Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Hello! I'm sponsoring my brother and his wife from UAE. I live in Winnipeg. They got 560 score for PNP program, but the invitation letters are coming to those who have 700 score with a job offer letter. Is there any chance that they'll get invited too? Any advice please! Thank you!

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello! I'm sponsoring my brother and his wife from UAE. I live in Winnipeg. They got 560 score for PNP program, but the invitation letters are coming to those who have 700 score with a job offer letter. Is there any chance that they'll get invited too? Any advice please! Thank you!
My first question when people do this stuff is - are you sure you want to sponsor your brother and wife? Do you have good relations with them? Are they going to use you for PR, get all your help in settling in, and then be unthankful? Make sure you won't regret your decision.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This question is asked every week. Manitoba is competitive and having a sibling in the province is not enough right now. Most applicants have gone to school or worked in the province, or have a job offer.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

Currently, Manitoba has been conducting combined stream draws in which invitations are split among all different streams that's why the cut-off for OSW stream is being above 700.
However, when a single draw targeting this particular stream would happen then the score could fall even below 560 and your brother could get an invitation in that case, not otherwise. They have to wait until that kind of draw happens. Hope this would help. Good luck !

Reactions: zbaby

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
My first question when people do this stuff is - are you sure you want to sponsor your brother and wife? Do you have good relations with them? Are they going to use you for PR, get all your help in settling in, and then be unthankful? Make sure you won't regret your decision.
Obviously i want to sponsor my brother and his wife, i love them. What kind of helpful comment was that?

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Hi,

Currently, Manitoba has been conducting combined stream draws in which invitations are split among all different streams that's why the cut-off for OSW stream is being above 700.
However, when a single draw targeting this particular stream would happen then the score could fall even below 560 and your brother could get an invitation in that case, not otherwise. They have to wait until that kind of draw happens. Hope this would help. Good luck !
Hi thank you! This is my 1st time trying to sponsor someone, so I'm kinda learning. So do they do single draw targeting more often? Also they have a friend in Steinbach Manitoba where they get extra 50 points. If they use his name instead of mine (sibling) would it be better for them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi thank you! This is my 1st time trying to sponsor someone, so I'm kinda learning. So do they do single draw targeting more often? Also they have a friend in Steinbach Manitoba where they get extra 50 points. If they use his name instead of mine (sibling) would it be better for them?
Sponsoring someone comes with significant responsibilities and potential liabilities so you shouldn’t put your friends name on it and you also shouldn’t ask a friend to take on that responsibility and/or impact on their ability to sponsor their own family. You also get more points when you sponsor a close family member. Your sibling and their family must be ready to commit to living in Manitoba. You should make sure to clarify that they can not arrive and relocate elsewhere for multiple years. Many may be interested in moving to another province to seek better opportunities or they may work in a field where there aren’t many jobs in Manitoba. These are the types of things that you need to talk about as a family.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Having a sibling sponsored a case always outweighs the relationship and bondings than of a friend in terms of sponsorship and immigration application. That's why the point difference is huge.

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
Sponsoring someone comes with significant responsibilities and potential liabilities so you shouldn’t put your friends name on it and you also shouldn’t ask a friend to take on that responsibility and/or impact on their ability to sponsor their own family. You also get more points when you sponsor a close family member. Your sibling and their family must be ready to commit to living in Manitoba. You should make sure to clarify that they can not arrive and relocate elsewhere for multiple years. Many may be interested in moving to another province to seek better opportunities or they may work in a field where there aren’t many jobs in Manitoba. These are the types of things that you need to talk about as a family.
Yes we do understand that part. We're settled in Winnipeg for last years and my siblings are planning to get settled here as well. The main objective is to have a family closer and support each other. Thank you!