+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila VO. how long is PPR after medical reassessment?

thankscanada

Jan 6, 2016
i received a call today from cic manila saying they were finalizing my visa and asks me if i could leave by Apr 5 which was the last day of my medical exam validity. i can't come on short notice so they sent me a request for a medical reassessment.

does anyone know how long is the PPR after the medical reassessment and how many days until they sent back the passport with visa? thanks!

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
thankscanada said:
i received a call today from cic manila saying they were finalizing my visa and asks me if i could leave by Apr 5 which was the last day of my medical exam validity. i can't come on short notice so they sent me a request for a medical reassessment.

does anyone know how long is the PPR after the medical reassessment and how many days until they sent back the passport with visa? thanks!

what took so long to issue the visa that you are made to suffer for reassessment?

lnguyen1

Feb 27, 2016
I had medical checkup in the end of July 2015 and haven't received PPR till today. May be I will end up in the same scenario.

janz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
lnguyen1 said:
I had medical checkup in the end of July 2015 and haven't received PPR till today. May be I will end up in the same scenario.

yes, for the visa to be issued is valid only for one year after the medical exam.

lnguyen1

Feb 27, 2016
I have emailed and asked for status of my application twice since Jan 2016 and here below is the answer from Manila VO:
===Quoted===
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please be advised that your application is still in progress. We will advise you in writing of any additional documentary requirements which we may have or of any information or results which we have for you.
In the meantime, your patience is appreciated as we continue processing your application.
===Unquoted===

The problem is that I have not yet resigned from my job which I need to give 3 months notice and i worry that I wont have enough time to do that with the short notice. Should I tender my resignation now? Anyone can help to advise please? Thanks much!

thankscanada

Jan 6, 2016
lnguyen1 said:
I have emailed and asked for status of my application twice since Jan 2016 and here below is the answer from Manila VO:
===Quoted===
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please be advised that your application is still in progress. We will advise you in writing of any additional documentary requirements which we may have or of any information or results which we have for you.
In the meantime, your patience is appreciated as we continue processing your application.
===Unquoted===

The problem is that I have not yet resigned from my job which I need to give 3 months notice and i worry that I wont have enough time to do that with the short notice. Should I tender my resignation now? Anyone can help to advise please? Thanks much!
It depends when is the expiration of your visa. If there is no problem in your application, chances are your visa will expired on the same date of your medical exam. With me I redid my medical exam on March 1, 2016 and my visa expires on March 10, 2017.

Sweetslasher

Jun 23, 2018
I did my medical on the 19th of march..

Im still waiting for ppr.. same as you.. im in a limbo. I hsve to render 30 days..