+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANILA V.O. ~~ done with MEDICALS and waiting for PPR (passport request)

rao_ashraf

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
LVO
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011 MI2
Nomination.....
In process July 2012
Med's Request
DEC 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Passport Req..
Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
FEB 10, 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014 Inshallah
ASFAT said:
lets pray for a fruitful week! good luck to us! ; :)
yes we must pray for each of us

vanjillja

Jun 17, 2013
Hello asfat,

We have almost the same timeline..however, cem requested me for my lacking chest xray and my baby's medical last may and we finished it on the 23rd of may..
We are waiting for our ppr.
Can i follow up cem? If yes? How? Thank you...

ASFAT

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
vanjillja said:
Hello asfat,

We have almost the same timeline..however, cem requested me for my lacking chest xray and my baby's medical last may and we finished it on the 23rd of may..
We are waiting for our ppr.
Can i follow up cem? If yes? How? Thank you...
unfortunately there is nothing you can do but to wait. you only contact the cem if there are changes in your application (new born, change of status, death etc..) anyway, for sure your are on queue, who knows your next in line :)

EdGuien

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
AOR Received.
March 2012
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 2012 (Advised for Re-medical: March 2014)
Med's Done....
June 2012 Re-Medical: April 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
Spring 2015
Query lang mga threadmates, any idea of the frequency of visa issuance sa CEM sa ngayon?
Prayers for all of us who are still awaiting for the good news :)
Thank you

vanjillja

Jun 17, 2013
ASFAT said:
unfortunately there is nothing you can do but to wait. you only contact the cem if there are changes in your application (new born, change of status, death etc..) anyway, for sure your are on queue, who knows your next in line :)
Thank u asfat! I hope so.. im hoping and praying...

meoh2595

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASFAT said:
Hi! is there any deadline of this waiting? I mean the processing time is 12 - 14months. then if they pass to the given processing time, and then still no update with the application, what's next?

EdGuien

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
AOR Received.
March 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
Spring 2015
Hi, any updates po from CEM?
God bless :)

JosephRuflo

Jul 13, 2013
Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada's fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

ASFAT

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Visa offices remain open

PAFSO responded that they couldn't accept that condition since fighting for "equal pay for equal work" is the precise reason they are on strike. Edwards said foreign service officers are trying to close the wage gap with other government workers who do the same jobs working as policy analysts, economists, lawyers or other positions but get paid more.

PAFSO said it would accept three of the conditions, but Treasury Board said it had to accept them all.

"We are disappointed that the union has refused our reasonable offer," a spokesman for Clement said Monday. "Our government is committed to bargaining in good faith, unlike the union, which has breached good faith bargaining principles by releasing confidential negotiating documents."

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.

The department is urging people who need a visa to apply as early as possible.

"It's a massive flow," he told CBC News. Tourists, international students, businesspeople and temporary foreign workers are all affected by the withdrawal of services.

"A lot of them will not be able to get their visa. If they do it will be severely delayed," said Edwards.

Source : http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/29/pol-foreign-service-strike.html

nhactre99

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Please note: Applicants may not deliver passports in person or via the drop-box in order to obtain their immigrant visas.
Please respond within thirty (30) days of this letter or risk refusal of your application per the above warning.

Can we apply in person actually? waiting 90 days is so long??? in case we want to travel anywhere else???

EdGuien

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
AOR Received.
March 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
Spring 2015

EdGuien

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
AOR Received.
March 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 2014
LANDED..........
Spring 2015
Hi everyone,

We got this email from the CEM last 13 May 2013, but until now we have not got any updates on our application.
Can anyone share any knowledge regarding this matter? Like, what is taking CEM too long and other related matters.

Thank you.

"Please be advised that your file is currently queued for review of the officer.

We will advise you in writing if additional documents or information is required. For the meantime, your patience is appreciated as we continue to process your application."

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
Anybody received their visa this week? I'm still waiting.... and waiting... and waiting...