Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Wow. I can't recall ever seeing on here what has just transcribed. This is a forum to help others and share opinions and experience. Rhcohen, O_Guy and I were just sharing our analysis and our opinions.

I think the main point he was making to me, was that all applicants who sent in passports since feb have not got them back. It was an interesting point. He then mentioned that if he were in charge, he would fix this...

Lets put it this way. If the visa offices were switched, and you were checking day after day when persons prior to you submitted passport, and that none have got them back, and then you see other offices return passports in a fraction of the time, including those who submit passport months after, someone, or at least most persons would have the right to say (I mean write, on a public forum) what they would like to do differently or change.

I hope you see how your posts have come across (disrespectful and attacking were the first two words which came to my mind) and perhaps tomorrow after a good sleep you will see that O_Guy didn't say or do anything to deserve your responses.

You both and I mean this sincerely, have offered so much to many many people, myself included, defended us, corrected us, showed us how to fix problems and it is you both who we all will remember your names long past our last post on here.

Let this be forgotten and may everyone continue to have a speedy process to be with our loved ones.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i wish you much luck in your process and hope you all land successfully sooner than you anticipate.
i will choose to focus my energies on other threads.

PEACE OUT!

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
08-07-2014 and 16-07-2014
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
10-04-2014 and SA received
Med's Done....
24-03-2014 - Upfront ECAS updated Medical rec'd July 7, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
LANDED..........
ECAS updated to Decision Made Aug 15 2014 - rec'd COPR in the mail Aug 21 2014, LANDED Sept 14 2014
ECAS has been finally changed to " in process " after multiple requests from CIC for information and clarification.

I am hoping that this is a positive sign towards my husband receiving COPR !!! yay ! ;D

Thought I would share our update...the board looks like it needs some good news today. :D

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
LANDED..........
ECAS updated to Decision Made Aug 15 2014 - rec'd COPR in the mail Aug 21 2014, LANDED Sept 14 2014
CanadianSunshine said:
ECAS has been finally changed to " in process " after multiple requests from CIC for information and clarification.

I am hoping that this is a positive sign towards my husband receiving COPR !!! yay ! ;D

Thought I would share our update...the board looks like it needs some good news today. :D
OMG...I just checked the CIC website before heading to bed and it has been updated to DECISION MADE !!! :eek:

I hope it is good news !!! ;D ....... Now we wait for an email or COPR in the mail !!!

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Hi everyone! This is the wife posting..
Through all the excitement we haven't got the chance to post on here..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My husband got his passport back with the visa on August 14 and the flight is booked!!! We are sooo happy to be finally getting to see each other again in less than 3 weeks!! Thank you everyone for all your kind words and support, we will still pass by here regularly to see how everyone is doing and offer any support that we can, praying for speedy processing and positive news for everyone!

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
CONGRATS!... ;D

Obronibini said:
Hi everyone! This is the wife posting..
Through all the excitement we haven't got the chance to post on here..
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My husband got his passport back with the visa on August 14 and the flight is booked!!! We are sooo happy to be finally getting to see each other again in less than 3 weeks!! Thank you everyone for all your kind words and support, we will still pass by here regularly to see how everyone is doing and offer any support that we can, praying for speedy processing and positive news for everyone!

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
I am sure it will arrive soon.. :)

CanadianSunshine said:
OMG...I just checked the CIC website before heading to bed and it has been updated to DECISION MADE !!! :eek:

I hope it is good news !!! ;D ....... Now we wait for an email or COPR in the mail !!!

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
LANDED..........
Question for anyone from the board who has received a DECISION MADE...... did you receive an email the same day or after the ECAS website updated ? or did the COPR just show up in the mail ?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
CanadianSunshine said:
Question for anyone from the board who has received a DECISION MADE...... did you receive an email the same day or after the ECAS website updated ? or did the COPR just show up in the mail ?

I think it depends on the VO. For us, we got an email saying my husbands visa appears to be ready and to send in his passport the same day that it reached "IN PROCESS". So, he sent it the next day along with a return envelope and the following week, status changed to "DECISION MADE" and next thing we know within a couple days the courier has picked up the passport with visa and COPR without the VO sending us any email. For others who haven't sent a return envelope, it seems that they send out a "Your passport is ready for pickup" e-mail. This is only for Accra though and they aren't visa exempt so I assume yours would be different.

M

mikeymyke

Congrats Oboronibini!

Accra is known as a pretty tough VO with a high refusal rate (29% refusal rate for spouses), and you guys pulled through with flying colors. The VO didn't even send you an additional email, and just gave you the visa and COPR right away. Goes to show no matter how tough the VO is, as long as you prepare your application thoroughly and properly, good things can happen!

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never received
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
LANDED..........
Obronibini said:
I think it depends on the VO. For us, we got an email saying my husbands visa appears to be ready and to send in his passport the same day that it reached "IN PROCESS". So, he sent it the next day along with a return envelope and the following week, status changed to "DECISION MADE" and next thing we know within a couple days the courier has picked up the passport with visa and COPR without the VO sending us any email. For others who haven't sent a return envelope, it seems that they send out a "Your passport is ready for pickup" e-mail. This is only for Accra though and they aren't visa exempt so I assume yours would be different.
Thanks for the reply Obronibini, that helps me understand it a bit a better and yes the process is so different for everyone it seems. My husband is in the US so it is VISA exempt for Canada, we sent a copy of the passport a few weeks back when they requested it. Thanks again :D

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:
Congrats Oboronibini!

Accra is known as a pretty tough VO with a high refusal rate (29% refusal rate for spouses), and you guys pulled through with flying colors. The VO didn't even send you an additional email, and just gave you the visa and COPR right away. Goes to show no matter how tough the VO is, as long as you prepare your application thoroughly and properly, good things can happen!
Thank you Mikeymike!! Miracles definitely do happen.. I felt like the odds were going to be against us, it just goes to show that all that hard work and stress paid off. We can't wait to finally be together again!
Is your wife in Canada visiting yet? I feel like we prepared our applications in a similar manner, with similar ideas and attitudes towards the whole process, and I think you are going to hear good things sooner than later too, it's only a matter of time. Good luck to everyone, it's great to be seeing so much positive news on our thread :)

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Hey, I have a little update. Received this email today. :eek:

Dear Mr.XXXXXXXXX:

This refers to the sponsorship of your wife in Thailand.

Please provide this office with the following by email or regular mail/courier.
-proof of your return to Canada from your visit in April 2014 e.g. entry/exit stamps;
-proof of your intent to return to Canada e.g. job offer from your new employer.

Documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

You must comply with the above requirements within sixty days (60) from the date of this email/letter. Failure to comply may result in the refusal of your application.

It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your or your spouse’s address, contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status.

To assist with the review of your documents, please quote the above file number on all pages of your correspondence and include a copy of this email/letter with your submission. In addition, please submit all documents
· in one complete segment ie gather all required items to be sent once.

Once the above have been received, we will advise the outcome of the review and any next steps (which may not be immediately upon receipt of your response). Please wait to hear from us.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

So, this is basically asking for copy of passport (entry back in Canada). As well as proof of intent to return?

My question is, I haven't found a job yet. I did, but realized it was too far from family (job was in Gatineau), family lives in between Ottawa/Kingston. So, at the moment am unemployed. I have have lots of prospects, as I am a recent Grad from a difficult Dental Technology program.

I am currently living at parents home until I find work, then will find place to live once I know where I work. I was not expecting any letter like this as I was already approved as sponsor. I can't recall seeing anyone else getting something like this either. The file was only transferred to Sngapore in mid july, same time I landed back in Canada. I am now regretting not taking that job as it could prove difficult with the intent to live here (even though I am) haha.

So, if I send some bills with my address on it at my parents home, my recent diploma (from George Browns), copy of passport with entry stamp, and a letter explaining my plans regarding the job front, should this suffice?
Or should I wait a few weeks to a month, to secure a job, then send confirmation of employment? Only downside to waiting too long, is our application could likely be put back at the bottom of the pile. Same happened with last doc request during the sponsor part. I would hate to lose valuable time waiting, but also essential to provide enough proof to avoid refusal. I do have 60 days to respond.

Any advice will be welcome. What would you do?

PS. I was planning to send confirmation of job once I had one anyways, regardless of this email.

Koifish76

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
All I sent as proof of moving back was a letter written by me saying that I will return to Canada with my husband and kids when my husband gets PR. I explained we will live with my parents initially until we find jobs and a house of our own. My dad also wrote a letter saying he believed we were a genuine couple (ha after 8 years of marriage not even sure why we have to prove it) and that he was looking forward to us moving to Canada and that he was happy to have us stay with my mom and him.

I hope that is enough because that is all the proof I have really.... other than buying flights which I don't want to do until we are sure we can leave. Finding a job while overseas is a bit hard to do.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Canadianfairy said:
All I sent as proof of moving back was a letter written by me saying that I will return to Canada with my husband and kids when my husband gets PR. I explained we will live with my parents initially until we find jobs and a house of our own. My dad also wrote a letter saying he believed we were a genuine couple (ha after 8 years of marriage not even sure why we have to prove it) and that he was looking forward to us moving to Canada and that he was happy to have us stay with my mom and him.

I hope that is enough because that is all the proof I have really.... other than buying flights which I don't want to do until we are sure we can leave. Finding a job while overseas is a bit hard to do.
I already sent all that with original application. I think they think I am still in Thailand from my recent trip. I will just send proof I am back in Canada. I think the second request, is for those who are not in Canada currently, so they can provide intent. How can I provide intent I am here if I already am? Haha.