+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP I have an in demand job

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
does anyone know much about this pnp?

It says you must have a relative living in Manitoba for atleaat a year, but do they let you express your interest if you have an in demand occupation? Not many will have a relative in manitoba so it seems to me it drastcially reduces the chance of getting workers from abroad to fill such jobs, it seems illogical?

My brother is there but hasn’t done a year yet, i’m worried they change criteria while i wait for the year to pass. How does one prove a ‘landing date’ for him anyhow? What if he decided to travel etc? The criteria for what consitutes living it vague

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother is there but hasn’t done a year yet, i’m worried they change criteria while i wait for the year to pass. How does one prove a ‘landing date’ for him anyhow? What if he decided to travel etc? The criteria for what consitutes living it vague
His landing date would be stamped on his COPR.

If he decides to go for a short vacation - that's not an issue. If he relocates for a couple of months or longer, that will be a problem. Living in the province is demonstrated by showing things such as proof of property ownership or rental, utility bills, proof of employment and tax returns.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I would like to know too. I am in the same situation
It’s frustrating isn’t it, the PNP programs are clear but there always seems to be inconsitencies in some of the streams.

Surely as a province if you have an in demand job you should not ask as a requirement to have a relative in Manitoba, literally every elligible applicant won’t have that connection to canada let alone Manitoba....this will surely cripple employers ability to fill the in demand jobs. No womder mine has been in demand for years now...

I have an appointment with an immigration lawyer tomorrow, i would be gald to share the answer with you once i find out. I think a connection OR a nominationis required still sadly but to me there is no clear difference between the human capital pathway and skilled worker oferseas....it’s the same thing...

The second issue is it doesn’t make it clear how you get a pnp nomination to override the common connection criteria. All it says is you have to have been found on a foreign worker expedition, but they haven’t done one for two years....

Reactions: nedian84

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
His landing date would be stamped on his COPR.

If he decides to go for a short vacation - that's not an issue. If he relocates for a couple of months or longer, that will be a problem. Living in the province is demonstrated by showing things such as proof of property ownership or rental, utility bills, proof of employment and tax returns.
A passport stamp do you mean? He’s a dual citizen, he could stamp in on his canadian one, rent a place and then stamp outside canada on his british one. It seems a very loose proceedure to prove residence, either way he’ll do the year if it means ican apply and i do want to live there anyway. Toronto and Vancouver is so much more expensive.

So there’s no real limit on abroad travel, it’s essentially up to the immigration officer to decide what’s reasonable etc. He is in and out a lot as it is now because of rental property we own in the UK....i hope that’s considered logical.

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately. Because of the last EE draws even I get CLB 9 qualification, my crs score will be not enough to be eligible. My case is soo close to you. My brother will be in Manitoba in November 2019 as a PR holder and he will stay 1 year to just support me later (that's why I would like to know continuously living issues e.t.c). I am an electrical and electronics engineer which is in their demand list however still it is too hard to be eligible for PR via Manitoba PNP even my occupation is in their list and I have a close relative, who lived there at least 1 year, and good English skill with 2 years job experiences. If you share the information taken from the immigration consultant, I will appreciate to you my friend. Good luck.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah, unfortunately. Because of the last EE draws even I get CLB 9 qualification, my crs score will be not enough to be eligible. My case is soo close to you. My brother will be in Manitoba in November 2019 as a PR holder and he will stay 1 year to just support me later (that's why I would like to know continuously living issues e.t.c). I am an electrical and electronics engineer which is in their demand list however still it is too hard to be eligible for PR via Manitoba PNP even my occupation is in their list and I have a close relative, who lived there at least 1 year, and good English skill with 2 years job experiences. If you share the information taken from the immigration consultant, I will appreciate to you my friend. Good luck.
Then i don’t understand why you won’t get in? My CRS for EE is 408 and 421 in august, but with a pnp you gain 600 points guarenteeing PR.

Do you mean your score for Manitoba draw isn’t enough? Or Manitoba point requirment? Or do you mean the “draw score” for entry to manitoba ? Right now its about 450 on the ranking, of you apply to live outside of winnipeg you get 50 points extra. Which score are you referring to?

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
I mean my express entry (ee) crs points will be stuck on 444. Not possible to reach 450s points, so Manitoba PNP requires at least 565 on its on stream to be selected to gain 600 points to my express entry profile. That's why it nearly comes to 560s points on PNP stream to be eligible for PR via Manitoba PNP even your occupation is in their list and you have a close relative, who lived there at least 1 year, and good English skill. I am checking draws from below.

https://www.canadavisa.com/manitoba-skilled-worker-immigration-stream.html#mpnppointsassessment

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I mean my express entry (ee) crs points will be stuck on 444. Not possible to reach 450s points, so Manitoba PNP requires at least 565 on its on stream to be selected to gain 600 points to my express entry profile. That's why it nearly comes to 560s points on PNP stream to be eligible for PR via Manitoba PNP even your occupation is in their list and you have a close relative, who lived there at least 1 year, and good English skill. I am checking draws from below.

https://www.canadavisa.com/manitoba-skilled-worker-immigration-stream.html#mpnppointsassessment
I don’t think you have understood this correctly...
Your expressed entry profile is based on ALL of canada so you have 444 correct? Mine is currently 388 so very low, however i have 82 points on the manitoba PNP point calculator right, where only 60 is needed. This translates to a Manitoba ranking score of 595 (see table below point table) , this is currently OVER the amount you need to get a nomination on the manitoba LOCAL draw, see here for the draw score for skilled worker.

https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/category/mpnp-notices/eoi-draw/

Check this link above, 565 is the lowest score achieved for a provincial nomination. That means despite my express entry score of 388 i have a score of 595 for the MANITOBA draw. This means currently i would get a nomination for manitob as its above 565, which then adds 600 to my EE profile scoing me 888 CRS.

I think you are assuming the manitoba ranking score and CRS are the same, they are not.

Think about it, Manitoba will not ask for 565 EE points on your EE profile when currently to win PR for ALL canada the EE draw ranking is currently 450 EE or so points. You have the rank for Manitoba and the rank for EE....two different things.

You could have a score above 60 on the manitoba point calculator, then on the table below rank score 600. Even if you have an EE point of 100 CRS, you will achieve a rank above the manitoba local draw so you will get a pnp nomination giving you 100 CRS which you already have, plus 600 PNP now your EE crs for canada is 700, it is designed to make sure you get to canada if you get a pnp. No one will get a pnp and not get PR even if EE is 0 which is impossible.

Last edited:

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
My friend no needed to explain detaily. I am saying the same thing as you.What I mean is to get 600 points from manitoba pnp is also hard.We barely get this points thanks to relatives.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
My friend no needed to explain detaily. I am saying the same thing as you.What I mean is to get 600 points from manitoba pnp is also hard.We barely get this points thanks to relatives.
I thought you said you won’t be elligible it seems you will be, i was worried you thought you weren’t.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Update for this PNP.....they look for atleast two years when considering a connection to manitoba, do not waste your life with this pnp, they won’t consider you with 1 year.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Are you sure about this? Could kindly you show your reference? Because still written as 1 year.
https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/swo/swo-eligibility/
The source is the immigration lawyer himself, the requirements there are the minimum criteria and said they will rarely look at candidates who qualify for the minmium criteria due to the ranking and also people moving on mass to the province in order to get relatives in canada. In other words peope are asking their canadian relative to live in manitoba and the province knows they’re manipulating the system. Hence they look for atleast two years because it shows genuine settles to the province where as one year they will be people manipulating the system.

Its a waste of two years, instead i would look at the atlantic immigration program, its much easier.

Ali Ak

Aug 5, 2018
Thank you for your explanation, my friend. I will search for this. Also as I know, Atlantic immigration programs require a job offer. Is there any possibility that we will be migrated to any of these provinces without a job offer? For example, is it enough to apply with any kind of family sponsorship?