+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Many Hong Kong (& East Asian) immigrants return home. Why?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
Some? LOL. Yeah they are house-sitting the apts or houses their fellow Chinese citizens own in Canada. More tourists are coming to Canada? LOL.
Like it or not, some remain in Canada to conduct their exporting business of these natural resources.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
You got to look at the bright side like the marinas of Vancouver's Coal Harbor, luxury hotels and cruise terminal near Canada Place.
The bright side? LOL. For an average immigrant in Vancouver, it's even a daunting task to get a roof over his head and get food on the table. Luxury hotels & cruise terminal? Are you kidding me? Most immigrants after squandering their savings while looking for jobs for months or yrs are on the verge of getting kicked out on the streets or ending up in the Downtown Eastside!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
it's even a daunting task to get a roof over his head and get food on the table.
To many in Hong Kong, it's also a daunting task to get a roof over his head and get food on the table because of the high rental prices. Although I'm not sure exactly where the ghetto is, lots of people were also on the verge of getting kicked out on the streets.

Well there is always people who would stay in those luxury hotels and take cruise for trips to Alaska and much of the world.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
To many in Hong Kong, it's also a daunting task to get a roof over his head and get food on the table because of the high rental prices. Although I'm not sure exactly where the ghetto is, lots of people were also on the verge of getting kicked out on the streets.

Well there is always people who would stay in those luxury hotels and take cruise for trips to Alaska and much of the world.
At least in Hong Kong, they don't face institutionalized racism as they do in Canada, and they have family and relatives who can help each other out in times of crisis, whereas in Canada it's even a daunting task to bring your parents to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
Yeah I said underclass people from first world countries but the majority are from third world countries like Philippine, India, Bangladeshi, Pakistan, etc.
No you said underclass people from Europe. LOL. The majority of the world's population are from third world countries anyways.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong1 said:
At least in Hong Kong, they don't face institutionalized racism as they do in Canada, and they have family and relatives who can help each other out in times of crisis, whereas in Canada it's even a daunting task to bring your parents to Canada.
No, many employers in Hong Kong have racism towards desi people and there's people in this forum got approved to bring their parents to Canada either as PR or visitor.

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
No you said underclass people from Europe. LOL.
Yes underclass people from the first world countries in Europe.

The majority of the world's population are from third world countries anyways.
Yeah Canada is probably the only country that keeps its immigration door wide open to people from the third world countries, because it's so desperate for the money they're going to bring in. No strings attached. Anyone can get in. But show us the money first!

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
steaky said:
No, many employers in Hong Kong have racism towards desi people and there's people in this forum got approved to bring their parents to Canada either as PR or visitor.
You must be a desi. LOL. Does Hong Kong advertise it as a multicultural society as Canada does? Canada does but hides the fact that there's institutionalized racism in every fact of its society.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hey steaky! Word of advice. Don't feed the trolls! <3

kingkong1

Star Member
May 18, 2013
DGT said:
Hey steaky! Word of advice. Don't feed the trolls! <3
You guys raise a troll card whenever your argument is shot down. Can't you grow out of it? It's like a whining little kid crying for mommy, innit?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kingkong1 said:
You must be a desi. LOL. Does Hong Kong advertise it as a multicultural society as Canada does? Canada does but hides the fact that there's institutionalized racism in every fact of its society.
Kingkong, I have no idea what you are on about. I've been living in Canada for a long, long time and have never once felt any sort of racism, despite the fact that I'm a visible minority. And, to second Steaky's point, parents can easily come and visit under the Supervisa program or even eventually be sponsored as PR's.

I'm not sure what experiences you have had, but please stop generalizing.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
kingkong1 said:
Whatever dude. Yeah you're a genius.
I think steaky is only putting a puntuation mark to the whole discussion. Yes we dont know what the reason is why a lot of east Asians return to their motherland after obtaining the passport. However, surely you would think why 200,000 or more and their kids returned to their Motherland rather than continuing to live in the country which they chose to migrate. they took the efforts to fill in the forms, paid for travel and other immigration processes after which they landed in the chosen country and spend money and time over there (in canada in this case) until the got the passport. All this only to leave the country they chose. Surely not all these people are businessmen. I mean we can stop the discussion by shrugging it off and stamping it as, "hey its their choice. Maybe they had a good reason. Maybe the reason was that they just like to travel"etc etc. However, if we just pause and care to look at ourselves and our society maybe we can learn something out of all this. Maybe we can learn that there was nothing wrong with us at all and that it truly is a reason which we shouldnt worry about or we might learn that there is something wrong with our society and we could try and correct and fix it or maybe even take a decision regarding IF we should change our society at all or if its worth it to change. However, if we just shrug it off or not get into a discussion regarding finding out where,what,how,why and whom I think you are shooting yourself in your foot and taking us all down with you in your fall. The whole purpose is to discuss, share and try and reach the best possible resolution for an issue. That way we can make a better place and society for everyone. Arguments should lead to constructive resolution of a problem. It shouldn't lead to meaningless fingure pointing and bickering. Thanks!

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
androme said:
I think steaky is only putting a puntuation mark to the whole discussion. Yes we dont know what the reason is why a lot of east Asians return to their motherland after obtaining the passport. However, surely you would think why 200,000 or more and their kids returned to their Motherland rather than continuing to live in the country which they chose to migrate. they took the efforts to fill in the forms, paid for travel and other immigration processes after which they landed in the chosen country and spend money and time over there (in canada in this case) until the got the passport. All this only to leave the country they chose. Surely not all these people are businessmen. I mean we can stop the discussion by shrugging it off and stamping it as, "hey its their choice. Maybe they had a good reason. Maybe the reason was that they just like to travel"etc etc. However, if we just pause and care to look at ourselves and our society maybe we can learn something out of all this. Maybe we can learn that there was nothing wrong with us at all and that it truly is a reason which we shouldnt worry about or we might learn that there is something wrong with our society and we could try and correct and fix it or maybe even take a decision regarding IF we should change our society at all or if its worth it to change. However, if we just shrug it off or not get into a discussion regarding finding out where,what,how,why and whom I think you are shooting yourself in your foot and taking us all down with you in your fall. The whole purpose is to discuss, share and try and reach the best possible resolution for an issue. That way we can make a better place and society for everyone. Arguments should lead to constructive resolution of a problem. It shouldn't lead to meaningless fingure pointing and bickering. Thanks!
But nobody wants to do that (accept the underlying realities). Canada is a rosy green country, racism is non-existent, and after years of trying hard, every immigrant is a success story apt for publishing in Nick Noorani's magazine. But hey no need or trying to fix it (or even have a discussion about that). As the colonists used to say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! All's well that ends well.