+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP

Raj_1627

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

My job title is in Manitoba “In Demand” list and I have generated my EOI but I haven’t received points for being in, In Demand List.
I just got a form in which it is stating that I am eligible for the MPNP.
I haven’t created my Express Entry profile because am waiting for my degrees evaluated and celpip result.

Please help.

Thanks

tunyang26

Sep 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

My job title is in Manitoba “In Demand” list and I have generated my EOI but I haven’t received points for being in, In Demand List.
I just got a form in which it is stating that I am eligible for the MPNP.
I haven’t created my Express Entry profile because am waiting for my degrees evaluated and celpip result.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi Raj_1627,

Hope you could advise me regarding EOI. My score based on the MPNP EOI tool is 523/1000. I haven't created my EOI yet, I just tried to check my eligibility first. Do you think this score is enough to proceed with the EOI application?

kiss1967

Jul 1, 2018
Hi everyone. My agent told me about a support plan of manitoba in which any friend can support your family.he is saying this is different from sponsorship plan.is this true?does anyone know about it. In this plan he doesnt have to be financially responsible for the family migrating

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,
There are no points for being in "in-demand list. There is one benefit for being in demand list that, it is a different sub group from where they pick up applications in draws and they get picked up even with less scores when compared to the non-in-demand professionals.

Reactions: drfaustus

drfaustus

Jan 27, 2010
Hi,
There are no points for being in "in-demand list. There is one benefit for being in demand list that, it is a different sub group from where they pick up applications in draws and they get picked up even with less scores when compared to the non-in-demand professionals.
Hi,

I could not find any evidence of it on their website. My case is similar as I do not have a relative or friend in Manitoba but my occupation is in their in-demand list. I have full language points however my score will expire this summer, so I see Manitoba as a window of opportunity re Canadian immigration. Do you think it would be tough to prove that you have a career plan to settle there?

Jan 3, 2019
Draw #48 – July 9, 2018

SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS – Express Entry Sub-stream
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 132 who have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in a NOC B occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 519
But showing connection to Manitoba is compulsory to be eligible to apply in any stream under Skill Workers Overseas category, (All applicants to the MPNP who are applying as Skilled Workers Overseas must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba either through the support of family members or friends, through previous education or work experience in the province or through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative).

I could not find any evidence of it on their website. My case is similar as I do not have a relative or friend in Manitoba but my occupation is in their in-demand list. I have full language points however my score will expire this summer, so I see Manitoba as a window of opportunity re Canadian immigration. Do you think it would be tough to prove that you have a career plan to settle there?

drfaustus

Jan 27, 2010
Draw #48 – July 9, 2018

SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS – Express Entry Sub-stream
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 132 who have a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in a NOC B occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 519
But showing connection to Manitoba is compulsory to be eligible to apply in any stream under Skill Workers Overseas category, (All applicants to the MPNP who are applying as Skilled Workers Overseas must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba either through the support of family members or friends, through previous education or work experience in the province or through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative).
Ok but have a look at this one below from January 2019 Draw:

SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 27 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 729
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 367 who have:
    • a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
or

• a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
    • at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
    • a minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6).
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 575

My only issue is the ranking score being too low as opposed to 575.. I score 485. According to this, you need to have a valid EE ID and a job seeker code OR a close relative etc.

What do you think?

Jan 3, 2019
Ok but have a look at this one below from January 2019 Draw:

SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 27 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 729
  • Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 367 who have:
    • a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code, and at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
or

• a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
    • at least 6 months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
    • a minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6).
  • Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 575

My only issue is the ranking score being too low as opposed to 575.. I score 485. According to this, you need to have a valid EE ID and a job seeker code OR a close relative etc.

What do you think?
Hi,

That is a category under Skilled Workers Overseas for those who were invited by MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative. In this category, people who get invitation directly from the MPNP after being interviewed by a program officer during a recruitment mission or exploratory visit. ( Issuance of an Invitation to Apply is at the sole discretion of the MPNP and applicants cannot self-select for eligibility with this connection to our province). (The MPNP accepts – only during set periods – expressions of interest to make an exploratory visit to Manitoba. Watch this page for news of future intake dates).

So either you have to show a strong connection or wait for future openings for exploratory visit or recruitment missions.