+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MS.COLORS said:
Hi, everyone.
I wend to border last night and did landing at Niagara falls.
Thank you very much for all the support and information!!
Here is my time line.

March 20th, 2014 Sent Application
April 25th, 2014 Sponsor Approved
August 5th, 2014 Passport and additional documents request
August 27th, 2014 In process
October 3rd, 2014 Decision made
October 14th, 2014 COPR received (It was sent on 8th and PR was issued on 1st on the document.)

I hope all the best for everyone in this forum!
Congratulations and thank you for providing the timeline from when visa issued to when CORP was received. This information is good for us since my wife is also in Canada and going through the Manila VO. Can you tell me if DHL delivered the package?

MS.COLORS

Apr 25, 2014
It actually went very smoothly.
I went to the Rainbow Bridge around 9pm. I crossed the bridge and told the US officer that I just got PR for Canada, he wrote my name and birthday etc on the paper and told me to bring it with CORP.
I went straight back to Canada side and show my documents, the officer told me to go to the other side of the building to finish up the process.

There were only a few people and I was called right away.
I gave her CORP, my passport and the paper from the US. The officer was typing something on the computer for a little while and called me again and asked if I convicted any crime and a few more basic questions. And then I signed on the CORP and it was done!!!
Whole thing at the building took me only 10 minutes or so.

I definitely think that it was good idea to go there at night because the building wasnt that big and it was obvious that if there were many people, I would have waited long.
The officer wasn't that friendly but not mean at all.

I hope this helps!

MS.COLORS

Apr 25, 2014
O_guy said:
Congratulations and thank you for providing the timeline from when visa issued to when CORP was received. This information is good for us since my wife is also in Canada and going through the Manila VO. Can you tell me if DHL delivered the package?
Thank you!!!
Yes, DHL delivered. They needed my sign so they will bring it back to the office if you aren't at home.
Hope youll get the package soon!!!!!!!!!

Micah-lei

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2014
Med's Done....
February 25, 2014
Passport Req..
August 21, 2014 - in process: October 20, 2014, DM: December 6,2014
VISA ISSUED...
December 3, 2014
LANDED..........
January 18, 2015
Hi there! Can i ask something from anyone here? Given the table for PR, application received falls under "in process" and medical received under "decision made", i am very much confuse about the two.. Do i need to wait "application received" be change to "in process" as the status??

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Micah-lei said:
Hi there! Can i ask something from anyone here? Given the table for PR, application received falls under "in process" and medical received under "decision made", i am very much confuse about the two.. Do i need to wait "application received" be change to "in process" as the status??
First, you will see "Application Received" in your ECAS and then it eventually changes to "In Process" and then it hopefully changes to "Decision Made" if all goes well with your application.

M

mikeymyke

Yes, and one thing to watch out for is, if you go from In Process to Application Received, that means you likely have an interview.

ComeHomeAlready

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 27, 2014
AOR Received.
May 13, 2014
File Transfer...
May 23, 2014 Add Doc Req..: May 28, 2014
Interview........
Sept 29, 2014 In Progress.....: Oct 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Oct 16, 2014 Decision Made.: Oct 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 22, 2014 (dropped off at VAC in Algiers Oct 19, 2014)
LANDED..........
Oct 30, 2014
We dropped off the passport Sunday in Algiers.
The Paris office wasn't open though, so they should get it today.

ECAS updated to Decision made some time in the last couple of hours.

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally Decision Made!.... We got PPR last week too, my wife submitted the passport to VFS office today. :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ComeHomeAlready said:
We dropped off the passport Sunday in Algiers.
The Paris office wasn't open though, so they should get it today.

ECAS updated to Decision made some time in the last couple of hours.
Congrats!! I noticed you are not on the spreadsheet. Would you like to be added?

ComeHomeAlready

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 27, 2014
AOR Received.
May 13, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 30, 2014
Thank you!

Yes, please.
I appreciate that.

I found reading the posts on here to be very helpful and the timelines were reassuring.
We're hoping to have a hand in helping someone out in the future by sharing ours.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ComeHomeAlready said:
Thank you!

Yes, please.
I appreciate that.

I found reading the posts on here to be very helpful and the timelines were reassuring.
We're hoping to have a hand in helping someone out in the future by sharing ours.
I added you on the spreadsheet, Row 66.

M

mikeymyke

An update, passport has left Singapore VO today, on its way to Vietnam now. Hopefully she will get the visa on Friday because we're planning on going through a travel agent to buy her ticket home the very same day she gets the visa.

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Singapore, on 21/10/2014 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
mikeymyke said:
An update, passport has left Singapore VO today, on its way to Vietnam now. Hopefully she will get the visa on Friday because we're planning on going through a travel agent to buy her ticket home the very same day she gets the visa.
Your quote that says "Your passport has been dispatched...", where did that come from? Did they send you an email saying that, or was it on the ECAS site? I'm just curious to get a feeling for when the passport will arrive be couriered back after DM.

M

mikeymyke

Gumby749 said:
Your quote that says "Your passport has been dispatched...", where did that come from? Did they send you an email saying that, or was it on the ECAS site? I'm just curious to get a feeling for when the passport will arrive be couriered back after DM.
Hey Gumby

It came from the Vfs global website. My wife was instructed by CIC to use their service to send the passport. That company then gave us a tracking number which we can use

ComeHomeAlready

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 27, 2014
AOR Received.
May 13, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 30, 2014
We have a tracking number also.
So far it has told us when it left the VAC to the Paris office and when Paris received it.
Also when Paris sent it back.
I like the over-information.
We were able to set it up as a text so we can get away from the computers too.

We're hoping tomorrow that it can be picked up and our family reunion can take place next week :)