+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
hi,

I see on the immigration Manitoba website that if we have a relative or friend living in Manitoba who has PR/citizenship, one could go ahead to apply provided that he gains 60 points in the point grid. i have 78 points here. can i go ahead to apply. IS it still true. do anyone know any immigration agency or immigration lawyer who will be able to help out. plz advice.

VaibhavN

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
I think I can help you but need details and it is not only 78 points but another score in 100s that matter and there is a draw for that. Anyways with your details we can figure out where you stand. My email is vaibhavsharma.sharma0909@gmail.com , you can contact me there.

tolafatokun

Sep 2, 2015
I'm a plumber and I practise in Nigeria, a country in africa.
I have my trade test certificate and my certificate of apprenticeship.
I filled the EOI form and I answered "YES" to the "License and Trade/Profession" regulation question.
I have been sent the LAA since the 13th August 2015 now nd I have all my supporting documents intact but there's a problem about the licensing aspect, in the LAA sent to me, there's a paragraph that emphasises that applicants should refuse/reject the LAA if u don't have a license that is recognised in manitoba.
I enquired from the MPNP by mailing them and here's the reply I was sent;

"Thank you for your e-mail. You must be licensed in Manitoba in order to answer yes to that question on the EOI. If you have answered yes
and do not have the supporting documents, your file may be closed for misrepresentation. Please research your trade in Manitoba on the internet and determine if its an occupation that is governed by a licensing requirement. If it is, there will be an association that has a website and will provide information on licensing requirements.
Sincerely,
MPNP."

This reply is confusing because it didnt state if it wont be possible for me to be licensed if am outside canada or not, so am confused if i should simply reject the letter of advice to apply or go ahead with the documents i have with me. i already searched for websites who can provide infos on licensing requirement and i cant find any. The only ones i found was just fro the assesment of my trade.

im seriously confused and i really need serious help right now because i dont want a case of misrepresentation which could eventually lead to my file being closed and might end up in bans on future applications. Moreso i just have 37 days or thereabout for the deadline to submit a full application.
Thank you.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By license they mean red seal which you do have not so you will have to cancel!!!

n_142007

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
I send the application for Manitoba & i got a mail that they will replay within one year.
during filling the application they didn't ask about my friends there ?
where is the problem & how i can add the details of my friends living in Manitoba

thanks in advance :D :D

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi All,

Newbie here, just want to clarify this part in MPNP website.. Does below mean that if you don't have any relative, friend, work experience and education in Manitoba you cannot apply for this program eventhough you meet all other criteria?

Factor 5: Adaptability

Adaptability points are calculated based on the type of connection you have to Manitoba. All candidates must have at least one type of connection to our province (Regional Development is considered a supplemental connection factor; points can only be awarded in combination with a Manitoba connection).

Close relative in Manitoba 200
Previous authorized work experience in Manitoba (six months or more) 100
Completed post-secondary program in Manitoba (two years or more) 100
Completed post-secondary program in Manitoba (one year) 50
Close friend or distant relative in Manitoba 50

May 11, 2015
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Hi All,

Newbie here, just want to clarify this part in MPNP website.. Does below mean that if you don't have any relative, friend, work experience and education in Manitoba you cannot apply for this program eventhough you meet all other criteria?

Factor 5: Adaptability

Adaptability points are calculated based on the type of connection you have to Manitoba. All candidates must have at least one type of connection to our province (Regional Development is considered a supplemental connection factor; points can only be awarded in combination with a Manitoba connection).

Close relative in Manitoba 200
Previous authorized work experience in Manitoba (six months or more) 100
Completed post-secondary program in Manitoba (two years or more) 100
Completed post-secondary program in Manitoba (one year) 50
Close friend or distant relative in Manitoba 50
Unfortunately yes. MPNP clearly states that an applicant should have at least one connection to the province. You could try applying to Morden though or the Strategic Recruitment of MPNP.

Reactions: Oyster

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
noticemesenpai said:
Unfortunately yes. MPNP clearly states that an applicant should have at least one connection to the province. You could try applying to Morden though or the Strategic Recruitment of MPNP.
Please enlighten me about Morden and strategic recruitment. I've never come across these two options yet. Thanks

hasanul_murad

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jul-2016
Hi Experts,

I am going to register EOI for Manitoba and checked my score is 404. I have seen the minimum score of recent draw (13th October) was 558. Should I apply and wait for my turn or any other way to raise the score....

Not sure about strategic initiative which worth 500 score. Please to know about it.

Murad

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
hasanul_murad said:
Hi Experts,

I am going to register EOI for Manitoba and checked my score is 404. I have seen the minimum score of recent draw (13th October) was 558. Should I apply and wait for my turn or any other way to raise the score....

Not sure about strategic initiative which worth 500 score. Please to know about it.

Murad
I don't know where did you see 'recent draw (13th October) was 558' unless you are on your way back on a time machine.

For the latest draw results please check the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

It was the 18th draw on 2nd of Oct with a cut off of 450 points with 1530 ITAs issued.

Hope I could put your time machine on the back gear. ;D