in Canada).

Btw ... you're in the wrong thread.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Why bother? You already have a privileged citizenship. Unless you're from a country whose citizens get discriminated by Canada and other western countries, it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not you get citizenship.

Save your $75 for your next backpacking trip. :)

randymcnab said:

Thank you.

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neutral said:
What I notice is that the note that no routine applications could last up to 36 months is only for us, who applied before April 1st. For those who applied after April it's promised to be lees than 1 year for the 100% of the cases.

Btw .... what happened on April 1st?
I can understand if they make distinction between before and after June 11, 2015 because of the new law but why April 1st ??? ???
Hi,

You're NOT right about the new CIC processing times. You will see the tone used by the CIC is very qualified. That's why those numbers are mentioned as merely "estimates" for 80% of the cases, so actual times may still vary. As for why the April 1st cut-off date? That's because the fiscal year (used by govt.) runs from April 1st through March 31, and according to its projections announced last year, CIC had promised to bring processing times for routine apps. to less than 1 year starting current fiscal year ( 2015-2016). The cut-off date is merely a mark that tells you how CIC's projection for faster processing standards is performing. And so far CIC does seem to be on taget for reducing processing times. The April 1st doesn't bring you any good or bad luck!

So basically what means is estimated processing times for routine apps. has dropped from previous 24 mo to 12 mo now. However, some 20% applicants would still experience delays of some sorts with RQers experiencing delays of 36 mo or even more!

Hope that explains your question.

randymcnab

Jul 17, 2015
Apologies for being in the wrong thread but it wouldn't let me start a new topic for some reason. And thanks for the replies too. Just need to figure out how to get the correct travel documents now and I'll be headed over in the new year!

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Not sure what CIC s doing in the System.
Till yesterday it was showing my correct current home address.
Now when I logged online in CAS, its showing my current home address
as home address I had used during my spousal sponsorship 3 yrs back.
Not sure what they are doing in the system after IN Process. It is creating
so much confusion. kindly inform if someone witnessed something similar.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
godhelp said:
Call CIC and they should be able to help you.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
godhelp said:
Isn't it obvious? CIC doesn't give a rat's @ss about anything, including maintaining their IT systems. So what that they have arbitrarily increased the fees from $100 to $650 in 2 years? They obviously don't need the money to invest in their excellent IT infrastructure. I mean their eCAS system is so awesome, accurate and reliable.

CIC is focused way too much on making things difficult for the majority of genuine applicants to weed out a handful of bad applicants.