+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Manitoba Supporter" currently sponsoring his own sister via Family Sponsorship

Chiholly28

Apr 18, 2019
Hi, pls I would like to know if my sister who lives in Manitoba can support 3 of us that are her siblings at the same time.

faizamir

Star Member
May 1, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-12-2018
@canuck_in_uk @zardoz - I was hoping you might be able to answer a small question related to Manitoba Supporter? If the spouse of the primary applicant has a close relative in Manitoba - would they get the points for the close relative (200) or the distant relative / friend (50) since the primary applicant will not be directly related?
Thank you in advance for your help :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk @zardoz - I was hoping you might be able to answer a small question related to Manitoba Supporter? If the spouse of the primary applicant has a close relative in Manitoba - would they get the points for the close relative (200) or the distant relative / friend (50) since the primary applicant will not be directly related?
Thank you in advance for your help :)
Stated right on the website. https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/#swo-e1

Familial relationships

To be considered a close relative, a Manitoba Supporter must be related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:

• sister or brother
  • niece or nephew (ex: child of your sister or brother)
  • aunt or uncle (ex: brother or sister of your mother or father)
  • first cousin (ex: child of your aunt or uncle)
  • mother or father
  • grandmother or grandfather

Bicap

Jun 27, 2019
Stated right on the website. https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/#swo-e1

Familial relationships

To be considered a close relative, a Manitoba Supporter must be related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:

• sister or brother
  • niece or nephew (ex: child of your sister or brother)
  • aunt or uncle (ex: brother or sister of your mother or father)
  • first cousin (ex: child of your aunt or uncle)
  • mother or father
  • grandmother or grandfather

My mpnp assessment has been in process for since 7th June, is it normal? as no call to my Sponsor yet. I am draw 57

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So far reading this thread what I understand is either you can claim close relative 200 points or close friend 50 points. You can not claim 250 points if they both are living in same city, is it?
@canuck_in_uk @zardoz
I think that it's one or the other, not both.

Reactions: Jenish Vaghasiya

okosisi26

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Excellent day to you powerful people here, please I need clarification on this question.
I have family in Winnipeg that is ready to endorse my settlement plan 2 to make my total point 551 and am thinking of picking another city out of Winnipeg so I can get 50 more point. Can the person still be my supporter?
Please how did this go for you. I am in the same situation, I applied but my sponsor/relative is in another city

okosisi26

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for your advise,
from your explanation it means irrespective of where the sponsor is in Manitoba the person can act as sponsor, however to be well convincing it better the sponsor is in the same city chosen in the application.
Please how did this go for you. I am in the same situation, I applied but my sponsor/relative is in another city

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys

1. Can my nephew(son of my brother ) support me as a skilled worker overseas Manitoba program if his age is 11years old, he lives in Manitoba with his mother (my sister in law ) and his father (my brother )outside Canada ??
2. Is my sister in law can be a close relative of me ??

Bicap

Jun 27, 2019
Hi guys

1. Can my nephew(son of my brother ) support me as a skilled worker overseas Manitoba program if his age is 11years old, he lives in Manitoba with his mother (my sister in law ) and his father (my brother )outside Canada ??
2. Is my sister in law can be a close relative of me ??

No, his is Eleven, he cannot.