+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
Hello All,

Today CIC asked for re-med as our previous meds had expired. After reviewing the Manila VO spreadsheet, it appears the trend has been to request any additional documents prior to PRR and any request for red-med. Based on our PRR in May 2014 and our Re-med Oct 2014, once CIC has our re-med results, they should be in a position to issue COPR. The timeline trend, based on the Manila VO Spreadsheet is 1-3 months after Re-med, COPR is received. We are so thankful that our file is once again moving! We will be in Manila spending Christmas and New Years, hoping for travel back to Canada on January 17, 2014...FINGERS CROSSED!

Our MP has been great throughout this process, as has our immigration lawyer. Some have asked if we have requested our GCMS notes. We have not. We were advised this slows down the process. We have also not asked for the passport back (CIC has had since May 2014) so we can travel while together in December and January in Manila, but were also advised this too, will slow down the process.

Patiently waiting:)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Those that don't speak Tagalog wait longer?? That's a crock of horse pooh!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
truesmile said:
Those that don't speak Tagalog wait longer?? That's a crock of horse pooh!

:eek:

when Philippino marries someone from the same culture (same country) they
have common ground and are easier files to handle....
Cultural differences, including language differences will require slower process.
In many cases will be handle by senior officers, which will make the process slower
as there is a relation of maybe 8 locally engaged agents for every Canadian Visa Officer....

That is a fact that we need to understand.... and understand the consequences

Oct 24, 2014
Ok so I am hoping I can get this all figured out with a little bit of help.

I am a Canadian born citizen currently living in the Philippines and married to a Filipina wife. We have been chatting since 2012 before I came to the philippines June 2013 to live with/marry her.

She has one 6 year old child from a previous past relationship with a Filipino.

Anyways the guys name and signature are on the child's birth certificate even though he has never been involved in the child's life as well as givin no financial or emotional support.

We have a plan to submit an application for my wife within the next 2 months for a family class sponsership to canada to live with me.

The child will be in sole custody of her parents while she is residing in canada and will not be accompanying her at first.

So my first question would be...
1.) How long after she gets her pr card and lands in Canada will she be able to sponser her child herself?

2.) Is there any other documents that the cic will request to prove that the child is staying with her parents?

3.) She currently does not and has not had any contact with the biological father since the child was born as well as does not know his whereabouts. How will this affect the app process and what kind of consent does she need to get if any?

4.) is there anything else I should be concerned about on need to get before we submit?

We have plenty of proof of our relationship and I am confident that we will have no problems filling out the application and gathering the necessary documents.

We have the medical exam all done for her and the child as of last week and are just currently waiting now for the renewal of her passport in my surname which should be ready in just over 1 month.

The application is very straight forward but I am just worried about how long it will take and all of the requirements for the child after she gets a pr.

I would obviously hate to see her and myself away from the child for long as he is very attached to us.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Awesomeg said:
:eek:

when Philippino marries someone from the same culture (same country) they
have common ground and are easier files to handle....
Cultural differences, including language differences will require slower process.
In many cases will be handle by senior officers, which will make the process slower
as there is a relation of maybe 8 locally engaged agents for every Canadian Visa Officer....

That is a fact that we need to understand.... and understand the consequences
Well, your original statement was a little confusing, as it implied that everyone, including Canadians, Koreans and Japanese, should speak Tagalog if they want their application processed faster.

As for Phillippino-Canadian couples speaking Tagalog, I suppose that can help. But probably if the sponsored person has a good level of English, that would probably be just as good, if not better.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Canadaformylife said:
Ok so I am hoping I can get this all figured out with a little bit of help.

I am a Canadian born citizen currently living in the Philippines and married to a Filipina wife. We have been chatting since 2012 before I came to the philippines June 2013 to live with/marry her.

She has one 6 year old child from a previous past relationship with a Filipino.

Anyways the guys name and signature are on the child's birth certificate even though he has never been involved in the child's life as well as givin no financial or emotional support.

We have a plan to submit an application for my wife within the next 2 months for a family class sponsership to canada to live with me.

The child will be in sole custody of her parents while she is residing in canada and will not be accompanying her at first.

So my first question would be...
1.) How long after she gets her pr card and lands in Canada will she be able to sponser her child herself?

2.) Is there any other documents that the cic will request to prove that the child is staying with her parents?

3.) She currently does not and has not had any contact with the biological father since the child was born as well as does not know his whereabouts. How will this affect the app process and what kind of consent does she need to get if any?

4.) is there anything else I should be concerned about on need to get before we submit?

We have plenty of proof of our relationship and I am confident that we will have no problems filling out the application and gathering the necessary documents.

We have the medical exam all done for her and the child as of last week and are just currently waiting now for the renewal of her passport in my surname which should be ready in just over 1 month.

The application is very straight forward but I am just worried about how long it will take and all of the requirements for the child after she gets a pr.

I would obviously hate to see her and myself away from the child for long as he is very attached to us.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Is there a reason why you and your wife do not want to include her child in the PR application for your wife? I'm asking because you say you and your wife don't want to be away from the child for too long. If you want the three of you to stay together, why not include the child in the PR application?

Oct 24, 2014
Kayaker said:
Is there a reason why you and your wife do not want to include her child in the PR application for your wife? I'm asking because you say you and your wife don't want to be away from the child for too long. If you want the three of you to stay together, why not include the child in the PR application?
I am allowed to sponsor my wife's dependant son?? I can sponsor him before I adopt him?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaformylife said:
I am allowed to sponsor my wife's dependant son?? I can sponsor him before I adopt him?
My understanding is that you can include the dependent child of the person you are sponsoring in the application. There is nothing in the applications which says you have to be the father of the dependent child of the person you are sponsoring. However, one thing that may be required is written consent from the father of your wife's son.

Oct 24, 2014
O_guy said:
My understanding is that you can include the dependent child of the person you are sponsoring in the application. There is nothing in the applications which says you have to be the father of the dependent child of the person you are sponsoring. However, one thing that may be required is written consent from the father of your wife's son.
Ok thanks for you help.

Would I need to fill out a separate full application for the child or just fill out the additional dependants in my wife's app, check mark the accompanying to canada with her, and pay the additional fee ($150) for the child?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Canadaformylife said:
Yes, you can. You will be sponsoring your wife and the child will be listed as her dependent. So it's not two separate applications, but one. Which means that, if they refuse your wife PR (theoretically speaking - I'm not saying this is likely!) her child will not be eligible for PR either. Essentially, the child is piggybacking on his mother's PR application.

Actually, I think the visa officers might give you guys a harder time if she is planning to leave her child behind. They would assume that a mother would normally want to keep her child with her, and that in a good relationship, the stepfather would be happy to have the stepchild live with them.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaformylife said:
Ok thanks for you help.

Would I need to fill out a separate full application for the child or just fill out the additional dependants in my wife's app, check mark the accompanying to canada with her, and pay the additional fee ($150) for the child?
This is all just ONE application. The mother is the principal applicant and her child's name will go on the application as dependent. If you need help with filling out the application forms, send me private message.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Canadaformylife said:
Ok thanks for you help.

There will definitely be a red flag on your application if she leaves the child behind, it will be suspicious to visa officers. She should include him in her application.
The only thing is that she will need to have a written consent from the father or a paper from the Philippines justice dept. that states the child is on her custody only since birth. There is applicants who did that already, you might want to search the forum for that. This process can take some time also as processing things always takes forever in Phils.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Canadaformylife said:
Ok thanks for you help.

First of all, we got our visas yesterday! My wife & son will join me in Canada in mid-November. Exciting times! (We did NOT require a release from the child's bio-dad as he was not on the birth certificate.)

Yes, Canadaformylife you can put the child on the same application as his mother. In your case though you would ideally include the bio-dad's release (there's a form, I believe, IMM5406 or 5604). If he's nowhere to be found I'm not sure what they would do in that case. Maybe contact the Philippines authorities as well to see if they can locate him?

Good luck to all ... Edgehead you have to be next! :)

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Any of you who applied earlier than 2014 please join a specifically created Facebook Group. We are planning to get the media to cover our story. Please send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you an invite to the group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/769729313073859/

Gabriel

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
First of all, we got our visas yesterday! My wife & son will join me in Canada in mid-November. Exciting times! (We did NOT require a release from the child's bio-dad as he was not on the birth certificate.)

Yes, Canadaformylife you can put the child on the same application as his mother. In your case though you would ideally include the bio-dad's release (there's a form, I believe, IMM5406 or 5604). If he's nowhere to be found I'm not sure what they would do in that case. Maybe contact the Philippines authorities as well to see if they can locate him?

Good luck to all ... Edgehead you have to be next! :)
Congrats Gumper, keep me updated on when your wife and son land.
I really hope I will be next. I never thought that I would wish everyday of the week to be monday. And its frustarting when you see people who applied as soon as May having DM while we are still waiting.
My MP has not been very helpful since she said we are still within the posted processing time. The only thing I got from her is that the VO told her they are believing our relationship is genuine.