Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 April 2012
AOR Received.
4 July 2012
Med's Request
waiting
sherych said:
Seems like it usually takes a couple of weeks, but lately people were reporting more.
Anyway, good luck and congratulations!!!!
My was received in Ottawa in March 5. It's now March 29 and I'm still waiting to get it back. I hope it comes next week.

PeaceLover

Oct 20, 2012
Application filed: March 16th 2012
AOR recieved: June 5th 2012
Medical request: October 11th 2012
PPR: March 20th 2013
Passport Sent: March 29th 2013

I would have gotten my PPR sooner but immigration lost my police certificate and informed after 4 months. So i sent another one and the prrof of the first one that they recieved it. I guess they found it later on and sent me the PPR.

Chicken76

Mar 19, 2012
Hello Everyone,

We have received and e-mail from OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca yesterday. I told them in January that my wifes due date is on April 10th. They asked in their e-mail if anything has changed and if so, I have to submit the birth certificate for the baby, which is in process, because he was born on the 14th. They also ask me to pay the “Right of Permanent Residence Fee” what I did this morning.
I was wondering if this their usual timeline? We can now complete the medical for my wife (x-ray) and then they have everything they need to complete the file. I'm a little bit under the impression that they want to get our file off their desk :), but maybe I'm too optimistic and wrong. We have also received a new temporary work visa for 2 more years which allows us to come back home in June after our travels. (the old ones were supost to expire in 4 weeks.)
I hope I can share some good news with you soon. Does anybody know how long it takes after they received the medicals?
Cheers, Markus

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
Hi All,

I applied March 9th and my application was received March 16th, 2012. It has now been over 13 months and I have not even received a request for medicals yet! I received the file number last summer and the only thing that has changed since is that my application says "In Process" since January of this year. Is anyone else in the same frustrating situation?!

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Theooffspring .
Why don't you order caips notes..honestly is a lot time !!!!
Have you contact them ??? Are you in Canada ???
Probably you are stuck in background check as
Me !!! The soon background check is done u will receive medical request and ppr for sure.

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hi! I am in a similar situation, though I applied later then you (late May 2012). My ecas also says 'in process' since early january (Jan 11th 2013) and I am also waiting for my MR. Although I did recently order the GCMS notes to have a look at what is happening. Hopefully it's just a background check that will end very soon, and then it should be pretty fast process. As others have asked, have you tried emailing CIC and inquire about the status of your case. Sometimes they tell you that it's in queue for processing or that it actually is in the background check.... it's worth it to ask in your case, since it's been a very long wait.

theoffspring said:
Hi All,

I applied March 9th and my application was received March 16th, 2012. It has now been over 13 months and I have not even received a request for medicals yet! I received the file number last summer and the only thing that has changed since is that my application says "In Process" since January of this year. Is anyone else in the same frustrating situation?!

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hi, how do you know that you are stuck in the background check? through the notes?
anyway, good luck to all who are waiting.

juan74 said:
Theooffspring .
Why don't you order caips notes..honestly is a lot time !!!!
Have you contact them ??? Are you in Canada ???
Probably you are stuck in background check as
Me !!! The soon background check is done u will receive medical request and ppr for sure.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Yea in my case I am a february 2012 applicant..
Medical are done since may 2012 ...they requested me new police certificates ..in my experience I noticed that medicals are no problem , they can request it and that it...but the background check takes longer in some cases ..that's why I am sure we are stuck in background check..u will see that after u pass background check ur process will be really fast ...good luck !!

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
oh my.... this really humbles me, I guess I am not waiting that long yet.... though would be nice to get through the medicals....
I do hope I won't have to renew my PCCs, since it takes a while to get them.
Good luck with your wait, hopefully your check will be complete soon. Did you ever tried to get the CAIPS (GCMS) notes? there is no harm in getting them I think. I ordered mine in the beginning of April, but they haven't come in yet.

juan74 said:
Yea in my case I am a february 2012 applicant..
Medical are done since may 2012 ...they requested me new police certificates ..in my experience I noticed that medicals are no problem , they can request it and that it...but the background check takes longer in some cases ..that's why I am sure we are stuck in background check..u will see that after u pass background check ur process will be really fast ...good luck !!

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Yes I ordered caips notes on April 5th I am
Sure they coming in a few days ..
Can u share ur timeline?
Good luck !!!

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Sure thing, timelines help everyone to see how things could be different for different cases, here is my timeline:

App received: May 28, 2012
AOR received: Sept 27, 2012
PCCs requested: Nov 1st, 2012
PCCs sent out and received by CIC: Nov 26, 2012
Ecas changed to 'In process' Jan 11, 2013
nothing since.....
ordered CGMS notes on April 9, 2013 to see what is going on.

good luck to everyone!

juan74 said:
Yes I ordered caips notes on April 5th I am
Sure they coming in a few days ..
Can u share ur timeline?
Good luck !!!

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
sherych said:
Sure thing, timelines help everyone to see how things could be different for different cases, here is my timeline:

App received: May 28, 2012
AOR received: Sept 27, 2012
PCCs requested: Nov 1st, 2012
PCCs sent out and received by CIC: Nov 26, 2012
Ecas changed to 'In process' Jan 11, 2013
nothing since.....
ordered CGMS notes on April 9, 2013 to see what is going on.

good luck to everyone!

I have a feeling some applicants get a random delay of 1 year to start processing, regardless of details.
I already got GCMS 3 times since I learnt my number and always nothing on it but family details.
Let us know what your "due date" is on the application, mine was may 18th 2013 for everything, if they cross this date without a Medical request I feel a repeat of my 2006 application. I filed May 10th 2012.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
I am agree ...look like they totally forget applicants till a year is complete.
They requested me medicals on April last year and nothing else till february that they requested
Me new police certificates ..I have the feeling that they started
Processing my file this year !!!!!! In my last set of caips I had due date 4/4/2013 on everything ..obviously that day came and nothing happened !!!!!!

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
I ordered CAIPS notes LAST YEAR in August and when I received them it said "Fingerprints Required" under RCMP check. I thought that was a bit odd. I came to Canada as a student when I was 17 and have been here since then so I had not initially submitted my RCMP check as it was not required.

Anyway, I sent CPP-O an e-mail back then asking them if fingerprints were required according to the CAIPS notes. They e-mailed back saying nothing was required and application "will be processed in due time". Now, 13 MONTHS LATER they send me a request to submit RCMP fingerprints check!!!!! THAT IS RIDICULOUS! I should have submitted it anyway!!! Like everyone said, the applications just get forgotten for a year before someone looks at them!

I wish there was a mechanism to complain about this. I'm sure everyone here has gone through some major life/financial set-backs due to the ridiculous timelines for immigration-related procedures. The CEC class was CREATED for the purpose of fast-tracking those that the relevant experience required in Canada. Simply pathetic...

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Wow. Reading the posts from the March thread, I feel really humbled. You guys have been going through a lot. And well, I can't go on without mentioning the terrible decision that impacts thousands of pre Feb,2008 FSW applicants. They have suffered a lot as well. Its all the same thing - its cuz CIC is not able to handle this much applications, CIC throws away thousands of applications. Because these are potential immigrants and currently have no right, there is simply no accountability. Who cares about immigrants and we are talking about would-be-immigrants.

It just raises my hair reading this post that CIC loses PCC and then asks the applicant to get another one. There are some countries where its just so terribly impossible to get those certificates in the first place, not sure what i'd do if i was in your place. (though RCMP is pretty easy peasy. if you see it in your GCMS you should get it right away).

I completely sympathize with you guys that there should be ears in CIC who would be ready to listen about issues caused by CIC. But at this moment, there is very few steps one can take. If one has money and time, can go to court. But what is the most any one will achieve after spending thousands - just a piece of paper allowing you to live, work and pay taxes in this country.

Writing in a few known Toronto and Ottawa news papers could be a way to grab the attention of the top guys in CIC, but its not guaranteed. CIC has humans working in it and its very much possible that they make mistakes. But those mistakes cause a huge impact in the applicants life and career. And that's my point - to make CIC realize that they can make mistakes and there should be ways to undo those mistakes.

Now, I know that many of you will vehemently disagree, tell me not to cause you stress, or some will say your are just wasting time and space or just leave Canada if its so difficult for you (yea..right...after spending so much time just leave..wish it was that easy)- or perhaps some will silently try to click on 'poor' under my id zillion times (glad it only works once!), but hey - you will only feel this pain when you will go through it yourself and i sincerely hope no one goes through it. Its painful to see loosing your career, ending up in job that pays far less than what you could have earned - had there been no B.S laws about closed work permits after pgwp, issues in BOWP etc etc.

Writing in main newspapers and copying to media relations and Mr. Kenny himself - might get some attention. At least, you will know in your heart that you tried whatever was possible.