+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP or Onatrio PNP

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi All,

Good Day!

I Just completed my PG Diploma from Winnipeg, Manitoba and got a job offer from here (same field of study - IT) but minimum wage.
Also I received an offer from an MNC in Toronto (same field of study - IT). Wage is better than Manitoba (I understand that living expense in Toronto is higher than Winnipeg) but carrier wise I like the job in Toronto. I am confused which one to choose in terms of PR. Manitoba PNP seems more favorable to me but I dont know much about Ontario PNP.

Could you please share your valuable comments? TIA :)

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi All,

Good Day!

I Just completed my PG Diploma from Winnipeg, Manitoba and got a job offer from here (same field of study - IT) but minimum wage.
Also I received an offer from an MNC in Toronto (same field of study - IT). Wage is better than Manitoba (I understand that living expense in Toronto is higher than Winnipeg) but carrier wise I like the job in Toronto. I am confused which one to choose in terms of PR. Manitoba PNP seems more favorable to me but I dont know much about Ontario PNP.

Could you please share your valuable comments? TIA :)
Hi,

There is no doubt both Manitoba and Ontario, have their own benefits. However, since you have already studied in Manitoba that makes you eligible for the respective MPNP program: International Education Stream. Once applied, the overall timeline would take upto 12 months (from nomination to PR).

On the other hand, with a job offer from Ontario you have become eligible for non-express entry OINP program: Employer Job Offer Stream. For this, the overall timeline could take longer than 12 months.

Well, as both these are neighbouring provinces so you can consider residing in Manitoba and working in Ontario if this seems feasible to you.

Reactions: Darvin

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

There is no doubt both Manitoba and Ontario, have their own benefits. However, since you have already studied in Manitoba that makes you eligible for the respective MPNP program: International Education Stream. Once applied, the overall timeline would take upto 12 months (from nomination to PR).

On the other hand, with a job offer from Ontario you have become eligible for non-express entry OINP program: Employer Job Offer Stream. For this, the overall timeline could take longer than 12 months.

Well, as both these are neighbouring provinces so you can consider residing in Manitoba and working in Ontario if this seems feasible to you.
Thank you so much for the comments.
Just one more question:- I am yet to receive the offer letter from the Ontario employer (as off now only verbal offer). So If I sign the offer letter from the Manitoba employer now, is there any problem in accepting the offer from Ontario employer later? I mean, if I join with the Manitoba employer now, can I drop the job and accept the other one without a problem? (I am not sure about the laws here).

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thank you so much for the comments.
Just one more question:- I am yet to receive the offer letter from the Ontario employer (as off now only verbal offer). So If I sign the offer letter from the Manitoba employer now, is there any problem in accepting the offer from Ontario employer later? I mean, if I join with the Manitoba employer now, can I drop the job and accept the other one without a problem? (I am not sure about the laws here).
It should be fine.

Reactions: Darvin