Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
My husband and I feel like sending them an email just to inquire. The last activity we had was when They sent us a PGR (police and background checks) request August 5th. We got it done and sent that in August 25th. However the letter said they received our application April 9. So I don't know what date to calculate 6 months. His medical expires feb so I hope things get moving soon.
once my husband emails the signed forms I can apply for the ATIP notes.

agarand8 said:
I am and there was one other person but they got PPR right away so they haven't been active since. Have you received any communication from the Mexico office at all other than AOR 2? When did you get your AOR 2?

Edit: just remembered you sent your pgr at the end of August. Ok I dunno what yours said but my aor from the Mexico office said that they typically process our type of applications in 6 months so if I don't hear anything within 6 months I should contact their office. For me, my last communication with them was in July, so if I don't hear anything else by December/January I'm going to send them something asking what's going on. But I did order GCMS notes on sept 29 so I'll have that too. Maybe you should order some too, just so you aren't completely in the dark.

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
Congrats Mikey. Singapore sure does speed things up...at least for the solid ones. Your wife will get the copr any day now.

Btw yesterday was last day at work for my wife. She is all packed. Tday will go to hospital to get letter from doctor saying she wont have baby next 36 hours haha. I have taken off work on Tuesday becuase she lands so late monday night. Very excited for many reasons these days.

Koifish76
That baby letter made me laugh! Wow I can't imagine the feeling you guys must feel now. I remember having that same feeling when my wife came here on a TRV last month, just waiting at Vancouver for her to arrive, and seeing her chubby cheeked face again made me feel great. And now we get to do that again in Edmonton!

Really happy for you guys!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
WE GOT DECISION MADE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update the spreadsheet please O_guy or agrand!
Done! Congrats. I think they made this decision when they gave your wife the visitor visa. I have never read about a situation where a spouse was giving visitor visa to visit her husband but then had any difficulty getting PR.

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
mikeymyke said:
That baby letter made me laugh! Wow I can't imagine the feeling you guys must feel now. I remember having that same feeling when my wife came here on a TRV last month, just waiting at Vancouver for her to arrive, and seeing her chubby cheeked face again made me feel great. And now we get to do that again in Edmonton!

Really happy for you guys!
Congrats mikeymike, I got DM and PPR too this week :D although wifes TRV was rejected... :)

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Hey everyone, posted a couple weeks back that we got my wife's passport back with her COPR October 2nd. Couple someone please updated the spreadsheet. We will land in Canada January 20th.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiamNorwich said:
Hey everyone, posted a couple weeks back that we got my wife's passport back with her COPR October 2nd. Couple someone please updated the spreadsheet. We will land in Canada January 20th.
Sorry for not updating when you posted that. Sometimes I check this site on my IPhone and cannot access the spreadsheet. Hopefully I will remember to read your post again when I'm in the computer a bit later.

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
We just got Decision Made (DM) today, the 17th of October, it wasn't there yesterday, but it was today. Yay! The wifely unit freaked out just a bit, you could probably hear her scream of happiness in China! Just a couple of questions:

1. It said decision made on the CIC website, but didn't say what the decision was. When/how do we find this out?

2. Roughly how long does it take to get the passport back? She would love to attend a wedding back in the Philippines next week, but for that she will need her passport. Is there any realistic hope that the passport will be back by then?

3. Her medical expires on 09 Jan 2015, I assume that we will have to land sometime before then?

Thanks for any suggestions that you have.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Hi all! I have just started using this forum, so I have a question. First, my timeline (maybe I can be added to the spreadsheet):

CIC received our application on March 12, 2014, and we have received an e-mail on April 10 that they have received it (I guess that is when they did the completeness check? )
On April 30 my husband has been approved as a sponsor, and my part of the application has been forwarded to Vienna. I did my medical in January, I don't remember the date, but in the second half, and the on-line service says the medical results have been received.

Since then, nothing. It just says "Application received" :(

My question is, what do I expect next? Does this mean they still haven't started working on my application, stage 2? I am kind-of feeling bad, since the Vienna processing time is 17 months now :(

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiamNorwich said:
Updated your spreadsheet. Congrats. January 20th is in the middle of Winter, so prepare for cold weather.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumby749 said:
We just got Decision Made (DM) today, the 17th of October, it wasn't there yesterday, but it was today. Yay! The wifely unit freaked out just a bit, you could probably hear her scream of happiness in China! Just a couple of questions:

1. It said decision made on the CIC website, but didn't say what the decision was. When/how do we find this out?

2. Roughly how long does it take to get the passport back? She would love to attend a wedding back in the Philippines next week, but for that she will need her passport. Is there any realistic hope that the passport will be back by then?

3. Her medical expires on 09 Jan 2015, I assume that we will have to land sometime before then?

Thanks for any suggestions that you have.
1. ECAS never say what the decision is. But getting DM without interview request can only mean one thing, she is approved for PR.
2. From what I read on this forum, it widely varies how long it takes to get the passport back. Don't make any plans (i.e. buying airline tickets) until the passport is in her hand.
3. Yes, she has to land prior to the expiration of the medical as many people mentioned on these forum.

Congrats.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spaceexp said:
Hi all! I have just started using this forum, so I have a question. First, my timeline (maybe I can be added to the spreadsheet):

CIC received our application on March 12, 2014, and we have received an e-mail on April 10 that they have received it (I guess that is when they did the completeness check? )
On April 30 my husband has been approved as a sponsor, and my part of the application has been forwarded to Vienna. I did my medical in January, I don't remember the date, but in the second half, and the on-line service says the medical results have been received.

Since then, nothing. It just says "Application received" :(

My question is, what do I expect next? Does this mean they still haven't started working on my application, stage 2? I am kind-of feeling bad, since the Vienna processing time is 17 months now :(
Welcome to the forum. I have added you on the spreadsheet, row 65.

Yes, most likely they have not started working on your application. As soon as they start to work on it at the Vienna VO, your ECAS should change to "In Process". So basically that is what you are waiting for. Don't believe the 17-month processing time. According to the CIC website Singapore VO takes 31 months to process spouse sponsorship application and yet there are March Applicants who have already received Decision Made from Singapore VO. The processing times shown on the CIC website is how long it took to process application LAST fiscal year. Understand that the last fiscal year included strike by Canadian visa office workers world wide. Bottom line, don't pay any attention to the processing times on the CIC website.

If you want to know if they are doing anything with your application, your sponsor can order GCMS notes http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
LiamNorwich said:
We are landing Jan 21st :)

M

mikeymyke

Congrats to everyone who got DMs! Calgary_man especially, I remember you had many problems from the start, just like Koifish. But the both of you had super fast processing at the 2nd visa office.

Really glad that a lot of us now can enjoy a nice Christmas and New Years with our spouses this year!

MS.COLORS

Apr 25, 2014
Hi, everyone.
I wend to border last night and did landing at Niagara falls.
Thank you very much for all the support and information!!
Here is my time line.

March 20th, 2014 Sent Application
April 25th, 2014 Sponsor Approved
August 5th, 2014 Passport and additional documents request
August 27th, 2014 In process
October 3rd, 2014 Decision made
October 14th, 2014 COPR received (It was sent on 8th and PR was issued on 1st on the document.)

I hope all the best for everyone in this forum!

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
MS.COLORS said:
Hi, everyone.
I wend to border last night and did landing at Niagara falls.
Thank you very much for all the support and information!!
Here is my time line.

March 20th, 2014 Sent Application
April 25th, 2014 Sponsor Approved
August 5th, 2014 Passport and additional documents request
August 27th, 2014 In process
October 3rd, 2014 Decision made
October 14th, 2014 COPR received (It was sent on 8th and PR was issued on 1st on the document.)

I hope all the best for everyone in this forum!

Can you just tell us what the landing procedure was like, how long it took, what paperwork you needed, what you would do differently, etc?