Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
hi guys

got a question, i got an email from CIC asking me to send an IMM 5688 form, passport, and 2 passport photo to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit. is this the PPR? and because i got this email on the Dec. 27, 2012 do i have to send everything to them by Jan 27. 2013? the reason i am asking because i am going on my vacation on end of Jan, i kinda need my passport to travel, if anyone know if there is anther way to do it please let me know

thanks

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Hi Alvin -- that is the PPR. If you're not from a visa-exempt country, the only way to do it is to send in the entire passport. You can try to expedite it (send it overnight for a higher fee). I got my PPR on Nov. 19, sent it in on Nov. 20, and then got everything returned to me (yes, they returned the photocopy of my passport!) on Dec. 12. So that was about 3 weeks, but I sent it via regular mail, which probably took around 5 days to get there. Hopefully it'll take less if you send it ASAP. But the PPR only lasts for about 30 days, so if you don't send it in, you risk losing everything and having to do it ALL over again, including all the fees! It may be worth it to push back your trip a few days if you don't think it'll arrive back in time, but based on my timeline, it was rather quick. Good luck!

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, I landed today!!

My husband and I went on holidays to Mexico, arrived back a few hours ago, where I landed -- at the Edmonton International Airport. I just handed over my CoPR, she had me sign several areas, write down my address (where they'll send the PR card in 6-8 weeks), and I was in! Took 15 minutes. Very easy. Didn't need to show ANY documentation, other than my passport and my CoPR.

Here was my official timeline:

NOC Code......: 5111
App. Filed.......: March 16, 2012
AOR Received.: June 6, 2012
Med's Request: September 13, 2012
Med's Done....: September 17, 2012 (Did not arrive to CEC until November 1 due to the doctor's office, though!)
Passport Req..: November 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...: December 10, 2012 (received Dec. 12)
LANDED..........: December 29, 2012

Total time: 9 months, 2 weeks.
Should have taken less time if the doctor's office didn't take a month to send my results! So, if everything had run smoothly, it would have been more like 8 months, 2 weeks.

Good luck to everyone! :)

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
diana83 said:
Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, I landed today!!

My husband and I went on holidays to Mexico, arrived back a few hours ago, where I landed -- at the Edmonton International Airport. I just handed over my CoPR, she had me sign several areas, write down my address (where they'll send the PR card in 6-8 weeks), and I was in! Took 15 minutes. Very easy. Didn't need to show ANY documentation, other than my passport and my CoPR.

Here was my official timeline:

NOC Code......: 5111
App. Filed.......: March 16, 2012
AOR Received.: June 6, 2012
Med's Request: September 13, 2012
Med's Done....: September 17, 2012 (Did not arrive to CEC until November 1 due to the doctor's office, though!)
Passport Req..: November 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...: December 10, 2012 (received Dec. 12)
LANDED..........: December 29, 2012

Total time: 9 months, 2 weeks.
Should have taken less time if the doctor's office didn't take a month to send my results! So, if everything had run smoothly, it would have been more like 8 months, 2 weeks.

Good luck to everyone! :)

love it when the British say Holidays instead of Vacation!!!

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Haha! I'm actually American. Living here, I picked up saying "holidays" instead of "vacation," and "university" instead of "college."

Oh, and of course, "eh." ;D

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
diana83 said:
Hi Alvin -- that is the PPR. If you're not from a visa-exempt country, the only way to do it is to send in the entire passport. You can try to expedite it (send it overnight for a higher fee). I got my PPR on Nov. 19, sent it in on Nov. 20, and then got everything returned to me (yes, they returned the photocopy of my passport!) on Dec. 12. So that was about 3 weeks, but I sent it via regular mail, which probably took around 5 days to get there. Hopefully it'll take less if you send it ASAP. But the PPR only lasts for about 30 days, so if you don't send it in, you risk losing everything and having to do it ALL over again, including all the fees! It may be worth it to push back your trip a few days if you don't think it'll arrive back in time, but based on my timeline, it was rather quick. Good luck!
Thanks Diana

so you send the photocopy of your passport because you are from a visa exempt country? and what is visa exempt country? i am from Taiwan and i think now we do not need visa to come Canada we can stay here with out Visa in 6 month does this mean i am from a visa exempt country? and i can just send them photocopy passport not the passport it self?

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Thanks everyone for the quick reply i just got few more questions,

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

Q. Do i have to paid again, i paid the principal applicant fee (CAD $550) in the when i first send my application i paid via by visa card. so is RPRF different than the application fee?

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Q. I have no idea what is this for, i cannot even find the form online so if anyone know please let me know.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.
Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Q. what is the address? i found this on goggle but not really sure
Consulate General of Canada
600 Renaissance Center, Suite 1100
Detroit, MI 48243-1798
Is this the correct address?

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
alvin99 said:
Thanks everyone for the quick reply i just got few more questions,

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

Q. Do i have to paid again, i paid the principal applicant fee (CAD $550) in the when i first send my application i paid via by visa card. so is RPRF different than the application fee?

Yes RPRF is different from the 550 CAD you paid in the beginning. You need to pay the 490 CAD RPRF amount now.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Q. I have no idea what is this for, i cannot even find the form online so if anyone know please let me know.

You do not have to send this 5688 form to CIC. You will get it from CIC along with the visa stamping. COPR is an important document that you need for landing and also later for your citzenship.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.
Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.
To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Q. what is the address? i found this on goggle but not really sure
Consulate General of Canada
600 Renaissance Center, Suite 1100
Detroit, MI 48243-1798
Is this the correct address?

Yes, this address is correct. You can send the documents to this address. If you are using ordinary mail and not courier, then you can use the Windsor address as well (401 Ouellette Ave, P.O. Box 940 Station “A”, Windsor, ON N9A 6P2, CANADA).

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Hi RanjithP

Thanks for your reply, i send the package out already. again thanks. by the way my CIC online status still show "In Progress" does it matter? how long my status will be changed after i received PPR?

yumine

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
alvin99 said:
Sorry is "In Process"
in my case, i landed on Dec16, when i checked E-case on Dec 29, 2012, it changed to complete already.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
alvin99 said:
Hi RanjithP

Thanks for your reply, i send the package out already. again thanks. by the way my CIC online status still show "In Progress" does it matter? how long my status will be changed after i received PPR?
Ideally, it will soon change to 'Decision Made' and then to 'Completed' after your visa stamping. But I have seen cases in this forum where a person completes landing but still has status as 'In Process' in E-CAS. So do not worry much about the E-CAS status.

chamybel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 22 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Oct 22 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 31 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 11 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 21 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 26 2012
RanjithP said:
Ideally, it will soon change to 'Decision Made' and then to 'Completed' after your visa stamping. But I have seen cases in this forum where a person completes landing but still has status as 'In Process' in E-CAS. So do not worry much about the E-CAS status.
that is correct. i received my passport back on dec 21, landed on dec 26, my ECAS status changed to decision made on dec 29, until now it says the same thing, didnt change to completed eventhough i have already landed. but im just waiting for my PR card now so im not gonna worry about that.

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Thanks that make me feel so much better ( i really like the ppl on March, i am actually April applicant but when i ask question in April form not many people answer my question.) Thank you guys so much.