+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

manitoba mpnp query

jatinsembhi

May 30, 2019
My query is regarding "friend or distant relative & close relative".
Can both of them support me for MPNP ? where "Close relative" is my first cousin (my mom's bother's son) and "friend or distant relative" is as my first cousin (my mom's bother's daughter's) husband.
Appreciate if you kindly advise me.

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai

Belle0725

Mar 6, 2016
t

Thanks for your quick response, but my query was to check if i can get support from my two 1st cousins to increase my points, e.g. for now my score is 549 , if i get support from other cousin than i can add 50 more points as "friend or distant relative"....,

Factor 5: Adaptability

Adaptability points are calculated according to documented proof of a strong connection to Manitoba and employability in your assessed occupation, demonstrating that you have the genuine intention and ability to successfully settle and economically establish in Manitoba as a permanent resident. A connection to Manitoba is required of all applicants. You can only receive points for one type of connection, even if multiple apply to you. In addition to Adaptability points, you may also score points for Regional Immigration for having a connection to, and planning to settle in, a region of Manitoba outside the city of Winnipeg. Regional points are supplemental only and cannot be a substitute for another connection to the province.

olxandr

Sep 22, 2015
Here is also another wording from the mpnp website

Factor 5: Adaptability
Adaptability points are calculated based on the type of connection you have to Manitoba. All candidates must have at least one type of connection to our province (Regional Development is considered a supplemental connection factor; points can only be awarded in combination with a Manitoba connection). You cannot be awarded points for more than one connection factor, you will only be scored based on your connection which gives you the highest score. Supplemental points for Regional Development cannot be awarded to candidates whose connection to Manitoba is based on Manitoba Demand. All candidates indicating that they plan to settle outside of Winnipeg MUST at the time of application satisfactorily demonstrate that they have a convincing connection to a region outside of the capital city indicating a strong likelihood that they will make a long-term economic contribution to that region.