Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2014: In Process 13-8-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-8-2014; DM 17-8-2014: VISA Received 29-8-2014
LANDED..........
Oct.5
pinay_G said:
My husband(sponsor) died july 16,2014 due to cardiac, I am very sad that I am alone now.Even he is not longer with me I will still continue tplove him with all my heart.I don't know what will happen now to my application.do you guys know about situation like this, that the sponsor die in the middle of the processessing?thank you and I will appreciate your reply
Sorry for your lost. Na inform mo na ba ang CEM? Hope they will grant you visitor VISA soon as possible to attend the funeral of your husband.

oferoo

May 22, 2014
Tdot
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2014
LANDED..........
In December
Folks--Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my wife's PR application. I sent my sponsorship application to Mississauga back in March 6, 2014. By the grace of God, the process was completed and my wife received a passport request yesterday from Singapore VO. Thank you all so much for all the information you guys have provided in this forum. Keep up the great work!

BTW, do you guys happen to know how long does it take to get the passport stamped? My wife will be sending it from Bangladesh.

Thanks again all!

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
oferoo said:
Folks--Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my wife's PR application. I sent my sponsorship application to Mississauga back in March 6, 2014. By the grace of God, the process was completed and my wife received a passport request yesterday from Singapore VO. Thank you all so much for all the information you guys have provided in this forum. Keep up the great work!

BTW, do you guys happen to know how long does it take to get the passport stamped? My wife will be sending it from Bangladesh.

Thanks again all!
Singapore ? I bet mike will be excited to hear this ... Congrats

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
Hey thanks to everyone here for the well wishes! We were just as surprised as you, despite the huge odds of being refused (TRV from a high overstay risk country: Vietnam, married to a Canadian), but we're so ecstatic about being approved for it. Yes she got an email that confirms the TRV has been approved, and she was also instructed to go pick up her passport this afternoon (her time), so I won't know myself whether she got a single entry or multiple, or for how long it's valid, but I'll know after I wake up tomorrow, and I"ll keep you guys posted!

I think after this TRV application became approved from a tough country, I'm convinced more so than ever, that having a detailed and comprehensive application package can overcome long processing times and overcome obstacles like red flags, whether its a PR or TRV. My wife's red flags with the TRV are that she is married to a Canadian, is from Vietnam, and does not own property or a business, just has a bank account with money. CIC says the avg. processing time for TRVs in her country is 36 days, but she got approved in 16 days with no interview or request for additional docs.

Both of us really worked hard on the TRV (my wife took a couple days off to work on it), we sent in a lot of extra documents that CIC did not ask for, such as my income tax returns, my wife's personal letter to CIC, photos of us together, proof of insurance for her stay, hotel booking info for our future trip to Europe in December along with detailed plans and itinerary, household registry confirming she has lived in her house her entire life with her family, showed BOTH her Vietnamese and USA criminal record checks, etc. I think this really helped boost our chances.

I also credit the fact that we both chose to handwrite our letters instead of typing them (gives a more personal feel), her bank account had only her money (I did not help "top up" her bank, which commonly leads to refusal), our extra documents were all on one PDF file that was so organized, the officer only needs to click on the links to be immediately directed to a specific document and also has a link that allows them to return to the main page. Also for the "Purpose of Visit", which is a common reason for people to be refused, we didn't just simply say "My wife's purpose is to visit me", we were VERY detailed. I gave a timeline of what we're going to do on each day she's here, we submitted proof of a hotel booked in Vancouver when we go there, we indicated where we will go, what we will do, etc.

Our letters to CIC were very detailed and we made sure to indicate why she's a genuine tourist: the fact we have a future trip to Europe planned, complete with itinerary and booked hotels, the fact I visited my wife many times, but she's never visited me once, the fact that when she's here I will continue to work in order to support both of us, etc. Even though pics are optional, I think sending in pics are a good idea because when the VO sees your spouse's face and see you guys together, it will sort of give them a good feeling about you and whether you "look" like a good person who won't overstay, yeah I know it sounds kind of discriminatory, but these things happen I think.

Anyway, enough with my blabbering, I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning how long her visa is valid for. By the way, she's going to land here in 3 weeks and we're going to stay for about a month. We don't plan on extending her stay, because we've seen a few cases where the applicant was refused entry a 2nd time because they stayed longer than what they asked for, even when allowed by the visa officer. So because of that, we want to keep her on good terms with CIC, and so we won't stay longer than what we asked for. It's ok because after she goes home in late September, it's only a couple months away before we go to Europe!

Also, congrats on the people who got PR cards and DMs!! Oborinini, I'm really happy your wife is watching our progress, we're really touched, and I wish you guys nothing but the best, your PR application seems to be going real great! Calgary_man sorry about your TRV refusal, hope the rest of your PR application will go smoothly.
just read this Mike. Both me and my wife are very happy for you guys. I think if you ever think about changing profession, you would be a great immigration lawyer; better than most out there who mislead people. Your explanation is very helpful, and perhaps we need to find a way to share this with applicants who want to apply for TRV in the future. Have fun!

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Obronibini said:
ok guys good news lol I just got an email that our visa appears ready and to submit my passport!! Omg this is crazy! And supper fast. Still taking it cool Until I see that visa stamped in!
congrats obronibini!!! That's gr8 news. Our applications reached CIC on same day, and I am happy for you but at the same time jealous, lol haha!

Our visa office has reached Dec 2013 applications, so we are hopefully just 2-3 months away from visa issuing :)

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
pameyb said:
congrats obronibini!!! That's gr8 news. Our applications reached CIC on same day, and I am happy for you but at the same time jealous, lol haha!

Our visa office has reached Dec 2013 applications, so we are hopefully just 2-3 months away from visa issuing :)
hahaha I pray it get to your turn soon. You should be waived i pray.. It exactly a week since we got that and they got our passport as per tracking by Wednesday morning . So we are just chilling , praying and waiting to get it back soon. Don't be too jealous :)

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
oferoo said:

Thanks again all!
52 days after submitting passport. Good luck!

M

mikeymyke

pameyb said:
just read this Mike. Both me and my wife are very happy for you guys. I think if you ever think about changing profession, you would be a great immigration lawyer; better than most out there who mislead people. Your explanation is very helpful, and perhaps we need to find a way to share this with applicants who want to apply for TRV in the future. Have fun!
Thanks a lot! I'm really happy that things are going really well, after a seemingly frustrating start where it took almost 7 weeks for them to give me sponsor approval instead of 4 weeks (which was the posted processing time in March). Now, I've got another round of good news:

I got my new GCMS notes today, and this is the result:

SUMMARY OF DEVELOPMENT & LENGTH OF RELATIONSHIP: First marriage for both. She has no relatives in cda; one brother in Australia. 27 year old female PA was a student in USA 2009-feb2011. Bachelor's degree. Apr2012: relationship started. Proof of contact from JUN2012. m/ceremony 30dec2013, attended by spr's mother. Honeymoon in Phan Thiet and KL, Malaysia photos seen. 2visits from spr (per entry/exit stamps): 02dec2012-01feb2013, 10dec2013-08feb2014, 30 year old sponsor is Canadian born, Electrician, 4.8k/mth, living with brother @ Edmn. No children. Recommend WAV.
Also, under "Eligibility Status", it said "Recommend Passed".

So this is great, first my wife gets approved for a TRV (goes from "slim chance of approval" to "best possible TRV result"), then I get news the interview is possibly waived, and now it looks like we're getting the first Singapore applicant in the March 2014 thread, to have PPR (username: oferoo). Now I won't order the GCMS notes so often any more, just once a month now.

But of course, I've heard of people who have interview waived, but then still get an interview later on, even after PPR, so I won't hold my breath until my wife gets her passport back with the visa in hand. :D

Also congrats again to those of you whose applications are going smoothly.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Thanks a lot! I'm really happy that things are going really well, after a seemingly frustrating start where it took almost 7 weeks for them to give me sponsor approval instead of 4 weeks (which was the posted processing time in March). Now, I've got another round of good news:

I got my new GCMS notes today, and this is the result:

Also, under "Eligibility Status", it said "Recommend Passed".

So this is great, first my wife gets approved for a TRV (goes from "slim chance of approval" to "best possible TRV result"), then I get news the interview is possibly waived, and now it looks like we're getting the first Singapore applicant in the March 2014 thread, to have PPR (username: oferoo). Now I won't order the GCMS notes so often any more, just once a month now.

But of course, I've heard of people who have interview waived, but then still get an interview later on, even after PPR, so I won't hold my breath until my wife gets her passport back with the visa in hand. :D

Also congrats again to those of you whose applications are going smoothly.
Thanks for posting. Do you think this was the preliminary check/investigation? How many times has it been assigned by? More than one officer? It seems really fast for Singapore to start to open your file already. As you know most times it sits to collect dust for 8-10 months while in Singapore, before they do anything?

Also, Were the notes different from last ones you ordered? And one more question, do you think they have started the background checks on your wife....based on recom waived?

Thanks mikey.

Koifish76

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
Thanks for posting. Do you think this was the preliminary check/investigation? How many times has it been assigned by? More than one officer? It seems really fast for Singapore to start to open your file already. As you know most times it sits to collect dust for 8-10 months while in Singapore, before they do anything?

Also, Were the notes different from last ones you ordered? And one more question, do you think they have started the background checks on your wife....based on recom waived?

Thanks mikey.

Koifish76
Yes I believe this is the initial check, on the notes, it did say this is a "FIRST SCREENING", the screening happened on June 26, so about a month and a half ago, and a month and a half after I got AOR#2. I know these applications go through multiple officers before it gets final approval, so that's why I'm not completely satisfied she got PR until we actually get at least "Decision Made". Right now, two different officers have looked through my notes.

Yes I thought at the very beginning that the applications collect dust until at least 6-8 months after AOR#2, but the more I read about people's cases on this forum, the more I realized that the VOs actually start to look at your application almost right away, so that's why I wanted to order those GCMS notes so often during the early stages, so that I can see whether the application is going in the right direction or not. I know that it's a bit overkill to order notes every 2 weeks (which I won't do anymore after my wife got the TRV and interview waived), but I think its a mistake for people to order them way too late, like 6+ months after AOR#2. It will give you peace of mind when you know what's going on with your file.

The notes are in fact, different than the last ones, because this new set of notes was the first one to talk about our relationship, the old set of notes had minimal info.
The notes also said they haven't started the criminal checks yet, I believe they only do that after the file goes into "IN PROCESS", which hasn't happened yet because I believe my file has to go through a couple more officers first. I'll be really happy if it goes "IN PROCESS" because my wife already passed medical, and her USA and VN criminal checks all come back clean.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
pameyb said:

How can you find out which applications the VO is working on?

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello!

I just got word from the CIC that my husband's application didn't reach the VO (Amman) until JULY 24TH. That's like 4 months transit time. Is it just me, or does that seem strange??

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Decision made!! :eek:

We sent in the passport 1 week ago so here's hoping a pickup e-mail comes asap. Trying to hold off the excitement until it is returned and visa is in hand ;D Please update us on the spreadsheet.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Obronibini said:
Decision made!! :eek:

We sent in the passport 1 week ago so here's hoping a pickup e-mail comes asap. Trying to hold off the excitement until it is returned and visa is in hand ;D Please update us on the spreadsheet.
yay! congrats!

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Yes I believe this is the initial check, on the notes, it did say this is a "FIRST SCREENING", the screening happened on June 26, so about a month and a half ago, and a month and a half after I got AOR#2. I know these applications go through multiple officers before it gets final approval, so that's why I'm not completely satisfied she got PR until we actually get at least "Decision Made". Right now, two different officers have looked through my notes.

Yes I thought at the very beginning that the applications collect dust until at least 6-8 months after AOR#2, but the more I read about people's cases on this forum, the more I realized that the VOs actually start to look at your application almost right away, so that's why I wanted to order those GCMS notes so often during the early stages, so that I can see whether the application is going in the right direction or not. I know that it's a bit overkill to order notes every 2 weeks (which I won't do anymore after my wife got the TRV and interview waived), but I think its a mistake for people to order them way too late, like 6+ months after AOR#2. It will give you peace of mind when you know what's going on with your file.

The notes are in fact, different than the last ones, because this new set of notes was the first one to talk about our relationship, the old set of notes had minimal info.
The notes also said they haven't started the criminal checks yet, I believe they only do that after the file goes into "IN PROCESS", which hasn't happened yet because I believe my file has to go through a couple more officers first. I'll be really happy if it goes "IN PROCESS" because my wife already passed medical, and her USA and VN criminal checks all come back clean.
Thanks! I am glad I am behind you... So I can kinda follow your methods, which are similar to what I had in mind anyways but helps to know I have the right mind set.
+1