+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP opens 30th April

indigoroom

Mar 21, 2015
Dear All,
My agent just told me that On April 30, 2015 the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) will reopen its Skilled Worker Overseas stream along with other process improvements for the MPNP Skilled Worker category. Manitoba has been awarded up to 500 additional nomination spaces to be used for candidates who qualify under Express Entry.

Now the problem is, on the immigratemanitoba website, the requirements page says that I need to have a close relative or at least a friend or a distant relative in manitoba to show a "strong connection" to Manitoba. But I only have friends in Ontario and BC. Is there any way I could possibly apply for the PNP in Manitoba with meeting this certain criteria?

Thanks in advance

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
indigoroom said:
Dear All,
My agent just told me that On April 30, 2015 the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) will reopen its Skilled Worker Overseas stream along with other process improvements for the MPNP Skilled Worker category. Manitoba has been awarded up to 500 additional nomination spaces to be used for candidates who qualify under Express Entry.

Now the problem is, on the immigratemanitoba website, the requirements page says that I need to have a close relative or at least a friend or a distant relative in manitoba to show a "strong connection" to Manitoba. But I only have friends in Ontario and BC. Is there any way I could possibly apply for the PNP in Manitoba with meeting this certain criteria?

Thanks in advance
The reason they want you to show relatives in Manitoba is to prevent you from getting a PNP from that state and then move to another state. I doubt that having relatives in other states will help. They will recommend that you apply for those states instead. The main part is convincing them that you will staying in Manitoba and usually, a job offer and a letter showing that you have accepted it is the best option.