March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ymassimi said:
Hi Everyone,

I have sent my applications on January 25, I have checked my eCAS on April 1 and got the following message:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2015

I haven't received though any email for AOR, is this normal?

appreciate your feedback

YM
Yes, not the normal case but still possible. They might sent the AOR to a wrong email.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
ymassimi said:
Hi Everyone,

I have sent my applications on January 25, I have checked my eCAS on April 1 and got the following message:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2015

appreciate your feedback

YM
How did you check your eCAS without receiving AOR, with your PR card number..?

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
ymassimi said:
Hi Everyone,

appreciate your feedback

YM

Looks like your eCAS got activated before the AOR was sent out. As they only say recd your application on March 17. If they had sent out an AOR, another line would say "We have sent you an acknowledgement of receipt on _______ (date) , please consider the delay in the mail etc......."

Just give them a few days to update the eCAS.

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Just for everyone's information, I called CIC yesterday and the recorded message under status of citizenship application is as follows:
"If your application was received or mailed after March 17, 2015, we are yet not processing the same."

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Sonia08 said:
Just for everyone's information, I called CIC yesterday and the recorded message under status of citizenship application is as follows:
"If your application was received or mailed after March 17, 2015, we are yet not processing the same."
Thanks for information. You mean that AOR will be delayed for who sent their applications after March 17, 2015..?

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called the CIC call center to enquire about my application. As expected, the guy was clueless. He couldn't confirm that my application was received or returned. No justification for the delay. In short, they have no mention of it in their records whatsoever. Probably was never touched since it arrived their office. Very inefficient and disappointing system :mad:

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
asaif said:
Just called the CIC call center to enquire about my application. As expected, the guy was clueless. He couldn't confirm that my application was received or returned. No justification for the delay. In short, they have no mention of it in their records whatsoever. Probably was never touched since it arrived their office. Very inefficient and disappointing system :mad:
I agree with you. So what are you going to do next..

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
asaif said:
Nothing to be done other than waiting. Just letting off some steam :(
Good luck. I am just asking because afraid that they did not receive our applications (as they don't appear on the system), and time elapsed till new rules..is it possible or I am so worried. By the way I am one of April applicants...

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
I was waiting to receive the AOR by mail, we got it by email a long time ago and status said it was sent of Mar 22..

Now today, we got a RQ..... :( :( :(
I was kind of expecting it, as we have been away for longer than a year during the 4 years, but according to the guidelines should have still been ok. Hubby was always employed in Canada during this time and we kept our residential address. We went away for a sabbatical and he is a university Professor, employed by the Canadian Government. It;s basically a work mission abroad.

I am so pissed right now. I did not want to leave for that long, and now I feel that it will jeopardize my possibility to become Canadien..

How long will this prolong the whole process? We have to file additional information within 45 days now.

I logged in online and it sais our application is in process. Which surprises me when I read that no ones application is in process now that sent in the application end of February.
Also, the RQ was sent from the VAncouver office, which means the files were transferred already.

Any good thoughts and input are very welcomed.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rakiura74 said:
I was waiting to receive the AOR by mail, we got it by email a long time ago and status said it was sent of Mar 22..

Now today, we got a RQ..... :( :( :(
I was kind of expecting it, as we have been away for longer than a year during the 4 years, but according to the guidelines should have still been ok. Hubby was always employed in Canada during this time and we kept our residential address. We went away for a sabbatical and he is a university Professor, employed by the Canadian Government. It;s basically a work mission abroad.

I am so pissed right now. I did not want to leave for that long, and now I feel that it will jeopardize my possibility to become Canadien..

How long will this prolong the whole process? We have to file additional information within 45 days now.

I logged in online and it sais our application is in process. Which surprises me when I read that no ones application is in process now that sent in the application end of February.
Also, the RQ was sent from the VAncouver office, which means the files were transferred already.

Any good thoughts and input are very welcomed.
Hi, sorry to hear that...

How did you get the RQ, by email?

RQs are handled differently based on the issue, so sorry, could not advise you.

The best option is to satisfy CIC with what they require and within the time period stated.

Rakiura74

Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-03-2015
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
hgn said:
Hi, sorry to hear that...

How did you get the RQ, by email?

RQs are handled differently based on the issue, so sorry, could not advise you.

The best option is to satisfy CIC with what they require and within the time period stated.
We did get the RQ by letter mail. I just checked, it was sent off from Sydney, NS, but it sais in the letter that we have to send back the additional information to the Vancouver Office.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Good luck. I am just asking because afraid that they did not receive our applications (as they don't appear on the system), and time elapsed till new rules..is it possible or I am so worried. By the way I am one of April applicants...
Unfortunately, it is very possible. This is exactly what worries me: the application is mailed back and arrives late or lost in the way. I don't care much what happens after the AOR. Whether my application takes 6 months or a year is not a big issue. I'm not going anywhere soon. I just want to avoid the 4/6 rule which will make me ineligible to apply for another year and a half.