+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Many Day Trips to the USA (Share your experience)

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Hi Fellows,

I have many Day trips to the USA (around '8') mainly for shopping in Buffalo. People who had similar situation please share your experience .. Did you get an RQ? or it was OK?

Note that I am Full time employed.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ is random based on many factors...
Employment, Travel etc...
As long as you have the CBSA report along with the US Border Report proving all your dates...You should be ok...

All the Best!

sicko86 said:
Hi Fellows,

I have many Day trips to the USA (around '8') mainly for shopping in Buffalo. People who had similar situation please share your experience .. Did you get an RQ? or it was OK?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i didn't get any RQ and i had like 20 as well. it depends on stable your life is in canada.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi , I would be applying In october this year , never been out of Canada since I landed here in October 2011 , do you think that I shall ask for a CBSA report if yes then when shall I ask for these reports I mean which month since I do not know that how long does it take , your help is highly appreciated , Cheers
daktrader said:
RQ is random based on many factors...
Employment, Travel etc...
As long as you have the CBSA report along with the US Border Report proving all your dates...You should be ok...

All the Best!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hi , I would be applying In october this year , never been out of Canada since I landed here in October 2011 , do you think that I shall ask for a CBSA report if yes then when shall I ask for these reports I mean which month since I do not know that how long does it take , your help is highly appreciated , Cheers
takes between 1 - 2 months, depending on their backlog. so ask towards end of august. definitely ask for it since it is good to verify that their system doesn't have any entries.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks alot :),
chakrab said:
takes between 1 - 2 months, depending on their backlog. so ask towards end of august. definitely ask for it since it is good to verify that their system doesn't have any entries.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Do you guys think sending CBSA report will really help? The CIC mentioned on their website not to send one and just give the consent for them to do so?! I have many trips to the US so I am just worried they wont know those are a one day trips as the CBSA will show arrival to Canada only.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they ask for consent then its fine...but there is no harm submitting it with your application as it further validates all our travel dates listed.

Good Luck!

sicko86 said:
Do you guys think sending CBSA report will really help? The CIC mentioned on their website not to send one and just give the consent for them to do so?! I have many trips to the US so I am just worried they wont know those are a one day trips as the CBSA will show arrival to Canada only.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Sending one gives the applicants peace of mind but CIC will run another one....how does CIC know you haven't given them a fake document...you can make an 'ICES' report with a decent printer!!

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
For people who had many day trips to the US .. did you guys include this in the Citizenship Calculator sheet? I am just worried CIC wont realize that most of my entries back to Canada(Through CBRA) are coming back from a Day Trip!? Any Idea

SamStraus

May 10, 2014
Guys,

If you read the guide on the Residence Calculator, it says:

C. WHAT ABSENCES TO DECLARE

Q9: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?

A9: No, not if you come back the same day.
So you can have as many day trips as you want, and you don't have to declare them in your Citizenship Calculator sheet as long as you leave and return on the same day.

Elffriend

Apr 23, 2014
I also had many day trips to the States, mostly for shopping. I did get a RQ. I don't think the day trips had as much to do with it as the fact that I'm a stay-at-home mom (no employment records) and our house and utilities are in my husband's name.

I requested a record of all my border crossings from border services, but I wound up not turning it in. It arrived long after my RQ was due and it didn't include all of my trips across the border. I still don't understand that. How could they not have the same border crossings I had? They were missing several.

Anyway, it might have added time to our wait for citizenship, but we did finally make it all the way through the process and took the oath 3 weeks ago.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congratulation, :), my wife is also a homemaker, she stays at home with our kid, all the utilities are in my name , can you kindly let me know when you got the rq , what documents did you send and how long did it take you to process ur application from start to end , :), your help is really appreciated, cheers
Elffriend said:
I also had many day trips to the States, mostly for shopping. I did get a RQ. I don't think the day trips had as much to do with it as the fact that I'm a stay-at-home mom (no employment records) and our house and utilities are in my husband's name.

I requested a record of all my border crossings from border services, but I wound up not turning it in. It arrived long after my RQ was due and it didn't include all of my trips across the border. I still don't understand that. How could they not have the same border crossings I had? They were missing several.

Anyway, it might have added time to our wait for citizenship, but we did finally make it all the way through the process and took the oath 3 weeks ago.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
hey, sicko86, 8 day trips is not a lot. I had total of 60 trips out of Canada during the 4 year period prior to citizenship application. do not over-worry.

sicko86 said:
Hi Fellows,